Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bugliosi's "Conclusion of No Conspiracy"  (Read 50385 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Bugliosi's "Conclusion of No Conspiracy"
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2018, 04:44:10 AM »
Advertisement
Wow. You posted two on the same day. You had such a problem with me doing this. What's the difference?

Stop lying, you were posting dozens of threads at a time, as the following statistic shows in graphic detail.

Btw why are you so afraid of Bugliosi?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2018, 04:44:10 AM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
Where is the supporting evidence for the claim that LHO did it? I have tried to help you LNers, but you folks gave up after three issues.

Why do LNers accept one theory with NO supporting evidence, but not others that mention a conspiracy? Does this make any sense?

I would urge you to read the HSCA report along with the Warren Report.  They are both online I'm sure.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »
ABC Interview with G Robert Blakey....[The Mob did it]
The Mob?s Motive

ABCNEWS: In your book you point the finger squarely at Carlos Marcello and his organization. Why would he want to kill Kennedy?

Blakey: Carlos Marcello was being subject to the most vigorous investigation he had ever experienced in his life, designed to put him in jail. He was in fact summarily, without due process, deported to Guatemala. He took the deportation personally. He hated the Kennedys. He had the motive, the opportunity and the means in Lee Harvey Oswald to kill him. I think he did through Oswald.

When I say this was a mob hit, I don't mean the national syndicate. We had, from the FBI ? we being the House Select Committee On Assassinations ? we got all that illegal electronic surveillance, and we studied it for a period before the assassination and the period after the assassination. We concluded that it was so good that it precluded the possibility that the National Commission was involved, but there was no electronic surveillance in New Orleans.
Oswald Assassination a Mob Hit or Kill the Killer

ABCNEWS: How central is Jack Ruby's murder of Oswald to your understanding of this case?

Blakey: To understand who killed President Kennedy and did he have help, I think you have to understand what happened to the assassin of President Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald. I see Jack Ruby's assassination of Lee Harvey Oswald as a mob hit.

This is in direct contradiction to the Warren Commission. The Warren Commission portrayed, wrongly I think, Jack Ruby as a wild card who serendipitously got into position to kill Oswald. I think in fact he stalked him. I can show you from the Warren Commission's evidence that he tried to get into where he was being interrogated, number one. That he tried to get in where there was going to be a lineup, number two. That he was seen around the garage, where he was announced that he was going to be moved. And we know, from Jack Ruby himself, that he had a gun with him at the time of the lineup.

I believe that Ruby was able to get in to kill Oswald through the corrupt cooperation of the Dallas P.D., that he was let in through a back door and he was given an opportunity to kill Oswald. I see that, therefore, as a mob hit. And if that's a mob hit, there is only one reason for it, and that is to cover up the assassination of the president himself. You kill the killer. That's a standard operating procedure for, for mob hits, unless the hit is by somebody who's already in the family. If you use an outsider you kill him.
 Connecting Oswald to the Mob

ABCNEWS: Since you believe that Lee Oswald shot the president, and you also believe that Carlos Marcello was behind the assassination, what connections do you point to between Oswald and Marcello?

Blakey: I can show you that Lee Harvey Oswald knew, from his boyhood forward, David Ferrie, and David Ferrie was an investigator for Carlos Marcello on the day of the assassination, with him in a court room in New Orleans. I can show you that Lee Harvey Oswald, when he grew up in New Orleans, lived with the Dutz Murret family [one of Oswald's uncles]. Dutz Murret is a bookmaker for Carlos Marcello.

I can show you that there's a bar in New Orleans, and back in the '60s, bars used to have strippers and the strippers circuit is from Jack Ruby's strip joint in Dallas to Marcello-connected strip joints in the New Orleans area. So I can bring this connection.

Did Lee Harvey Oswald grow up in a criminal neighborhood? Yes. Did he have a mob-connected family? Did he have mob-connected friends? Was he known to them to be a crazy guy? He's out publicly distributing Fair Play for Cuba leaflets. If you wanted to enlist him in a conspiracy that would initially appear to be communist and not appear to be organized crime, he's the perfect candidate. Ex-Marine, marksman, probably prepared to kill the president for political reasons.

Could he be induced to kill the president for organized crime reasons unbeknownst to him? I think the answer is yes and compelling.
 Connecting Ruby to the Mob

ABCNEWS: You're convinced Ruby was connected to organized crime in Chicago?

