Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness  (Read 23410 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 05:13:55 AM »
Advertisement
In other words, when you said "For them, shots from the GK would come from the same direction as the TSBD", you didn't really actually mean "same direction".

Nope. Same direction. Human beings aren't terribly good protractors. I asked you a question earlier in the thread. It mysteriously vanished from your reply, and you didn't answer it. This is it:

"Now, given the real world conditions of Dealey Plaza on Nov 11, 1963, how accurate do you think the TP witnesses audio localization capabilities were at the time, in terms of degrees?"

You wanna take a stab at it? Or are you going to push it down the memory hole again?

All things considered, I think they might have been able to distinguish on the level of NW vs NNW, but no better. that's 22.5 degrees. I protractored the image that you kindly hoisted up on your own petard, and the difference in the big red line you drew between the TP and the TSBD and one from the TP to the fence corner is 3 degrees. +/-11 degrees  (ie, a 22 degree arc) from your red line comfortably contains every alleged GK assassin location that I'm aware of. If you can do better,  let's see it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 05:13:55 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »
You wanna take a stab at it? Or are you going to push it down the memory hole again?

Your question is moot.  Something is either the same direction or it is not.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
Your question is moot.  Something is either the same direction or it is not.

You're simply being obtuse. Deliberately so, I think. Direction is a measurement, and any measurement has some level of precision to it. I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to already know that. The question I asked is about that: how precise are human beings with direction?
This question can be easily answered by noting that "human-measurable" scales regarding direction don't get any more precise than a 16 point compass rose. So direction in this case, is only accurate to within +/- 11 degrees. And that definitely puts any of the posited GK positions in the same direction as the TSBD, at least as far as the TP witnesses are concerned.

It's not that hard to understand, unless you simply refuse to. And you seem to be trying pretty hard to not understand.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »
This question can be easily answered by noting that "human-measurable" scales regarding direction don't get any more precise than a 16 point compass rose. So direction in this case, is only accurate to within +/- 11 degrees.

You made that claim -- you didn't actually substantiate it.  But that's irrelevant anyway.  If something's not the same, then it's not the same.  Stop pretending that "close to some arbitrary measure of closeness" equals "the same".

If you had just said 3 degrees off or whatever, then we wouldn't be having this argument.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »
If you had just said 3 degrees off or whatever, then we wouldn't be having this argument.

Further proof that your sole purpose here is to argue; nothing more.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2018, 12:06:25 AM »
Further proof that your sole purpose here is to argue; nothing more.

Says the guy who spent weeks arguing over the difference between "Brennan saw the man with a gun" and Brennan saw a man with a gun".

Same direction does not mean 11 degrees off.  Especially when that figure is just pulled out of nowhere.  Same direction means same direction.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »
Says the guy who spent weeks arguing over the difference between "Brennan saw the man with a gun" and Brennan saw a man with a gun".

And you believe you had no part in that argument?

You play devil's advocate, nothing more.  It serves a purpose some of the time but it's worthless most of the time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »
And you believe you had no part in that argument?

You play devil's advocate, nothing more.  It serves a purpose some of the time but it's worthless most of the time.

More worthless rhetoric to try to distract from the fact that you have a lousy case.