Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gary Mack and the about face !  (Read 41257 times)

Offline Mike Orr

Gary Mack and the about face !
« on: June 21, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »
Advertisement
While listening to a very good segment by Dr. Cyril Wecht , Cyril became quite disturbed when the mention of Gary Mack came into the discussion about Oswald being named as the Lone Nut assassin in the JFK case. It was also mentioned the 6th Floor Museum has taken a severe turn on how it captures the Assassination that day. I never was real sure if Gary Mack ever sided with Oswald being the lone killer of JFK , but it seemed that Mack always gave a possible " it could have happened that way " when a scenario would come around for different ways that the President could have been shot , but he seemed to still not buy into the fact that someone other than Oswald could have shot JFK. Dr. Wecht said that Gary Mack " used to be one of us ", but turned out to be a Benedict Arnold. I am a huge fan of Dr. Cyril Wecht and as he explains what he feels happened in Dallas and especially Bethesda , his logic and expertise speaks volumes about the JFK Case.

You Tube--------- Dr. Cyril Wecht-JFK Lancer Conference ( 11-19-2016 ) 1:11:44 in length

JFK Assassination Forum

Gary Mack and the about face !
« on: June 21, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »

Online Richard Smith

Re: Gary Mack and the about face !
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
While listening to a very good segment by Dr. Cyril Wecht , Cyril became quite disturbed when the mention of Gary Mack came into the discussion about Oswald being named as the Lone Nut assassin in the JFK case. It was also mentioned the 6th Floor Museum has taken a severe turn on how it captures the Assassination that day. I never was real sure if Gary Mack ever sided with Oswald being the lone killer of JFK , but it seemed that Mack always gave a possible " it could have happened that way " when a scenario would come around for different ways that the President could have been shot , but he seemed to still not buy into the fact that someone other than Oswald could have shot JFK. Dr. Wecht said that Gary Mack " used to be one of us ", but turned out to be a Benedict Arnold. I am a huge fan of Dr. Cyril Wecht and as he explains what he feels happened in Dallas and especially Bethesda , his logic and expertise speaks volumes about the JFK Case.

You Tube--------- Dr. Cyril Wecht-JFK Lancer Conference ( 11-19-2016 ) 1:11:44 in length

Mack was fair minded, knowledegable, and relied upon the evidence.  My interpretation of his view is that he left open the possibility of a conspiracy (primarily because you can't disprove the negative with 100% certainty) but that there was no credible evidence to support it. 

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »
Mark (and Richard):

I totally agree with your comments, and thank you for your kind remarks about Gary. Gary was a good friend, whom I'd known for many, many years, and a man of absolute integrity. He told you what he thought, and it was up to you as to whether you agreed with him or not. He and I didn't always agree, but when that happened, we could agree to differ and move on, like grown-up, mature adults. The manner in which he was vilified by people - many of whom had never met him, spoken to him, or even corresponded with him - in the the immediate aftermath of his untimely passing was among the most disgusting things I'd ever witnessed, and besmirched much of the so-called "research community" for ever.

RIP Gary.

Well said Chris. And Richard and Mark.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:49:42 PM »
Mark (and Richard):

I totally agree with your comments, and thank you for your kind remarks about Gary. Gary was a good friend, whom I'd known for many, many years, and a man of absolute integrity. He told you what he thought, and it was up to you as to whether you agreed with him or not. He and I didn't always agree, but when that happened, we could agree to differ and move on, like grown-up, mature adults. The manner in which he was vilified by people - many of whom had never met him, spoken to him, or even corresponded with him - in the the immediate aftermath of his untimely passing was among the most disgusting things I'd ever witnessed, and besmirched much of the so-called "research community" for ever.

RIP Gary.

...and when Mark Lane died we saw the exact same thing happen from the other side.

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:24 AM »
Gary Mack went from a conspiracy theorist (and making no money) to a lone nut advocate (and getting a full-time job to boot). How anyone can call that fair-minded is beyond me.

There are many good articles about Mack on DiEugenio's site. There's one that critiqued one of those fake assassination shows on Discovery starring Mack.  With a straight face, shooting and editing of the program told obvious lies. Look it up if you don't believe me.

But here's one of my favorite articles on this subject:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/gary-mack-strikes-again

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:24 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:34 AM »
Gary Mack went from a conspiracy theorist (and making no money) to a lone nut advocate (and getting a full-time job to boot). How anyone can call that fair-minded is beyond me.

There are many good articles about Mack on DiEugenio's site. There's one that critiqued one of those fake assassination shows on Discovery starring Mack.  With a straight face, shooting and editing of the program told obvious lies. Look it up if you don't believe me.

It says a lot about Jim DiEugenio that, in all of that article, there is only one footnote, and that's to a book he wrote himself.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:37:20 AM »

How anyone can call that fair-minded is beyond me.

When I started I was a conspiracy theorist but as time went on and I learnt the evidence I realized that my initial conclusion which was based on incomplete information(conspiracy books) needed a re-evaluation.
For instance one example of my conspiracy belief was the "back and to the left" but after some research I found a bullet lacks the mass to drive anyone more than an inch or two and upon close examination of the Zapruder film @312-313 Kennedy and all the resulting matter is pushed forward. The first eyewitnesses interviewed on TV, the Newmans and Zapruder all describe what we see in the Zapruder film and finally after studying the genuine stereoscopic Autopsy photos the injuries to Kennedy's head reinforce a shot from behind.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:37:20 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
Mack was fair minded, knowledegable, and relied upon the evidence.  My interpretation of his view is that he left open the possibility of a conspiracy (primarily because you can't disprove the negative with 100% certainty) but that there was no credible evidence to support it.

Is your, "fair minded, Knowledgeable, and Relied upon the Evidence" appraisal Before or After his pushing of the Badgeman & his mis ID of Mumford/McKinnon?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:17:54 PM by Royell Storing »