Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: "Project Oswald" was madness !!!  (Read 8168 times)

Offline Joe Kulik

"Project Oswald" was madness !!!
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:03:06 AM »
Advertisement
Although I've been interested in JFK research for decades, I only discovered John Armstrong's research into "Harvey and Lee" just a few days ago.  After spending hours at HarveyAndLee.net, I find Armstrong's conclusion that there were two LHO's from an early age to be quite plausible.

However, I don't know which is more insane, that the CIA actually conceived and executed such a bizarre scheme, or that two separate LHO families actually went along with it.

To execute the plan where the life histories of two boys were deliberately confused meant two families moving MANY times across different states, and both Margueite Oswald's almost constantly changing jobs.  In short, both LHO families dedicated their whole lives to make this "Oswald Project" a success.

But why ??

What was the motive of either LHO family to cooperate in a bizarre scheme that took over their whole lives for years ?  Getting paid a lot of money seems like an obvious answer, but neither LHO family seemed very afffluent.  Furthermore, is all the money in the world worth turning your entire life over to a long term CIA scheme ?  Also, even before the assassination, Project Oswald meant two mothers sacrificing their sons' lives to the government.  What mother (even a stepmother) would do that ?

Although Armstrong's research is impeccable, there is much more to Project Oswald than even Armstrong knows.  Around the same time that both LHO's were growing up, the CIA was also conducting the MKULTRA experiments.  Is it possible that both LHO families were coerced to cooperate with the CIA because they were also subject to some kind of mind control techniques ?

JFK Assassination Forum

"Project Oswald" was madness !!!
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:03:06 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: "Project Oswald" was madness !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
Although I've been interested in JFK research for decades, I only discovered John Armstrong's research into "Harvey and Lee" just a few days ago.  After spending hours at HarveyAndLee.net, I find Armstrong's conclusion that there were two LHO's from an early age to be quite plausible.

However, I don't know which is more insane, that the CIA actually conceived and executed such a bizarre scheme, or that two separate LHO families actually went along with it.

To execute the plan where the life histories of two boys were deliberately confused meant two families moving MANY times across different states, and both Margueite Oswald's almost constantly changing jobs.  In short, both LHO families dedicated their whole lives to make this "Oswald Project" a success.

But why ??

What was the motive of either LHO family to cooperate in a bizarre scheme that took over their whole lives for years ?  Getting paid a lot of money seems like an obvious answer, but neither LHO family seemed very afffluent.  Furthermore, is all the money in the world worth turning your entire life over to a long term CIA scheme ?  Also, even before the assassination, Project Oswald meant two mothers sacrificing their sons' lives to the government.  What mother (even a stepmother) would do that ?

Although Armstrong's research is impeccable, there is much more to Project Oswald than even Armstrong knows.  Around the same time that both LHO's were growing up, the CIA was also conducting the MKULTRA experiments.  Is it possible that both LHO families were coerced to cooperate with the CIA because they were also subject to some kind of mind control techniques ?

You've just entered ....   The Twilight Zone......

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »

But why ??

Although you find the H&L theory "plausible" you seem to have a good degree of skepticism which is good. You ask a few questions for which there are no common sense answers and that, of course, is because the theory is total nonsense. A couple points.

One, Armstrong's research is not impeccable" far from it. It was voluminous, but there are innumerable typos, incorrect or non-existent citations and simple mistatements of fact. A quick example that I uncovered during my extensive research of Armstrong's claim that the student Stephen Harris Landesberg and the actor Steve Landesberg were the same person. On page 380 of Harvey and Lee, Armstrong states:

[quote on] Stephen Yves L'Eandes (aka Steve Landesberg), who had recently appeared on New York radio programs to uphold the concept of segregation, was in the audience along with Earl Perry and Lee Oswald, who had a camera.[quote off]

Armstrong's source for the allegation that Oswald was present and taking pictures is a January 18, 1962 article from The Village Voice. Such an early report of Oswald in New York with or without a camera would be powerful confirmation of Armstrong's theories. It is not too surprising therefore, that the article contains no mention of Oswald, Earl Perry or a camera. Now perhaps Armstrong never learned what the purpose and meaning of citations are, but they are susposed to support the statement you are making. If you read the two articles I did on Landesberg, you will see numerous other examples of Armstrong taking liberties with the facts. So, the idea that Armstrong is this amazing researcher who uncovered all of these amazing facts is not true.

The other thing is, you seem to want to add your own ideas to the Armstrong theory. Just don't present these to Hargrove or anyone in the Armstrong camp because you will be quickly expelled from the group as Armstrong does not permit any changes to his doctrine.

You say you have spent hours at the Hargrove site, why not do the same at the following sites:

My own (scroll down to Harvey and Lee):

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/p/p.html

Greg Parker:

http://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/f13-the-harvey-lee-evidence

Jeremy Bojczuk:

http://22november1963.org.uk/john-armstrong-harvey-and-lee-theory

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
 Not only have we entered the Twilight Zone, but its the Steve Landesberg' Twilight Zone Now I am not sure I would describe it as the pit ofmans fears and the summit of his knowledge because Landesberg is not ostensibly frightening or intelligent There is of course, and why wouldn't there be, The two Landesberg theory I can't wait to until we can create something like a read along soundtrack to increase mood generation and suspense for stories like this

Offline Joe Kulik

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 01:51:37 AM »
Dear Tracy:

Thanks for those links.  I didn't read everything that was there, but I read enough to realize that at least the root premise of Armstrong's theory is quite unreal.  How in the world could the CIA or anyone else in the pre-computer days of the late 1940's find a look alike for a little boy in the vastness of America ?   It might be possible to do so after 1990 with the help of the internet, but in the late 1940's it was just impossible.  Moreover, just because two little boys have a similar appearance that is no indication that they will resemble each other as adults. 

However, Armstrong aside, there has long existed tangible evidence in the JFK research of sightings of an LHO double, a look alike. But whatever the explanation for such an LHO twin, Armstrong's theory just doesn't explain it fully.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 01:51:37 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 03:44:27 PM »
 Joe- Just curious why you started your own thread when on this?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 04:40:22 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 04:40:22 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »

There's nothing plausible about this so-called bullxxxx theory. It's just a bunch of mistaken, misunderstood and twisting of the available record to spin another crazy JFK conspiracy for the crazies.  To have made this a real event, a million and one confluence of random events would have had to have happened to make it real. And as the saying goes, life doesn't work that way.

Tracy Parnell, among others, has ripped this crazy theory to shreds.  Read the links he has posted and if you want to go to another one, go here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23677-a-couple-of-real-gems-from-the-harvey-and-lee-website/

Sadly, many of the folks who posted on the above rebutting this theory either no longer are allowed to post on the Education Forum - also known as the Echo Chamber - or have moved on.

Keep in mind, too, that although there are some good JFK conspiracy authors, there are also charlatans.  Although John Armstrong now claims to allow you to get the HL book and CD for free, he used to also charge $60 bucks for his HL opus.  Just like another charlatan, Dave Lifton, who made his millions on his other fake theory Best Evidence, and will probably make another million on his upcoming dishonest book Final Charade. Because, you know, there's always a million suckers out there ready to be duped.