Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If you want a current murder mystery...  (Read 12373 times)

Offline Richard Rubio

If you want a current murder mystery...
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »
Advertisement
I'm a bit unsure how to frame this and title this thread... but.... (also, I know we have quite a few folks not from the USA here, maybe the majority aren't). I hope it's okay with Duncan styling the thread like this. I'd welcome any changes, like "title of new article must be in subject line" or any other modifications.

In Scottsdale Arizona, a forensic psychiatrist was gunned down Friday, Steven Pitt. Pitt is known for working on the JonBenet  case (little girl beauty queen that got a lot of headlines) and also on Columbine.

As if this is not enough, the next day, Saturday, at office buildings in Scottsdale, 2 paralegals, women, were shot and killed... and there is even another murder they are linking to this in Scottsdale too. Apparently, all of the murders are probably linked.

Suspect on left, Steven Pitt, forensic psychiatrist on right.

Now, some news article quotes backing up what I wrote above:

Initial story:
Arizona forensic psychiatrist who assisted in JonBenet Ramsey case gunned down outside his office

Arizona police are on the hunt Saturday for a suspect believed to have gunned down an Arizona forensic psychiatrist who helped prosecutors with investigations in the high-profile 1996 killing of JonBenet Ramsey.

Steven Pitt, who also helped Phoenix police catch an attacker known as the "Baseline Killer" ? who terrorized the city in summer 2006, was killed Thursday outside his office in Scottsdale.

Witnesses told police they heard a loud argument before shots were fired, although Sgt. Vince Lewis said he had no information on whether the killing was connected to the 59-year-old's work.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/arizona-forensic-psychiatrist-who-assisted-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case-gunned-down-outside-his-office.html

2nd story, updated Saturday:
  Police: Phoenix killings of psychiatrist, 2 women linked

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. ?  Authorities say the fatal shootings of two paralegals in a Phoenix suburb are related to the killing of a well-known forensic psychiatrist in Phoenix, and police are investigating if a fourth homicide is related.

Scottsdale police Sgt. Ben Hoster says the killings Friday of 48-year-old Veleria Sharp and 49-year-old Laura Anderson are connected to the shooting death a day earlier of Dr. Steven Pitt.

The women and Pitt were shot either inside or around their Scottsdale-area offices.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/police-phoenix-killings-psychiatrist-2-women-linked.html

So what does one think? I thought at first, no, this doesn't have anything to do with JonBenet Ramsey but it is probably someone with a gripe with the Psychiatrist Pitt, the suspect was probably sent to prison or something. Then, I heard someone say "organized crime hits". That seems possible too.

I hope presenting this story in this manner is not disrespectful to the deceased.  They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots on the web on this, I'm thinking I'll be reading about the suspect being apprehended at any time... though, in turn, if these were professional hits, maybe not. Someone's really upset at these people. It is likely, we are not being told details (obviously duh). The 4 murders seem to be related. I haven't looked into the 4th murder of a man that much... but that is in the news too. He was shot I believe at an office building too on Saturday.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:29:58 AM by Richard Rubio »

JFK Assassination Forum

If you want a current murder mystery...
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »

Offline Steve Taylor

Re: If you want a current murder mystery...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:27:18 AM »
Interesting.  Do you have a link to his connection Columbine?

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:46:31 PM »
Interesting.  Do you have a link to his connection Columbine?

I hope it is understood that Steven Pitt helped consult or investigate Columbine as a forensic psychiatrist:
Pitt was also involved in consulting on the Columbine school shooting, according to NBC News.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/steven-pitt/

NBC:
A high-profile forensic psychiatrist who advised police and prosecutors in high-profile cases like the JonBenet Ramsey murder and the Columbine school massacre was shot dead outside his Arizona office on Thursday evening.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/high-profile-forensic-psychiatrist-shot-dead-outside-phoenix-office-n879291

And the "baseline killer" in Arizona, a serial killer.

Pitt's website is still up and has not been updated:

http://stevenpittassociates.com/

Quite a practice.

The alleged culprit looks like the kind of "Ex-Con" one would see in old black and white movies.  All just in my humble opinion.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:46:31 PM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »
Per the 4th suspect, also, per ABC news,  this is looking like a personal matter. If a personal matter, one would think the suspect might not be difficult to track down. Look at the clients of those slain:

4th person murdered, named Marshall Levine:

The murder of Marshall Levine, who was killed just after midnight Saturday in Scottsdale, Arizona, has now been linked to the same gun used in all four murders, law enforcement officials told ABC News.

The sources said the motive in the four killings remains unclear, but this is likely "family related." The law enforcement officials said they have a bead on a "couple" of possible suspects.

Levine's ex-wife, Carol Kleinman, told ABC News that Levine was a psychiatrist, but was only licensed to practice in New Jersey.

Since moving to Arizona, Kleinman said Levine worked as a life coach and hypnotherapist and dealt with clients who often "are angry."

Levine's body was discovered by an acquaintance inside of his Scottsdale office in a neighborhood known as The Greens at Gainey Ranch -- about 17 minutes from where the paralegals were shot.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/4th-murder-arizona-linked-spree-began-killing-prominent/story?id=55626417

A couple of possible suspects.

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »
Scottsdale police closing in on murder suspect
The Republic | azcentral.com Published 7:20 a.m. MT June 4, 2018 | Updated 7:27 a.m. MT June 4, 2018

Scottsdale police say they are closing in on a suspect in the shooting deaths of a prominent forensic psychologist and two paralegals at their offices in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

A statement issued by Scottsdale police just before 7 a.m. Monday said officers were attempting to make contact with the suspect at the Extended Stay America hotel, near Shea Boulevard and Scottsdale Road.

No additional information was immediately released.

Read more at: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale-breaking/2018/06/04/scottsdale-police-closing-murder-suspect/668075002/

So, they think he might have been in this hotel.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 04:47:12 PM »
Police: Suspect connected to string of Scottsdale, Phoenix murders is dead
Author: 12 News

The suspected gunman in a three-day Valley shooting spree that claimed the lives of four people killed himself Monday morning when he was confronted by police at a Scottsdale hotel, a Phoenix police spokesman said.

Police said the suspect was tracked to a room at the Extended Stay America, near 69th Street and Shea Boulevard, Monday morning.

According to police, multiple shots were fire inside the suspect's room while tactical teams set up in adjacent rooms. The hotel was evacuated near the suspect's room.

Read more at: https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/valley/police-suspect-connected-to-string-of-scottsdale-phoenix-murders-is-dead/75-561255746

It appears to be over.

Another story says he died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:52:41 PM by Richard Rubio »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 01:18:30 AM »
Suspect dead, kill count is probably 6 now, it seems 2 persons were found in a home.

First picture of suspect comes in, see here: https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/dwight-lamon-jones-wife-connie-family/  (wife as well).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 01:18:30 AM »