Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness  (Read 22993 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »
Advertisement
         The railroad employees standing atop the Triple Underpass held unique physical positions as they viewed the assassination of JFK: (1) They held a High Ground viewing position, (2) Anything traveling down Elm St was heading almost Directly toward them, (JFK Limo, DPD Motorcycle Cops, JFK Motorcade, etc), and (3) They were the very 1st people to enter the parking lot behind the picket fence immediately after the JFK Limo passed underneath the Triple Underpass. These guys had the optimum viewing position Before, During, and Immediately following the shots being fired. Based on their viewing position and the Fact they corroborate what each of them saw, their Eyewitness accounts of the JFK Assassination can Not be Understated.     

The complicating factor being that, from the TP witness' perspective on the overpass, the SE corner of the TSBD is almost directly in line with the corner of the picket fence, where GK theorists like to put a shooter. For them, shots from the GK would come from the same direction as the TSBD, and vice versa.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 11:45:59 PM »
...where GK theorists like to put a shooter. For them, shots from the GK would come from the same direction as the TSBD, and vice versa.
Still asserting that the 3 OP witnesses' hearing and vision were not functioning properly?
OK..whatever...like you would know this.
The Committee further concluded that it was probable that:

four shots were fired
    the ..fourth shot came from a second assassin located on the grassy knoll, but missed. The HSCA concluded the existence and location of this alleged fourth shot based on the later discredited Dallas Police Department Dictabelt recording analysis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 12:07:45 AM »
Still asserting that the 3 OP witnesses' hearing and vision were not functioning properly?

OK..whatever...like you would know this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations

You didn't read what I wrote. Let me quote the essential part: "For [the guys on the overpass], shots from the GK would come from the same direction as the TSBD, and vice versa." Think about it.

And, the HSCA's conclusion of the a shot from the GK is based on the Weiss/Aschkenasi study. Steve Barber's discovery of the Decker crosstalk invalidates the WA conclusion in two ways. First, the Decker transmission happened at least a minute after the assassination, and was a reaction to it. Second, the crosstalk kills a fundamental assumption underlying the WA calculation of the probability that the Ch 1 impulses were shots, and kills the rest of the WA study as well.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 12:07:45 AM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 02:51:32 AM »

Is there some significance if he rode up the knoll or not? Is the proof he did not the Z film? What was blocking Bowers view Your idea that Bowers? lied about what he saw was because he talked to the others crosses the line of speculative entitlement imo

I never said Bowers lied Matt, didn't even suggest it, it's not what I think at all. Witnesses swapping stories with others before giving statements is a very bad thing for us, for factfinding.

No Bowers could not see anyone ride up the knoll on a bike from that tower, I know because I've seen pictures taken from inside it, haven't you? His view is blocked by the fence on it's own even without the foilage, he couldn't even see Hargis with his little run to the grass and back, that view of the entire section of street was blocked by the pergola. The first time he saw the parade was before the shooting even started for two brief seconds, the next as it approached Stemmons, I know this because I've studied the images of the view from inisde the tower.

It wouldn't be in the Zfilm, it came later, Haygood comes in around the 30s mark, approaches the curb directly in the Atkins film soon after and around 10s later still, Couch shows the same cop on his feet a little further down the curb holding his bike up, cop then runs up the knoll on foot,
Did another cop attempt to do the same thing that Haygood failed to? That's what some have speculated in order to explain it but not this chap, there's no evidence for it.

So Bowers could not have known about any bike cop getting off and running anywhere or riding up the knoll unless others talked to him.
Some speculation ends when you have the right image, if you can't find one I'll try and find it for you, IIRC Groden took the best one, a very nice wide shot.

Witnesses sometimes take in what they hear and make it part of their own memories, this is common place and you must know it, it's best avoided and in good policing italways is when possible and the idea is far from contoversial.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
One correction. Bowers could see this cop(ignore arrow);

he could ID him as a bike cop from that helmet and work out where he came from all on his own.
What he couldn't know or see is how the cop got there. For that he neded help.
And repeating something that he heard from others, that he partially witnessed himself is not lying.

Now picture the Croft photo on Elm. That's the area that Bowers could see from his tower, the only part of Elm visible to him, or anyone in that same tower.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:27:24 PM by Barry Pollard »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »

Offline Jim Brazell

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM »
I never said Bowers lied Matt, didn't even suggest it, it's not what I think at all. Witnesses swapping stories with others before giving statements is a very bad thing for us, for factfinding.

No Bowers could not see anyone ride up the knoll on a bike from that tower, I know because I've seen pictures taken from inside it, haven't you? His view is blocked by the fence on it's own even without the foilage, he couldn't even see Hargis with his little run to the grass and back, that view of the entire section of street was blocked by the pergola. The first time he saw the parade was before the shooting even started for two brief seconds, the next as it approached Stemmons, I know this because I've studied the images of the view from inisde the tower.

I know Sam Holland's VISION wasn't obstructed and he saw the SMOKE come out from the trees....that's the same smoke that Ralph Yarborough smelled at street level. You've seen the "smoke " picture with the limo still in the picture, right ?

It wouldn't be in the Zfilm, it came later, Haygood comes in around the 30s mark, approaches the curb directly in the Atkins film soon after and around 10s later still, Couch shows the same cop on his feet a little further down the curb holding his bike up, cop then runs up the knoll on foot,
Did another cop attempt to do the same thing that Haygood failed to? That's what some have speculated in order to explain it but not this chap, there's no evidence for it.

So Bowers could not have known about any bike cop getting off and running anywhere or riding up the knoll unless others talked to him.
Some speculation ends when you have the right image, if you can't find one I'll try and find it for you, IIRC Groden took the best one, a very nice wide shot.

Witnesses sometimes take in what they hear and make it part of their own memories, this is common place and you must know it, it's best avoided and in good policing italways is when possible and the idea is far from contoversial.

Offline Jim Brazell

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 02:17:35 AM »

Smoke from Grassy Knoll as described by Railroad workers. Rear of limo in foreground. Same smoke Ralph Yarborough who was very gun savy smelled at "street level"...8:15 mark.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 02:17:35 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
The complicating factor being that, from the TP witness' perspective on the overpass, the SE corner of the TSBD is almost directly in line with the corner of the picket fence, where GK theorists like to put a shooter. For them, shots from the GK would come from the same direction as the TSBD, and vice versa.

What have you been smokin', Mitch?