Blakey: He used to be a runner for Al Capone. He was a gopher. He was violently connected with a mob-dominated union. He was connected to Zooky the Bookie. The mob took out Zooky the Bookie because they wanted to take over his business, and they told Ruby to leave town and Ruby left. This is the story of Jack Ruby in Chicago.

This guy is not somebody totally unrelated to organized crime. He gets into Dallas. I know that he has financial problems. And who is he on the phone with? He's on the phone with major figures of organized crime. I know that he meets with an organized crime figure the night before the assassination, and I know the same guy visited him in jail. Sure, he's a blabbermouth.

But what would you do if the mob came into you and said, "Jack, we want you to hit Oswald, and when you do, you're solid with us." What goes through Jack Ruby's mind? "I'm dead. I either do this or I'm dead."
 ABCNEWS: How certain are you about your theory?

Blakey: What I'm saying to you is, this is not something I'd take to court. I'm talking about a judgment of history. I'm not talking about admissible evidence under a court standard. I'm talking about a jigsaw puzzle and you put little pieces in. Do I have the last piece, certainty, proof beyond a reasonable doubt? No. Could reasonable people disagree with me? Yes. What they have to do though, is deal with not strands of the evidence, but the evidence as a whole. For example, I'm more confident that the mob was involved in the assassination in of Lee Harvey Oswald and therefore, of what happened in the plaza, then I am of any connection between the mob and Lee Harvey Oswald.

The strongest part of my case is the [mob] connections to Ruby and the Ruby assassination of Lee Harvey Oswald. Why would the mob want to take out Lee Harvey Oswald, except he knows something about them that they would engage in a high risk venture to kill him.

To ask that question is to answer it. There's only one answer to that. They had a hand in the assassination.

G. Robert Blakey is the William and Dorothy O'Neill Professor of Law at The University of Notre Dame. He served as Chief Counsel and Staff Director for the House Select Committee on Assassinations from 1977 through 1979. He is the author of The Plot to Kill The President (1981), which was reissued in paperback in 1993 as Fatal Hour: The Assassination of President Kennedy by Organized Crime. An expert on organized crime, he drafted the legislation in 1970 that created the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act (RICO).

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131462&page=1

If the organized crime guys dispatched Oswald to kill President Kennedy...why would he be supplied with a piece of crap rifle?
An M14 would have been a better snipers choice in 1963.
Bugliosi didn't 'investigate' anything [just like the FBI didn't investigate anything]
How many other assassinations did Oswald do?---- Oswald the professional killer?  Right

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2018, 09:41:04 PM »
ABC Interview with G Robert Blakey....[The Mob did it]
https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131462&page=1

I believe that Ruby was able to get in to kill Oswald through the corrupt cooperation of the Dallas P.D., that he was let in through a back door and he was given an opportunity to kill Oswald. I see that, therefore, as a mob hit. And if that's a mob hit, there is only one reason for it, and that is to cover up the assassination of the president himself. You kill the killer. That's a standard operating procedure for, for mob hits, unless the hit is by somebody who's already in the family. If you use an outsider you kill him.

G Robert Blakey 'investigated'

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »

6. If Oswald conspired with anyone, they waited quite awhile to bring him aboard. The conspiracy couldn?t have been hatched before October 1, 1963, when we know Oswald was still in Mexico City desperately trying to get to Cuba. If he had succeeded in getting to Cuba, who believes he would have ended up killing Kennedy? No one I?ve ever heard of. And how believable is it that a plot to kill the president of the United States, the most powerful man on earth, would be born after October 1, just seven weeks before Kennedy?s death? To believe something like that is to be addicted to silliness. The absurdity of the notion that Oswald conspired with others to kill Kennedy can be spotlighted by the fact that on the very day, September 26, 1963, that it was announced in both Dallas newspapers that Kennedy was going to come to Texas on November 21 and 22 and that Dallas would likely be one of the cities he would visit,11 Oswald was on a bus traveling to Mexico City determined to get to Cuba.       

Indeed, since Kennedy?s motorcade route past the Book Depository Building wasn?t selected until November 18,12 and announced in a paper for the first time on the morning of November 19 in the Dallas Morning News,13 we not only thereby know that Oswald getting a job at the Book Depository Building on October 15 was unrelated to President Kennedy?s trip to Dallas and the assassination, but it would seem that any conspiracy involving Oswald as the hit man would have had to be hatched no earlier than November 19, just three days before Kennedy?s death (i.e., unless the argument is made?which I have yet to hear even the daffy conspiracy buffs make?that wherever Kennedy went when he came to Dallas, it was Oswald?s job to track him down and kill him). Surely no person with an ounce of sense could possibly believe that the CIA, mob, and so on, recruited Oswald to kill Kennedy just three days before the assassination.
RHVB

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2018, 05:54:22 PM »
This is a solid argument against Oswald being part of a conspiracy (we can add Oswald going to the FBI about 10 days before the assassination and leaving a provocative note: that's drawing attention to himself); but it's also, albeit to a lesser degree, an argument against Oswald as the assassin.

