Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Truman recommends shutting down CIA  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Michael Clark

Re: Truman recommends shutting down CIA
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:48:04 AM »
Advertisement
December 22nd, 1963 was a Sunday, so one can make out of that whatever one wants. I say that means, the paper saved up an important piece, anything written by an ex-president for the Sunday papers.

The letter was dated December 21st. It was printed December 22.

The paper didn't "save" that letter. They printed it immediately.

Truman wrote it less than a month after JFK was assassinated. If he wanted to avoid making a correlation between the assassination of JFK and the CIA, waiting 24 hours before releasing it would have served that purpose. Waiting until after New Years would have separated the event from his statement even more so. He chose not to do either. He chose to tie his statement about the renegade CIA and the assassination together by balancing tact, the immediate urgency of the message, and  symbolic calendar date with the release of his message.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:53:50 AM by Michael Clark »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:48:04 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 03:26:32 AM »
 Michael If he made an effort to make sure it was on 22nd sure does raise the specter that it was in fact a symbolic nature Thank you

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:59 AM »

I well knew the first temporary director of the CIA, Adm. Souers, and the later permanent
directors of the CIA, Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg and Allen Dulles. These were men of the
highest character, patriotism and integrity? and I assume this is true of all those who
continue in charge.

Walk:

Damn, I miss the old emoticons.  :(

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:59 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
The letter was dated December 21st. It was printed December 22.

The paper didn't "save" that letter. They printed it immediately.

Truman wrote it less than a month after JFK was assassinated. If he wanted to avoid making a correlation between the assassination of JFK and the CIA, waiting 24 hours before releasing it would have served that purpose. Waiting until after New Years would have separated the event from his statement even more so. He chose not to do either. He chose to tie his statement about the renegade CIA and the assassination together by balancing tact, the immediate urgency of the message, and  symbolic calendar date with the release of his message.

Uh, No.

Truman never mentions the assassination.

Your assumption that the date of his letter has some sort of symbolic or cryptic meaning is pure speculation.

I'd be interested in seeing any quotes you have from HST indicating he thought the CIA was rsponsible for offing JFK, but somehow I doubt you have any.

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 12:24:27 AM »
Uh, No.

Truman never mentions the assassination.

Your assumption that the date of his letter has some sort of symbolic or cryptic meaning is pure speculation.

I'd be interested in seeing any quotes you have from HST indicating he thought the CIA was rsponsible for offing JFK, but somehow I doubt you have any.

Res loquitur ipsa.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 12:24:27 AM »