Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Shirt  (Read 15906 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's Shirt
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »
Advertisement
According to Dallas cops.....
At first Oswald told police he took a bus.
Asked about the cab then he then said yeah OK.
Then he told Fritz about a woman who wanted the cabbie to call her one.
He even offered it to her [not exactly a man on the run]
In his affidavit, Whaley mentions the same incident concerning that woman.
Too much of a coincidence.

The point of this thread concerns the shirt that Oswald was wearing the morning of the assassination and that it most likely wasn't CE 150. The authorities had to keep bringing back witnesses over and over again in the attempt to identify CE 150 as the shirt they saw him in.
Why? Because they had acquired threads from that shirt in some manner and stated that these threads were taken from the murder rifle found in the building.
A solid case had to be built and this was one more piece of the puzzle.

The dark brown shirt Oswald was wearing when arrested, along with the purported assassination weapon and much of the other first day evidence, was flown to Washington for testing by the FBI's crime lab that Friday night [leaving Oswald with only his T shirt]
CD5 p159
This evidence was tested throughout the next day. At 5:30 PM, Assistant Director Alan Belmont furnished Dallas Special-Agent-in-Charge Gordon Shanklin the results of these tests. A memo by Shanklin found in the Dallas FBI files reveals that, in regards to the shirt. Belmont told him: "Several black cotton, orange yellow cotton, and gray black cotton fibers which matched similar fibers composing Oswald's shirt removed from butt plate of submitted rifle."
No one who claimed they saw upper floor individuals before/during the shooting identified them wearing such a shirt.

The following morning, 11-24, the FBI Laboratory provided the Dallas police with the following information.. 
 CD5, p164
"Could"?? "Could have"??

CE 150...I fail to see any "blue" in the fabric

The parrots will point out I'm not an expert.
However, I can microscopically smell something fishy ;)

The witnesses who saw Oswald on the bus and the cabbie Whaley ...were never shown CE 151 for identification...not that I can find anywhere.

According to Dallas cops.....

he told Fritz about a woman who wanted the cabbie to call her one.
He even offered it to her [not exactly a man on the run]
In his affidavit, Whaley mentions the same incident concerning that woman.
Too much of a coincidence.
... or a very clever fabrication....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 10:20:43 PM »
The following morning, 11-24, the FBI Laboratory provided the Dallas police with the following information.. 
 CD5, p164
"Could"?? "Could have"??

Indeed.  "Could have" is the best they can do.  As in Oswald could have shot JFK.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »

Walt
Of course I have your thread on the cab ride here...

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,180.msg3732.html#msg3732

I just need a little more help with the shirt right now.
Was LHO wearing a brown shirt when he supposedly fired shots?
Howard Brennan
Steamfitter
Building
SOURCE OF SHOTS :
Book Depository
NUMBER OF SHOTS :

DALLAS SHERIFF'S STATEMENT: November 22, 1963.

24H203 

I was facing in a northerly direction looking across not only at Elm Street but I could see the large red brick building across the street from where I was sitting. I take this building across the street to be about 7 stories anyway in the east end of the building and the second row of windows from the top I saw a man in this window. I had seen him before the President?s car arrived. He was just sitting up there looking down apparently waiting for the same thing I was to see the President. I did not notice anything unusual about this man. He was a white man in his early 30?s, slender, nice looking, slender and would weight about 165 to 175 pounds. He had on light colored clothing but definitely not a suit. I proceeded to watch the President?s car as it turned left at the corner where I was and about 50 yards from the intersection of Elm and Houston and to a point I would say the President?s back was in line with the last window I have previously described I heard what I thought was a backfire. It run in my mind that it might be someone throwing firecrackers out the window of the red brick building and I looked up at the building. I then saw this man I have described in the window and he was taking aim with a high powered rifle. I could see all of the barrel of the gun. I do not know if it had a scope on it or not. I was looking at the man in this window at the time of the last explosion. Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight. He did not seem to be in any hurry. I could see this man from about his belt up. There was nothing unusual about him at all in appearance. I believe that I could identify this man if I ever saw him again.

The parrots can't have it both ways. From the belt up was light colored Brennen claimed.
This certainly was not CE 150.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 12:14:34 AM »

Walt
Of course I have your thread on the cab ride here...

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,180.msg3732.html#msg3732

I just need a little more help with the shirt right now.

DALLAS SHERIFF'S STATEMENT: November 22, 1963.

24H203 

The parrots can't have it both ways. From the belt up was light colored Brennen claimed.
This certainly was not CE 150.

Do you mind if I rephrase the question?.....

Was LHO wearing a brown shirt at the time John Kennedy was murdered?

Yes, Lee was wearing a  brownish, reddish colored shirt at the time..... ( you've post a video clip that shows the shirt he was wearing at the time....He's standing behind the young man with glasses and dark hair who is wearing a red jacket. )

Although the color reproduction is not the best .....you can see that the shirt was NOT the shirt he was wearing when he was dragged from the theater.

Lee said the shirt had a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR.....And that's the shirt that Potts found in Lee's room....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:41:39 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 03:08:30 AM »
Lee was wearing a  brownish, reddish colored shirt at the time

Thanks for the help. I'm not the very best at literary expression ::)
Oswald was wearing CE 151. He said he was..why would he lie?
He wore it unbuttoned over his T shirt.
One of the guys in another thread mentioned that he might have tied the sleeves around his waist.
People do that... tie their sweater sleeves when it gets warmer.
Conjecture...when he was busy...for comfort in warm spaces.
A 2nd floor woman said she saw Oswald in his T shirt.
Perhaps she didn't notice the tied up reddish shirt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 03:08:30 AM »

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 03:17:59 AM »
I find it amusing how all these new nuts come in here all full of piss and vinegar with their James Files and latest youtube info . Upon seeing that Cakebread pounces on them like fresh meat and violates them with his fabricated loaded lance. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 03:21:23 AM »
I thought others at the breakroom or on the trip exiting had said he was wearing a a white t shirt But yes it is possible that is a detail people could miss

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 03:21:23 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »
I thought others at the breakroom or on the trip exiting had said he was wearing a a white t shirt But yes it is possible that is a detail people could miss

I believe only Mrs Reid said that she thought that Lee was wearing a white Tee shirt.....  I believe she was mistaken and possibly recalling another occasion when she's seen Lee wearing a white Tee shirt.

But there's so much BS misinformation that you can believe whatever tingles your taste buds.   

However....If you believe that Lee was wearing a white Tee Shirt and was the man in the white clothing that witnesses saw behind a sixth floor window then the tuft of brown fibers on the butt of the rifle are not incriminating of the arch villain Lee Harrrrrvey Osssssswald. ( boooooo hissss)