Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shifty-Eyed Fritz and the Murder of Oswald  (Read 8121 times)

Offline Michael Walton

Re: Shifty-Eyed Fritz and the Murder of Oswald
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 12:26:25 AM »
Advertisement
I posted this in the "Ramp' thread-
A look from a different camera. He looked like a nonchalant zombie .......

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,737.msg17991.html#msg17991

OMG amazing video. Glad you put that here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 12:26:25 AM »

Offline Frederick Clements

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 03:20:06 PM »
Even if Captain Fritz was not involved in the Murder of Oswald, his carelessness was inexcusable. He should not have walked ahead so quickly thereby exposing Oswald from the front.That gave Ruby an opening to shoot. I am undecided regarding whether Fritz was involved or not.  Still his carelessness helped and deserves at least part of the blame for Oswald's death.

Fred

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 01:36:37 AM »
Fritz was a little bit on the beady eyed and shifty eyed. Like a lot of things that weekend, things could have been and should have been but weren't.

So I ask - did Will Fritz know it was going to happen? Does his shifty-eyed look indicate he knew Ruby was going to move in and do the deed? Is it obvious he knew it was going to happen and broke the ring of protection, then ever-so-slowly turns around to look *after* the shot was fired.  Kind of like an over casual "What...me worry" look while the young fella was scared spombleprofglidnoctobunsless by the same shot?

Or is it all just one big happenstance?

A while ago I came acroos a colour photo, taken before Oswald was led out, of the building into the car park, and it showed a whole bunch of people, gather around the prisoner in a circle with Fritz in the foreground whispering in some other mans ear, I am kicking myself for not saving the image. I think it was on as link which Steve Logan sent to me in a PM before the site crashed? maybe he might remember and resend so we can relocate it?? come in Logan where art thou Logan
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:49:00 AM by Michael O'Brian »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 01:36:37 AM »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 01:38:53 AM »
So I ask - did Will Fritz know it was going to happen?

I'd say the odds are pretty short that he did.

Whether he did or not it still makes me wonder why the sacrifice of major player Ruby for the job.

I mean as I understand it he is very much not a Kennedy or even staunch patriot man. 8) ;)

He was a Jew and the KKK W.A.S.P's did not want to sacrifice any of their own anglo saxons, so he was perfect, to have a Jew silence the communist for allegedly killing the Catholic, why that's 3 birds with 1 stone
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:41:08 AM by Michael O'Brian »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »
Fritz's low key reaction, making sure the young man stayed back from the car rather than react to the sound of shots, just looks too spooky and he was one scary SOB in those hallway tapes. I say yes, he showed everyone who was in charge of this case, in his town and marched Lee to a prearranged hit.
Surely this wasn't the first to die in custody during Fritz's reign and how many has he killed/seriously injured legally during his working life?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 10:49:59 PM »
Fritz's low key reaction, making sure the young man stayed back from the car rather than react to the sound of shots, just looks too spooky and he was one scary SOB in those hallway tapes. I say yes, he showed everyone who was in charge of this case, in his town and marched Lee to a prearranged hit.
Surely this wasn't the first to die in custody during Fritz's reign and how many has he killed/seriously injured legally during his working life?
I agree Barry it looks like he might even have helped fill poor oul Bonny&Clyde full of lead, this guy did not believe in taking prisoners.
Fritz headed homicide team at DPD. He joined DPD in 1921 and reportedly had been part of the squad that hunted Bonnie and Clyde. Carlton Stowers, an author and former Dallas Observer staffer, described Fritz in his book Partners in Blue as someone who organized a seemingly well-run department and didn't appreciate interference from the brass. His competency seems demonstrated by a 10-year span with a reported 98 percent clearance rate of the murders in Dallas. The rate of today's department hovers at around 50 percent.

The Texas State Historical Association's biography of Fritz seems to span dime-store novel genres. His first career centered on horse and mule trading in West Texas and New Mexico until he stumbled into law enforcement in Dallas. He does not appear to be much of a career opportunist.

"Though he was made inspector of detectives in 1935, he voluntarily returned to being a captain in 1944," TSHA notes. "In 1947 he received the special title of senior captain, and later he reportedly refused the opportunity to become police chief."

This doesn't fit the profile of an attention-seeking cop. But in the days after Kennedy was killed, Hoover was furious at Fritz for speaking to the media

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:13:18 PM »
 I realize I have a heavy bias, but the action of these individuals in this film just seems unnatural, staged, whatever I thought I remembered an earlier thread where there was some indication that they rehearsed this thing a couple of times

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:13:18 PM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 11:23:32 PM »
I realize I have a heavy bias, but the action of these individuals in this film just seems unnatural, staged, whatever I thought I remembered an earlier thread where there was some indication that they rehearsed this thing a couple of times

If you ever find that 'indication' post it here. I would be flabbergasted if there was a rehearsal. Discussions took place so that there was some sort of plan to walk Oswald straight to the transportation but nothing like an action rehearsal.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:25:58 PM by Steve Howsley »