Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness  (Read 22983 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »
Advertisement
Rob Caprio mentions this witness in his Statements That Sink series #123....
There were no replies to that thread, I wonder why?

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,419.msg9208/topicseen.html#msg9208

Mr Simmons explicitly states that the first shot came from the fence/trees area on the grassy knoll and then he saw JFK start to slump over.

Other than that, I can find no other posts on him.

He said the FBI completely changed his statement.
This is what was published in the Warren Report. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: June 08, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

Re: James Leon Simmons.... Overpass Witness
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
Since I don't have the evidence to hand you can dismiss this but still, fwiw,
no motorcycle cop went up the slope on his bike and the one cop that actually tried to, did not then head for the TSBD, that's a blantant alteration and it happens in at least two other similar statements and IIRC one was also taken by the same interviewer. So according to the feds three men atop the underpass saw the cop ride up and then {u] head for the TSBD[/u]  (Winborns's statement however is a rather accurate description of what Hargis did). Also note how they descibe where Simmons saw smoke.
Robert Jackson says the exact same thing about the bike cop in much later appearances, despite only getting out of his own vehicle to follow this same cop up the knoll and had no interest in going in the TSBD where he claimed he saw another one run into.

Now this is what I don't have the most, there is a stabilized gif of the Bell film showing the men on the OP and some of them(three at least) are "clearly" waving or clapping at the limo, one of them I suspect is Simmons, a tall suspect in perhaps dungerees.
Dillard's last photo in the plaza shows both Simmons and Holland still up there a minute later, the latter having moved to his right(and now stood next to Simmons) probably to get a better view up the street.

Bowers was another one who claimed to see the bike cop ride up the grass, despite it being impossible to see from his position, to me it seems obvious he's heard it from one of the others, that is they've all had time to sit around and listen and compare stories. All these men should have been seperated and questioned on the spot. "...Anything you don't say today and later rely on(for Oswald's defence)..."

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:32:00 AM »
The fact that he can't be refuted easily Jerry is why the LNers ignored this topic. They only respond to things that they can easily obfuscate.

Thanks for reading my post.

Actually, the reason LNs and CTs don't reply is that we can't be bothered with you. Trying to discuss anything with you is akin to trying to hold a discussion with a Jeahover witness or a flat-earther.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:36:34 AM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:32:00 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:21:23 AM »
'Discussion' wouldn't be necessarily vital to any response.
On record is the workers statements along with several other spectators- lending credence- that a shot or shots came from behind the fence.
This revelation was completely ignored by the Warren Commission.
Absolutely criminal.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 05:26:46 AM »
Since I don't have the evidence to hand you can dismiss this but still, fwiw,
no motorcycle cop went up the slope on his bike and the one cop that actually tried to, did not then head for the TSBD, that's a blantant alteration and it happens in at least two other similar statements and IIRC one was also taken by the same interviewer. So according to the feds three men atop the underpass saw the cop ride up and then {u] head for the TSBD[/u]  (Winborns's statement however is a rather accurate description of what Hargis did). Also note how they descibe where Simmons saw smoke.
Robert Jackson says the exact same thing about the bike cop in much later appearances, despite only getting out of his own vehicle to follow this same cop up the knoll and had no interest in going in the TSBD where he claimed he saw another one run into.

Now this is what I don't have the most, there is a stabilized gif of the Bell film showing the men on the OP and some of them(three at least) are "clearly" waving or clapping at the limo, one of them I suspect is Simmons, a tall suspect in perhaps dungerees.
Dillard's last photo in the plaza shows both Simmons and Holland still up there a minute later, the latter having moved to his right(and now stood next to Simmons) probably to get a better view up the street.

Bowers was another one who claimed to see the bike cop ride up the grass, despite it being impossible to see from his position, to me it seems obvious he's heard it from one of the others, that is they've all had time to sit around and listen and compare stories. All these men should have been seperated and questioned on the spot. "...Anything you don't say today and later rely on(for Oswald's defence)..."

Is there some significance if he rode up the knoll or not? Is the proof he did not the Z film? What was blocking Bowers view Your idea that Bowers? lied about what he saw was because he talked to the others crosses the line of speculative entitlement imo

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 05:26:46 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 03:10:02 PM »
         The railroad employees standing atop the Triple Underpass held unique physical positions as they viewed the assassination of JFK: (1) They held a High Ground viewing position, (2) Anything traveling down Elm St was heading almost Directly toward them, (JFK Limo, DPD Motorcycle Cops, JFK Motorcade, etc), and (3) They were the very 1st people to enter the parking lot behind the picket fence immediately after the JFK Limo passed underneath the Triple Underpass. These guys had the optimum viewing position Before, During, and Immediately following the shots being fired. Based on their viewing position and the Fact they corroborate what each of them saw, their Eyewitness accounts of the JFK Assassination can Not be Understated.     
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:11:42 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
'Discussion' wouldn't be necessarily vital to any response.
On record is the workers statements along with several other spectators- lending credence- that a shot or shots came from behind the fence.
This revelation was completely ignored by the Warren Commission.
Absolutely criminal.

HSCA came up with the same conclusions as the WC except stated that per the dictabelt, a shot came from the grassy knoll. Now, it is said the dictabelt evidence is flawed. Even if there was a shot from the grassy knoll per the HSCA, it did not hit anything. So, that's 2 investigations for your derision.  2 investigations, the second led by Democrats like Frank Church that say nothing affected JFK from the grassy knoll.  Shallow arguments and stating falsehoods and flawed logic. Absolutely criminal.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 12:47:41 AM »
So..the perspective of some men who weren't there and didn't see what happened.. surpasses the statements of some men who were there and did see what happened?