Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gary Mack and the about face !  (Read 41776 times)

Offline Steve Logan

Re: Gary Mack and the about face !
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »
Advertisement
Royell Storing challenged you to show where he said he saw no back wound.

It was just shown.

I agree that he's just not credible. In fact, I don't think he was in the room during most of the autopsy. He was back at the Gawkers funeral home and only arrived later when he delivered the casket that JFK was to be buried in. How could he miss the back wound? Humes and Boswell said they spent a lot of time trying to determine where the bullet went.

The Kennedy people - Powers, O'Brien - said in the Manchester book that they selected the casket late in the evening, after about 11:00 p.m. After they selected it it was delivered to Bethesda. I think that was when Robinson arrived.

Exactly, some of the nuttier nuts tend to hang their hats on loose nails.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
You asked where Robinson said he saw no back wound. I just cited where he said that.

As to the location where the probe was inserted: Robinson doesn't have a clue. He's completely confused about it. His testimony on it, for me, is worthless.

He says this: "It [apparently where the probe was inserted] was at the base of the head where most of the damage was done, that things that we had to worry about. So it all runs together in my mind."

Here's the relevant sections:
Purdy: Were there any wounds in the neck, the back?
Robinson: Now this is where I'm hazy. I can remember the probe. The probe of all this whole area. It was about an 18 piece of metal that we [we?] used.
Purdy: Do you feel they probed the head or they probed the neck?
Robinson: It was at the base of the head where most of the damage was done, that things that we had to worry about. So it all runs together in my mind.

Later:
Purdy: What is your impression as either how far or in what direction they probed with that probe?
Purdy: Or any discussion about the actual probing to indicate either the direction or the depth?
Robinson: I remember they talked about it. They took notes, made notes.

And this:
Purdy: On this probe, do you remember if the probe went all the way through wherever they probed, do you remember...
Robinson: I don't recall.

I'll offer that he didn't see any of this. He sincerely thinks he saw a probe but he wasn't even there at the time. He was back at Gawker's during most of the autopsy and only saw the last part of if.

I am not quibbling as to your providing Robinson saying there was nothing on JFK's Back at 1 point. You need to remember that this is NOT "Testimony" as you state above. This is an INTERVIEW. Attorneys for the WC also conducted "interviews". This avoided prospective witnesses: (1) Being called to testify, (2) Dropping a Bomb on the official record should the Q/A wander into an unwanted area(s).   When do we get into Robinson seeing Humes using a bone saw on the head of JFK?   

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
        I am not quibbling as to your providing Robinson saying there was nothing on JFK's Back at 1 point. You need to remember that this is NOT "Testimony" as you state above. This is an INTERVIEW. Attorneys for the WC also conducted "interviews". This avoided prospective witnesses: (1) Being called to testify, (2) Dropping a Bomb on the official record should the Q/A wander into an unwanted area(s).   When do we get into Robinson seeing Humes using a bone saw on the head of JFK?

Wow, Ginger would be proud of you Fred. You asked for something (because you're too frigging lazy to find it yourself) Steve gave it to you. Now it has to be "Testimony" or it's useless. You're a riot. There was no trial . There's not going to be any trial. Bill Weld closed the case. Now all you can do is sit back and wait to see what's in all those files that you'll never see .   z z z z z z z z z z z
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:37:34 PM by Steve Logan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »

You are correct. It wasn't "testimony" since, apparently, he wasn't under oath. It was an interview.

I was wrong to label it as such.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
Exactly, some of the nuttier nuts tend to hang their hats on loose nails.

As we've said before, you can't just strip out one interview or account and run with it. You have to weigh all of the other evidence.

William Manchester said that he interviewed Dave Powers, John Hagan and the two Gawler brothers, owners of the funeral home, in 1964 for his book. Powers noted his activities that day (11/22/63) and they show that he and the other WH staff, e.g., Lawrence O'Brien, picked out the casket that JFK was to be buried in from Gawlers at about midnight. Then he, Hagan, Gawler, and, from Power's note, their "young cosmetician" - I believe it was Thomas Robinson - left in the hearse with it headed to Bethesda soon after.

Again, that was around midnight.

So, did Robinson leave the autopsy, return to the funeral home, and then return to Bethesda with the casket? Or was he never there before arriving with the mortician team around midnight? Or was Powers referring to someone else?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:46:14 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »
Well duh, they're your pathetic eyewitnesses, live with it!

And yet it's supposed to somehow prove that they all actually saw a top of the head wound.   :D

Offline Paul May

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 02:57:30 AM »
Gary Mack was my friend for many years. We had dinner in Dallas, spoke often by phone and exchanged emails frequently.  Gary?s position on 11/22/63 was quite simple. He was not a dedicated CT nor a supportive LN. It was always about what could be proven and what could not be proven. This one statement by Gary sums it up:

?There may have been a conspiracy to kill Kennedy but I can?t prove it nor can anybody else?.

The point today, 55 years later is no hard nor credible evidence has ever been produced for conspiracy. Ever. Nor will it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 02:57:30 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2018, 03:25:46 AM »
And yet it's supposed to somehow prove that they all actually saw a top of the head wound.   :D

Let's see, on one side we have the Xrays, the autopsy photos, the Zapruder Film, first day TV interviews, the autopsy doctors and some Parkland Doctors Vs some other Parkland Doctors.

JohnM