Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Bugliosi's "Conclusion of No Conspiracy" 8 of 32. Oswald’s entreaty to Marina  (Read 132 times)

Online John Mytton

8. Again in the same vein, if you’re the triggerman for the mob, CIA, Castro, or anyone else in the biggest murder case in American history, what’s more likely? That on the night before the murder, you’re at your home, apartment, or “safe house” preparing for the following day, and are either meeting with or at least available to your “handlers” for last-minute instructions or consultation? Or that you’re going to be visiting your wife, who is staying at someone else’s home, and begging her to come back home to you?* Common sense, which Voltaire tells us is not that common, dictates that it’s the former, not the latter.       

It is reasonably clear that when Oswald went to visit his wife and two children the night before Kennedy came to Dallas, it was his intention to get his rifle and assassinate the president the next day—as indicated, what other reason would he have had to go there, for the first time, on a Thursday night? It is equally reasonably clear that this intention of his was not irrevocable but conditional. If Marina was willing to come back to him, a possibility he already knew was faint, he was prepared to forego his plans concerning Kennedy. If Marina, then, had agreed to come back to Oswald on the night before the president came to Dallas, it is almost a certainty the assassination would never have taken place.†       

It is interesting to note that as we saw in the Oswald biography section, Marina herself feels this way. In a narrative written in Russian by Marina at the request of the Warren Commission, and translated by the Commission, she said about the night before the assassination, when her husband virtually begged her to come back to him and she refused to do so, “Of course, if I had known what was going to happen, I would have agreed without further thought. Perhaps, if Lee was planning anything, he staked everything on a card. That is, if I agreed to his proposal to go with him to Dallas, he would not do what he had planned, and, if I did not, then he would.”20       

Oswald’s entreaty to Marina to come back to him on the night before the assassination virtually precludes, all by itself, the existence of a conspiracy.
RHVB

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Jerry Freeman

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  If Marina was willing to come back to him, a possibility he already knew was faint, he was prepared to forego his plans concerning Kennedy. If Marina, then, had agreed to come back to Oswald on the night before the president came to Dallas, it is almost a certainty the assassination would never have taken place. Oswald’s entreaty to Marina to come back to him on the night before the assassination virtually precludes, all by itself, the existence of a conspiracy.

Among the most absurd fables I've ever read.

Offline John Iacoletti

Fallacious Bugliosi Argument #8 - another strawman

Pretend you're a mindreader who knows what Oswald would have done, and then pretend that the story you fabricated (which of course is "common sense") somehow "precludes" the existence of a conspiracy.

JFK Assassination Forum