Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bugliosi's "Conclusion of No Conspiracy"  (Read 50350 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Bugliosi's "Conclusion of No Conspiracy"
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2018, 09:21:44 PM »
Advertisement
Fallacious Bugliosi Argument #4 -- strawman.  What "alleged massive conspiracy"?  And there he goes with the "credible" nonsense again.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2018, 09:21:44 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2018, 09:28:13 PM »
 There were certain type of conspiracy theorists who served a purpose Pretty sure LBJ was at least quoted that he believed a larger conspiracy may have existed. This of course was not an especially veiled reference of a Soviet/Cuban conspiracy Yet it served as a most excellent rhetorical function since you could imply a Soviet conspiracy without ever providing the slightest bit of evidence

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »
By now it has to be more than obvious to the reader of Reclaiming History that Bugliosi is a lawyer, not a scientist.  He doesn't understand or follow the scientific method.  He doesn't understand or follow basic logic either.  He calls rhetoric and conjecture "evidence", he calls his unsupported opinions "common sense", and he hypocritically pretends that his religious belief that Oswald killed Kennedy is somehow different from somebody else's religious belief in a conspiracy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »
Bugliosi Fallacious Argument #5 - "vast conspiracy" strawman again.

Here we see Bugliosi doing what he does best:  reiterating the same argument he already made, giving it a different number, and pretending like it's something new.  That's how you end up with a 1600 page book in desperate need of an editor.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2018, 10:09:38 PM »
2. Not only is there no credible evidence that organized crime, the CIA, Castro, LBJ, and so on, conspired with Oswald to murder the president, but such a plan would be incredibly reckless, irrational, and dangerous for any of these persons or groups to even entertain, and hence, unlikely and far-fetched
RHVB

Fallacious Bugliosi Argument #2 - non-sequitur

Not only does he invoke the "credible" nonsense once again, but he thinks it somehow follows that something is unlikely simply because he considers it to be dangerous.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2018, 10:09:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2018, 12:03:59 AM »
Fallacious Bugliosi Argument #6.

Speaking of silly arguments: 

"I don't think a conspiracy would have been done that way, therefore there was no conspiracy".

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2018, 12:46:34 AM »
Fallacious Bugliosi Argument #7 - yet another non-sequitur.

"I don't believe someone involved in a murder plot would ever do anything I consider 'mundane', therefore there was no conspiracy.  But on the other hand a lone-nut murderer would definitely do mundane things like watch television the night before and take in a movie afterwards."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2018, 12:46:34 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2018, 12:50:22 AM »
Tony, I don't understand your point. You eat, sleep and breathe this topic and I barely have a passing interest it (no disrespect intended) so I'll need to have it explained differently.

Well maybe before you start throwing around the word "kook", you should actually learn the evidence.  Like how the tape dispensers worked.