That is, if he was so angry at the president - as presidential assassins were - that he was willing to throw away his life in killing him then why was he trying to leave the country just two months before the assassination? There's no evidence that he was stalking JFK, following his travels in hopes of somehow shooting him. JFK went to Miami about a week before Dallas. There's no evidence that Oswald wanted to go to Miami and try to shoot him.

And there's little evidence that he harbored hatred towards JFK the man. Yes, we have Volkmar Schmidt's single account where he said Oswald expressed hatred towards JFK because of the president's Cuba policies. But we have Marina saying he liked JFK and De Mohrenschildt saying he admired Kennedy. And there are no writings or public statements from him condemning JFK the man. Recall the debate Oswald had in New Orleans? Castro was quoted calling JFK a (if I recall the right word) "criminal" but Oswald replied that he disagreed with that characterization of Kennedy.

We have, in my opinion, lots of physical and circumstantial evidence to show that Oswald shot JFK. But we have very very little about any motive. It's in this area where the conspiracists can play their ace cards.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:43:07 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »
Of course there's lots of evidence pointing to Oswald because he was the designated patsy and he knew it. James Angleton created the fake defector program and Oswald was a singleton agent disenfranchised from the agency so he could go undercover. But he was actually a member of Angleton's patsy pool who could be used at the CIA's discretion to do just about anything. And every good coup needs a designated patsy.

They could have even told Oswald he was the designated patsy and reassured him he would be granted safe passage to either Cuba, Russia, or Mexico. He might have been trying to get a visa in Mexico so he wouldn't get hung up at the border during his escape. Or maybe he was trying to bail out of the coup, who knows? Either way, he was the designated patsy long before October 1st and he knew all he had to do was play his part in the conspiracy, which did not include firing the rifle, otherwise, the lack of his prints is inexplicable.

Like Thomas Arthur Vallee was the Plan A patsy for Chicago, Oswald was Plan B for Dallas. Vallee got planted in a condo overlooking the motorcade route, Oswald in the TSBD. How can anyone possibly think that was a coincidence?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 11:19:46 PM »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 12:36:07 AM »
This is a solid argument against Oswald being part of a conspiracy (we can add Oswald going to the FBI about 10 days before the assassination and leaving a provocative note: that's drawing attention to himself); but it's also, albeit to a lesser degree, an argument against Oswald as the assassin.

That is, if he was so angry at the president - as presidential assassins were - that he was willing to throw away his life in killing him then why was he trying to leave the country just two months before the assassination? There's no evidence that he was stalking JFK, following his travels in hopes of somehow shooting him. JFK went to Miami about a week before Dallas. There's no evidence that Oswald wanted to go to Miami and try to shoot him.

And there's little evidence that he harbored hatred towards JFK the man. Yes, we have Volkmar Schmidt's single account where he said Oswald expressed hatred towards JFK because of the president's Cuba policies. But we have Marina saying he liked JFK and De Mohrenschildt saying he admired Kennedy. And there are no writings or public statements from him condemning JFK the man. Recall the debate Oswald had in New Orleans? Castro was quoted calling JFK a (if I recall the right word) "criminal" but Oswald replied that he disagreed with that characterization of Kennedy.

We have, in my opinion, lots of physical and circumstantial evidence to show that Oswald shot JFK. But we have very very little about any motive. It's in this area where the conspiracists can play their ace cards.

You summed it all up very nicely here Steve, Oswald was not part of the conspiracy, as he would never take part in such an act against, the very people he had trained to protect, ie the POTUS, and remember  this boy had a good heart.
He was unknowingly used by,  those conspirators who had the most hatred towards J.F.K, the right wing KKK protestant Anglo saxons, and according to Milteer a local guy such as Oswald would be picked up to throw the public off, this also prevented them unamerican John Birchers Xmilitary and serving from having to sacrifice one of their own, it worked out perfect to blame a communist sympathiser, it gave the momentum to allow Vietnam to burn even hotter, as it placed the theory in the minds of the new G.I U.S troops that they were somehow avenging their leaders death.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:49:26 AM by Michael O'Brian »