Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Mystery of the Roll Call  (Read 6394 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: The Mystery of the Roll Call
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »
Advertisement
I recall Frazier confirming there was a roll call.  I think as part of an interview with Gary Mack.  Whether it happened or not, Oswald was missing.  No one disputes that.  That is the important point.  It doesn't seem particularly sinister that Truly noticed him missing.  Truly knew due to his encounter in the lunch room that Oswald was one of the few employees in the building during the assassination.  He noticed that Oswald was one of the few employees missing after the assassination.  It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to conclude that it was worth reporting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
Just putting it out there what I found in the reports. It looks like Fritz asked Senkel to gather those on the 6th floor. Seems logical. Explains why Dougherty was included. As I said maybe this was the genesis of the "roll call" maybe not. Maybe the details of those employees inside were taken in a separate action and then a separate specific round up occurred. point is that Senkel had to have been told by someone who was on the 6th floor or ask for those present to come forward.

The interesting thing is that we know Frazier was on the 6th floor that morning and yet was not included with those to go to City Hall. It seems he left the building around this time. Did he leave before the round up and if not how did he avoid going to City Hall?

I believe these are valid questions.

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 04:04:02 PM »
Eddie Piper gave the following account about some sort of, what he called, "lineup":

From his WC testimony:
Mr. BALL. Did you at anytime after the shooting miss Lee Oswald---did you notice he wasn't around?
Mr. PIPER. No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.
Mr. BALL. You did notice it at the lineup, did you?
Mr. PIPER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Tell us about that.
Mr. PIPER. I did notice it in the lineup.
Mr. BALL. What do you mean by the lineup?
Mr. PIPER. I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.
Mr. BALL. You say "they"; who do you mean?
Mr. PIPER. The detective---whoever it was.
Mr. BALL. The police?
Mr. PIPER. Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up and then go home, and I told him, I says, "I've got to go down in the basement and get my clothes," and he said, "You can go down and get your clothes and come on back up here, but give me your identification and your name and tell us where you are staying," and everybody heard me say that, I guess, and he let us out of the building, one by one, and I went on out the front door.

He doesn't explain who the "all" were. The manual workers? All workers?

Bugliosi's account has DPD detectives getting a list of names and addresses of the employees in the building from the personnel department. Apparently they, the detectives, then went and interviewed each employee in the building and checked them against their list. If Piper's account is true they had some sort of list they used.

Whether one wants to call that a "roll call" or not is another question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 04:04:02 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
Eddie Piper gave the following account about some sort of, what he called, "lineup":

From his WC testimony:
Mr. BALL. Did you at anytime after the shooting miss Lee Oswald---did you notice he wasn't around?
Mr. PIPER. No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.
Mr. BALL. You did notice it at the lineup, did you?
Mr. PIPER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Tell us about that.
Mr. PIPER. I did notice it in the lineup.
Mr. BALL. What do you mean by the lineup?
Mr. PIPER. I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.
Mr. BALL. You say "they"; who do you mean?
Mr. PIPER. The detective---whoever it was.
Mr. BALL. The police?
Mr. PIPER. Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up and then go home, and I told him, I says, "I've got to go down in the basement and get my clothes," and he said, "You can go down and get your clothes and come on back up here, but give me your identification and your name and tell us where you are staying," and everybody heard me say that, I guess, and he let us out of the building, one by one, and I went on out the front door.

He doesn't explain who the "all" were. The manual workers? All workers?

Bugliosi's account has DPD detectives getting a list of names and addresses of the employees in the building from the personnel department. Apparently they, the detectives, then went and interviewed each employee in the building and checked them against their list. If Piper's account is true they had some sort of list they used.

Whether one wants to call that a "roll call" or not is another question.

