Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Gary Mack and the about face !  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Michael Walton

Re: Gary Mack and the about face !
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:24 AM »
Gary Mack went from a conspiracy theorist (and making no money) to a lone nut advocate (and getting a full-time job to boot). How anyone can call that fair-minded is beyond me.

There are many good articles about Mack on DiEugenio's site. There's one that critiqued one of those fake assassination shows on Discovery starring Mack.  With a straight face, shooting and editing of the program told obvious lies. Look it up if you don't believe me.

But here's one of my favorite articles on this subject:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:24 AM »

Offline Mitch Todd

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:34 AM »
Gary Mack went from a conspiracy theorist (and making no money) to a lone nut advocate (and getting a full-time job to boot). How anyone can call that fair-minded is beyond me.

There are many good articles about Mack on DiEugenio's site. There's one that critiqued one of those fake assassination shows on Discovery starring Mack.  With a straight face, shooting and editing of the program told obvious lies. Look it up if you don't believe me.

It says a lot about Jim DiEugenio that, in all of that article, there is only one footnote, and that's to a book he wrote himself.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 05:37:20 AM »

How anyone can call that fair-minded is beyond me.

When I started I was a conspiracy theorist but as time went on and I learnt the evidence I realized that my initial conclusion which was based on incomplete information(conspiracy books) needed a re-evaluation.
For instance one example of my conspiracy belief was the "back and to the left" but after some research I found a bullet lacks the mass to drive anyone more than an inch or two and upon close examination of the Zapruder film @312-313 Kennedy and all the resulting matter is pushed forward. The first eyewitnesses interviewed on TV, the Newmans and Zapruder all describe what we see in the Zapruder film and finally after studying the genuine stereoscopic Autopsy photos the injuries to Kennedy's head reinforce a shot from behind.

JohnM

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
Mack was fair minded, knowledegable, and relied upon the evidence.  My interpretation of his view is that he left open the possibility of a conspiracy (primarily because you can't disprove the negative with 100% certainty) but that there was no credible evidence to support it.

Is your, "fair minded, Knowledgeable, and Relied upon the Evidence" appraisal Before or After his pushing of the Badgeman & his mis ID of Mumford/McKinnon?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:17:54 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Rob Caprio

• You only receive flak when you are over the target
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
...and when Mark Lane died we saw the exact same thing happen from the other side.

Ditto Jim Marrs, Fletcher Prouty and Jim Garrison.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »

Great points. For me it wasn't personal as Gary seemed to be a nice guy. It was about the evidence. The OFFICIAL evidence has never changed and it does NOT support the WC's conclusion in the least so what made him change his point of view so dramatically?

I asked him a number of times and like all people who go from a CT point of view to a LN point of view he couldn't answer. Not once did he say that it was this piece of evidence or that piece of evidence that changed my outlook.

His point of view change was not based on the evidence. That is all.

Online Michael Capasse

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 03:38:35 PM »
Ditto Jim Marrs, Fletcher Prouty and Jim Garrison.

And the only one I had heard of a "million dollar" deal was Vince Bugliosi
...I think he was paid by the word
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:40:06 PM by Michael Capasse »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »

When I started I was a conspiracy theorist but as time went on and I learnt the evidence I realized that my initial conclusion which was based on incomplete information(conspiracy books) needed a re-evaluation.
For instance one example of my conspiracy belief was the "back and to the left" but after some research I found a bullet lacks the mass to drive anyone more than an inch or two and upon close examination of the Zapruder film @312-313 Kennedy and all the resulting matter is pushed forward. The first eyewitnesses interviewed on TV, the Newmans and Zapruder all describe what we see in the Zapruder film and finally after studying the genuine stereoscopic Autopsy photos the injuries to Kennedy's head reinforce a shot from behind.

JohnM

The validity of the stolen autopsy photos currently displayed in the public arena can hardly be described as "Genuine".  "Kinkos" Groden continues cranking them out on a daily basis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

Mack wasn't a lone nut advocate; he believed up to his death that Oswald did shoot JFK but that he had help. In other words, Mack believed in a conspiracy albeit with a small or lower case "c".

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:57:30 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

JohnM

Then cite the evidence that changed your mind. I have asked this of you before and you have never done it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »