Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Gary Mack and the about face !  (Read 6823 times)

Online John Iacoletti

Re: Gary Mack and the about face !
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The single most powerful thing that got me really interested in the assassination was when I found out that JBC was seated somewhat lower and to the left of Kennedy.

Not nearly as much as Dale Myers pretended.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »
The single most powerful thing that got me really interested in the assassination was when I found out that JBC was seated somewhat lower and to the left of Kennedy.

A huge 'eureka' moment for me.

"Somewhat lower and to the left of Kennedy" takes in a Lot of territory. It is this type of crack detective work that also leads to a bullet entering the Back of JFK at a downward angle and then exiting his throat. Total BS.

Online John Mytton

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 01:41:41 AM »
You obviously didn't read the threads on this very forum when Lane died.

Instead of these continual vague opinionated responses, how about you provide some actual evidence?

JohnM

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 02:21:20 AM »
And the only one I had heard of a "million dollar" deal was Vince Bugliosi
...I think he was paid by the word

Don't forget Posner. He was paid by how many sentences he plagiarized. So he could then have his plastic surgery.

Online John Mytton

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »
Where's your evidence? I want to see what made you convert from a CT position to a LN position.

I'm not sure what you're driving at?
In my post you originally responded to, the evidence I presented of a plethora of scientific facts proved that there was no frontal shooter, besides why put a shooter out the front when your intended patsy was in the opposite direction? Doh!

And who was surrounded by open ground, wtf?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 05:35:09 AM »
Not nearly as much as Dale Myers pretended.

I said nothing about Myers. The victim seating positions seen in multiple images taken along the parade route put the lie to a need for Wecht's 'magic' bullet nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:50:30 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 06:50:03 AM »
You obviously didn't read the threads on this very forum when Lane died.

I did and they were nothing like the disgusting things said about Mack after his passing.  Give it up.

Online Michael Capasse

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »
No, you certainly did not.
yes, we certainly did.

This is from the old forum:
Quote from: Howard Gee  May 18, 2016, 05:26:30 PM    
This was posted on another forum. I don't know who Barry Ryder is, but he didn't think much of Mark Lane.
==================================================

"My sincere condolences go to the friends and family of Mark Lane. However, I will not mourn his passing or pay tribute to him. To do so would be hypocritical. I had a low regard of the man.

His writings, talks and broadcasts about the assassination of President Kennedy have done irreparable harm to the general understanding of the murder.

In the half century since the events of Dallas, Lane earned big money peddling paranoia and half-truth. His writings were all characterised by strategic omissions of evidence and witness testimony. His showboating before the Warren Commission (and later the HSCA) earned him public rebukes from both bodies.

Witnesses who were 'interviewed' by him often slammed him for misrepresenting what they had said (eg. Charles Brehm) or denied ever being interviewed by him at all (eg. Mary Woodward). Lane's disgraceful telephone conversation with Helen Markham showed him to be willing to stoop to any depth to advance his arguments.

Lane had no regard for 'the whole truth'. His books and pronouncements are characterised by wilful withholding of crucial information.

'Rush To Judgment' has no mention of Johnny Brewer or Julia Postal. These two witnesses were the sole reason why the DPD went to the Texas theatre to search for a man who was acting suspiciously. Lane omitted all mention of them so as to create an air of suspicion about the actions of the DPD.

His treatment of Jack Ruby's testimony was disgraceful. Whole swathes of Ruby's statements were ignored and the essential meaning of Ruby's protestations were turned on their head because of it. Ruby denied all foreknowledge of the assassination or of Oswald. Lane's duplicity painted a very different picture.

'Plausible Denial' features the Marita Lorenz deposition which was given for the Hunt v. Liberty Lobby appeal. In his usual fashion however, Lane omitted the parts of the testimony which proved that Lorenz was lying. Lane knew that she was lying but he cut-and-pasted her words to suit his purpose.

Finally, should any reader feel that I'm being unfair to a deceased man who cannot respond to my accusations, it should be noted that I have negatively reviewed the two books previously mentioned (on amazon). Firstly, my accusations were made whilst Lane was alive and as the author of the books in question he would have been advised of the existence of the reviews. Secondly, saying bad things about the deceased is something that never seemed to bother Lane himself.

He had no qualms at all when it came to insinuating the deceased J. D. Tippit into a nefarious 'plot' with Jack Ruby. The whole, shabby 'Carousel meeting' garbage that Lane peddled to the Warren Commission and the reading public was an utter disgrace.

Lane is gone but all of the poison that he injected into the public consciousness still circulates and will doubtless continue to do so.

That's not much of an epitaph." -- Barry Ryder; May 13, 2016

why do you tell lies?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:00:11 PM by Michael Capasse »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 04:06:45 PM »

Only those of us who dealt with Gary Mack personally, would know the type of person he was.

Many of us knew him as a snake in the grass--and not because of his "about face".  We had personal experiences with him long before the Sixth Floor Museum came into existence.  If I may make a suggestion, please read the chapter titled "The Investigations" , available on the CD-Rom in Reclaiming History.  Flip to the title "Acoustics", and please read what actually happened with Gary when the conclusions of the HSCA were challenged (the acoustics tests).  As you know, Gary was the person who received the credit for the Dallas police Dictabelt recording being brought to the attention of the HSCA and that it contained gunshots.  Well, it's all in within the chapter and it's not pretty.  Few--if any of you--know what went on behind the scenes, but you can find out the facts as they happened by reading the chapter in Reclaiming History. 

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 04:26:46 PM »

Only those of us who dealt with Gary Mack personally, would know the type of person he was.

Many of us knew him as a snake in the grass--and not because of his "about face".  We had personal experiences with him long before the Sixth Floor Museum came into existence.  If I may make a suggestion, please read the chapter titled "The Investigations" , available on the CD-Rom in Reclaiming History.  Flip to the title "Acoustics", and please read what actually happened with Gary when the conclusions of the HSCA were challenged (the acoustics tests).  As you know, Gary was the person who received the credit for the Dallas police Dictabelt recording being brought to the attention of the HSCA and that it contained gunshots.  Well, it's all in within the chapter and it's not pretty.  Few--if any of you--know what went on behind the scenes, but you can find out the facts as they happened by reading the chapter in Reclaiming History.

Gary's repeated M.O. of going back stage and getting others to proffer his opinion(s)/carry his water vs directly engaging in discussion on this forum is Not indicative of someone with heart felt convictions of merit. To Gary's credit he was very good at responding to questions and supplying detailed assassination related information when asked. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 04:26:46 PM »