I don?t disagree Steve. But Stenkel's report makes it clear that Fritz specifically wanted those on the 6th floor that day rounded up and taken to HQ for questioning. It appears likely that all those inside had their names etc taken before being allowed to leave as per Piper's recollection. It seems that this was a separate action. I seem to remember Frazier recalling something similar. Point is, he was on the 6th floor and managed is some way not to be taken to HQ. Did he not identify himself? Was he not noticed by Shelley or the others on the 6th floor. Or had he left before it happened?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 10:39:01 AM »
Another candidate that was on the 6th floor that morning that was not taken to City Hall.

Mr. BALL. Did you ever go to the sixth floor that day, that morning?
Mr. NORMAN. I can't---yes, I went up that morning during the time I think they were laying the floor up there when I went up there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 10:39:01 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 04:09:53 AM »
After the president was shot, around 12:30 p.m., police instructed managers at the school book depository to gather the employees for a roll call. Oswald was the only one missing.
This was a Dallas News opinion article written 50 years later. No one was interviewed and said that.
I recall Frazier confirming there was a roll call.  I think as part of an interview with Gary Mack.  Whether it happened or not, Oswald was missing.  No one disputes that.   
How would anyone have known that he was  missing and the only person who was..if there wasn't a gathering of all the employees from all the offices of all the companies that occupied the building?
Are you sure you don't have a point to make regarding 'the mysterious roll call' ?
Gee we guess so. There was no roll call.
 Another 'Roll Call' thread grew here... https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?topic=625.20
Notice the absurd made up conclusions from the WR defenders ::)

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 04:22:30 AM »
This was a Dallas News opinion article written 50 years later. No one was interviewed and said that.How would anyone have known that he was  missing and the only person who was..if there wasn't a gathering of all the employees from all the offices of all the companies that occupied the building? Gee we guess so. There was no roll call.
 Another 'Roll Call' thread grew here... https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?topic=625.20
Notice the absurd made up conclusions from the WR defenders ::)

Even though Karen Westbrook mis-identified self-described American Indian Stella Mae Jacob, and her two colleagues Gloria Holt and Sharon Simmons in the Z-film as "... uh ... probably Carol Reed, Gloria Calvert (sic), and me, Karen Westbrook!", she said in her same 2017 Sixth Floor Museum interview that shortly after she ran back into the TSBD there was a roll call, so since it was not a from-behind Z-film-based recollection, she was probably right about that.

Maybe.

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 05:04:46 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 04:22:30 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 05:12:12 AM »

Even though Karen Westbrook mis-identified self-described American Indian Stella Mae Jacob, and her two colleagues Gloria Holt and Sharon Simmons in the Z-film as "... uh ... probably Carol Reed, Gloria Calvert (sic), and me, Karen Westbrook!", she said in her same 2017 Sixth Floor Museum interview that shortly after she ran back into the TSBD, there was a roll call, so since that was not a Z-film-based recollection, she was probably right about that. Maybe.
I am not familiar with these other witnesses.
They worked for Roy Truly? Did they submit testimony concerning a roll call? Truly is the source of a missing Oswald. He did not  mention a roll call nor was he asked about one in his deposition before the WC. This roll call stuff apparently [out of the blue]  became part of the official narrative and was accepted with everything else as gospel.
Mr. BALL. Now, what did you tell Chief Lumpkin when you came down from the roof of the building?
Mr. TRULY. When I noticed this boy was missing, I told Chief Lumpkin that "We have a man here that's missing." I said, "It may not mean anything, but he isn't here." I first called down to the other warehouse and had Mr. Akin pull the application of the boy so I could get--quickly get his address in Irving and his general description, so I could be more accurate than I would be.
Mr. BALL. Was he the only man missing?
Mr. TRULY. The only one I noticed at that time.
Mentioned in another post... Truly had just seen Oswald in the lunchroom and then went upstairs so why would it seemingly dawn on him that all of a sudden Lee had vanished to parts unknown? Did he look for him again? Doesn't say. Did he have someone else search for him? Didn't say. He was compelled though.. to go and report him to the police..so he said.
Obviously, something else was going on. After 5 or 6 months of preparation that is all he said and that is officially all we have.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/truly1.htm
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/truly2.htm