Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald really beat his wife?  (Read 29402 times)

Offline Steve Logan

Re: Did Oswald really beat his wife?
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
Advertisement
Because I believe it is most likely that the government establishment run by Johnson-Hoover-Dulles and the CIA- Military cartel used the violent angle [no matter how remotely plausible] to convict Oswald of the assassination.
I merely tried to inform. I now believe the concept of 'educating' has lapsed into an impossibility.
The Trolls have made the topic about me supporting, defending, condoning, excusing, justifying, vindicating, and even pardoning wife beating. Like old women, they are beyond educating.

That's not particularly nice to talk about older women like that. Just for sh**s and giggles, do you have any experience with domestic violence?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2018, 11:59:43 PM »
Of course the present wave of political correctness finds its way here Have you checked out the amount of claims of women claiming to have been abused by NFL players only to claim weeks later that it wasn't true  Who knows what the truth is in any of these stories but you seem to be suggesting a one way street that all claims of suspecting the woman's story can automatically dismissed as domestic violence apologists

On the other hand it likely Oswald did beatr Marina though I also find that seeming fact to have little bearing on the question of the JFK assassination

That's comparing today's litigious society with Texas of 55 years ago. The Oswald's owned a rifle, a gun, some rounds of ammunition and some odds and sods of stuff amounting to maybe fifty bucks. That's a lifetime away from sport and entertainment stars and their coveted wealth. Support networks for abused women in the 60s would have been pretty thin on the ground I'd imagine. An abused woman back then was just as likely told to try to be a better wife and not make her man so angry.

I think it is clear that Oswald did beat Marina and you agree that it's likely. That says something about his character and that is a factor that must be added to the mix.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 12:19:45 AM by Steve Howsley »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »
Howsley .....is that your real name?
I think you've stalked me enough so cut the crap OK?
You wouldn't know the truth if it crawled out of your backside and kicked you in the head.

It's just a diversion.  You ask for evidence that Oswald shot Kennedy and you get accused of "defending a double-murderer".  Ask for evidence that Oswald physically abused his wife and you get accused of being a "domestic abuse apologist".

Then you have Chapman trying to divert by saying that Oswald slept with his mother until age 10, like that has anything to do with wife abusing.

The problem is that righteous indignation does not constitute evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:47 AM »
I spent several years working with victims of domestic abuse (no surprise that it is predominantly women who are the victim) and one of the interesting observations was that many men (almost always the perpetrator and often other male witnesses) would think it OK to belt a woman as though it was good for them.

When I see men on the internet defending the likes of wife beater LHO I wonder how they can dismiss or or even defend his behaviour.

Lee was not a "wife beater"..... Marina said that they did hit each other at times....But she provoked the fights.  That's what she said.   

You really have taken the Government's character assassination of Lee Oswald and twisted it so you can hate him just as they wanted you to do.   

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 12:55:29 AM »
It's just a diversion.  You ask for evidence that Oswald shot Kennedy and you get accused of "defending a double-murderer".  Ask for evidence that Oswald physically abused his wife and you get accused of being a "domestic abuse apologist".

Then you have Chapman trying to divert by saying that Oswald **slept with his mother until age 10, like that has anything to do with wife abusing.

**I was wondering where that came from. Chapman said Marguerite. It did not come from the mother. It came from the testimony of John Pic.
 ......And then every wannabe biographer ever since ::)
 Actually the testimony revealed that Pic and Robert [ being older] had to sleep on the sofa.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 12:55:29 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 01:25:26 AM »

Then you have Chapman trying to divert by saying that Oswald slept with his mother until age 10, like that has anything to do with wife abusing.

Are you claiming that his mother's sicko treatment of him was not a factor in his later wife abuse?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 01:28:22 AM »
**I was wondering where that came from. Chapman said Marguerite. It did not come from the mother. It came from the testimony of John Pic.
 ......And then every wannabe biographer ever since ::)

Mr. JENNER - Do you have an opinion also as to whether this atmosphere in which Lee lived had an effect upon him and his personality?
Mr. PIC - I am sure it did, sir. Also, Lee slept with my mother until I joined the service in 1950. This would make him approximately 10, well, almost 11 years old.
Mr. JENNER - When you say slept with, you mean in the same bed?
Mr. PIC - In the same bed, sir.

Actually the testimony revealed that Pic and Robert [ being older] had to sleep on the sofa.

He said that he and Robert had to sleep on couches

Mr. JENNER - Describe that house.
Mr. PIC - It was an L--shaped house, sir, being the top of the L was her bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room with a screened-in porch. She and Lee slept together. My brother and I slept in the living room in the screened-in porch on studio couches. When we moved into this house and after the divorce and everything became final, I was--

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 01:28:22 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 01:34:02 AM »
Lee was not a "wife beater"..... Marina said that they did hit each other at times....But she provoked the fights.  That's what she said.   

You really have taken the Government's character assassination of Lee Oswald and twisted it so you can hate him just as they wanted you to do.   

Why are you trying to deny that Oswald beat his wife, she said so and she at least had one bruise to prove it.

We have all been provoked and what separates us from wild animals is the ability to say NO, Oswald lacked this self control and liked to fight opponents where he had a clear advantage like beating a weaker woman or like a coward hiding in the shadows with C2766.

JohnM