Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Office of Security file  (Read 4832 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Oswald's Office of Security file
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 12:19:44 AM »
Advertisement
Thanks for those Jerry I had seen a Google groups post that went into some statements about Angleton's ability to influence or blackmail  members of the U.S government via his control of extensive wiretapping and spying apparatuses under his control I can't seem to find anything on this on subsequent Google searches

Actually I?m not assuming anything. The CIA did know more about Oswald, as Jane Roman, one of the CIA?s officers who wrote the cable, told me in an interview. Roman acknowledged that the October 10 cable did not summarize what was in CIA files on Oswald at that time.

Roman, a career counterintelligence officer, was commenting candidly on the CIA?s own records. A CIA routing slip, declassified in 1993, showed that on October 4, 1963, just six days before the cable was written, she had received an FBI report about Oswald?s arrest in New Orleans in August 1963 for fighting with members of the Cuban Student Directorate (DRE), a CIA-funded anti-Castro organization. In the interview, Roman acknowledged reading the FBI report.

That meant that ?the latest headquarter infor? on Oswald wasn?t 17 months old, as the cable stated. It was less than a week old.

When this discrepancy was pointed out, Roman said, ?Yeh, I?m signing off on something that isn?t true.?

(I reported Roman?s comments in the Washington Post in 1995. Read the article here. The tape of the interview is part of the JFK Collection at the National Archives. Anyone who wants to check my reporting is free to do so.)

Did you interview Jane Roman? Or are you Jefferson Morley, who did interview Roman for the Post, using an alias?

Or did you copy and paste something written by Mr. Morley and leave those comments in by mistake?

Or what? I'm confused.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 12:19:44 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 12:26:18 AM »
Did you interview Jane Roman? Or are you Jefferson Morley, who did interview Roman for the Post, using an alias?

Or did you copy and paste something written by Mr. Morley and leave those comments in by mistake?

Or what? I'm confused.

Hi Steve, read the previous 3 post's.  Thumb1:

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 12:50:26 AM »

Or what? I'm confused.

Hi Steve so i tried answering this to Denis, but I am happy to try again So the post is copied from a google groups page where a poster is copying a quote from the individual who interviewed Roman I know Newman and Tanenbaum have interviewed her I thought together but maybe I have that wrong My main attempt was to find something that had the following quote

From Roman

When this discrepancy was pointed out, Roman said, ?Yeh, I?m signing off on something that isn?t true.?

I had heard  the quote on You Tube somewhere and for whatever reason struggled to find it online other than this google group thing I am sorry I am not sure who it is from and it was an oversight not to have included  the link

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 12:50:26 AM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
Hi Steve, read the previous 3 post's.  Thumb1:

Hi Denis:Thanks, he cleared things up about the time I posted.

I think the Morley/Newman thesis has some interesting possibilities behind it but they're greatly overreaching what evidence they have indicates. And Jane Roman complained that they took her comments out of context. Sure, that's always the excuse but sometimes it has merit. Both Morley and Newman come up with interesting information but they almost always run too far with it.

I don't see the Joannides/Oswald/CI/Angleton story here, i.e., Oswald was part (willingly or not) of some sort of anti-FPCC plan designed to embarrass the movement. From what I've read Joannides at that time (summer of '63) was trying to get the DRE under control more than engage in any covert operations. And the New Orleans delegation of the DRE was quite small and not used at all by the CIA (if we can believe Bringuier's claims). As you probably know, all of this was after the missile crisis and the Kennedy Administration was trying to rein these anti-Castro Cuban groups.