Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Bugliosi's "Conclusion of No Conspiracy" 13 of 32 “were practically starving”  (Read 163 times)

Offline John Mytton

13. If a group like the CIA or organized crime was behind Oswald’s murder of Kennedy, is it likely that Oswald was so strapped for money at the time he murdered Kennedy that he never had a pot to grow flowers in, having, per the Warren Report, only $183 to his name at the time of his arrest?41* In addition to the $170 he had left for Marina, at the time of his arrest Oswald had a $5 bill, eight $1 bills, a fifty-cent piece, three dimes, a nickel, and two pennies on his person.42 A total of $183.87—a big hit man for the mob or CIA. Right. We know that contract killers get thousands of dollars to eliminate people no one has ever heard of, but to kill the president of the United States the mob or CIA is not going to pay its hit man anything, not even any money up front?       

When, on June 22, 1996, I went to the rooming house where Oswald lived at the time of the assassination, Kaye Puckett, who currently runs the place her family has owned since 1939, and was married with three children and living at the rooming house in 1963, showed me where Oswald’s room was, right off the living room to the left when you enter the home. I was astonished at how small it was. When I said to Mrs. Puckett, “This looks more like a large closet to me than a room,” she responded that at one time it had been used as a telephone room for all the tenants (it had also, at another time, been used as a small library) and was never intended to be a regular room to rent, but it was all that was available to Oswald when he came to the rooming house in October of 1963, the other regular rooms being rented out, and he settled for it. So the CIA or mob or military-industrial-complex conspirators were really taking good care of their hit man, weren’t they?       

Surely no one believes that Oswald would have agreed to commit the biggest murder in American history as a paid hit man for someone else without getting some real money up front.       

Quite apart from Oswald’s not receiving any large sum of money around the time of the assassination as a down payment to kill Kennedy, virtually all conspiracy theorists have alleged that Oswald was an agent of U.S. intelligence during the years leading up to the assassination, many claiming he was even a double agent, helping the KGB. But if this is so, unless the theorists want us to believe he was working free for these agencies (completely unrealistic), where is there any evidence that Oswald, at any point in his adult life, was spending more money than he was earning from his various jobs? To the contrary, all the evidence is that Oswald was always very poor. Poor to the point where he had to borrow money to pay for his and Marina’s transportation to the United States from Russia. To the point where Oswald owned one suit to his name, a Russian-made, poorly fitting garment of heavy fabric that was unsuitable for the warm climate of Texas and Louisiana.43 To the point where Ruth Paine described the Oswalds as “very poor,”44 and Oswald’s aunt, Lillian Murret, said the Oswalds “were practically starving” in the summer of 1963 in New Orleans.45 To the point where, as indicated, their friend in Dallas, Paul Gregory, told the Warren Commission that he would often take them shopping for groceries and he was “amazed at how little they bought,”46 and their friends would bring food and groceries to their apartment.47 To the point where Jeanne de Mohrenschildt didn’t feel she could really judge whether Marina was the type to make a home out of where they lived because “they had so few things,” and you can’t “make a home out of nothing…They were so poor.”48 To the point where near the end Oswald was living in a very tiny 5 × 13½ foot room at a rooming house for which he paid eight dollars a week.       

As mentioned in the introduction to this book, no one has studied the assassination more than the late Warren Commission critic Harold Weisberg. And as Weisberg confided to me in a letter three years before his death, he had “not found a shred of evidence” to support the position that Oswald was a paid agent for anyone, adding that Oswald “never had an extra penny, so he had no loot from being an agent.”49
RHVB

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Bugliosi's arguments get more and more ridiculous as he goes along.  This is another version of his "I don't believe conspirators would do X, therefore there was no conspiracy".

First of all, just because Oswald was a cheapskate, it doesn't follow that he was poor.  Second of all, if a person really was an undercover agent, he wouldn't be undercover long if he was in the habit of going on spending sprees.  Third of all, we have a witness saying that Oswald came in to look at cars saying that within a few weeks he had some money coming in and would be back.

Yeah, I know.  He was another liar.  They were all liars.

Offline John Mytton

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yep, like all these inconvenient eyewitnesses and investigators;

Ruth Paine
Michael Paine
Marina Oswald
Davis sister 1
Davis sister 2
Mrs Brock
Benavides
Markham
Postal
Givens
Frazier
Warren
Greer
Holmes
Norman
Kirk
Cadigan
Truly
Brewer
Bledsoe
Brennan
Baker
Humes
Boswell
Callaway
Roberts
McDonald
Day
Fritz
And etc etc, basically everyone else connected with this case whose name wasn't Saint Lee Harvey Oswald, lied profusely.

JohnM
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:37:01 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Bill Chapman

Bugliosi's arguments get more and more ridiculous as he goes along.  This is another version of his "I don't believe conspirators would do X, therefore there was no conspiracy".

First of all, just because Oswald was a cheapskate, it doesn't follow that he was poor.  Second of all, if a person really was an undercover agent, he wouldn't be undercover long if he was in the habit of going on spending sprees.  Third of all, we have a witness saying that Oswald came in to look at cars saying that within a few weeks he had some money coming in and would be back.

'Money coming in'

File that gem in the 'delusions of grandeur' category
And file you in the 'I believe everything sweet darling little angel Lee says' category.

Oswald: I'm innocent.
Iacoletti: Okay, you can go.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:15:20 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

Yep, like all these inconvenient eyewitnesses and investigators;

Ruth Paine
Michael Paine
Marina Oswald
Davis sister 1
Davis sister 2
Mrs Brock
Benavides
Markham
Postal
Givens
Frazier
Warren
Greer
Holmes
Norman
Kirk
Cadigan
Truly
Brewer
Bledsoe
Brennan
Baker
Humes
Boswell
Callaway
Roberts
McDonald
Day
Fritz
And etc etc, basically everyone else connected with this case whose name wasn't Saint Lee Harvey Oswald, lied profusely.

JohnM

Quote me ever calling all of these people liars.  I'll put up the LN cavalcade of lying/mistaken witnesses against your list any day of the week.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:26:11 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

'Money coming in'

File that gem in the 'delusions of grandeur' category
And file you in the 'I believe everything sweet darling little angel Lee says' category.

uhhh.....Bill....Oswald never said he went and looked at cars.

Oswald: I'm innocent.
Iacoletti: Okay, you can go.

This canard again from basketball gorilla man.  How about you tell the pearly gates joke again?  That one never gets old.

JFK Assassination Forum