Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's High School  (Read 37676 times)

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
Re: Oswald's High School
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2018, 04:23:07 PM »
Advertisement
  That there is a withheld government document on his mother's interaction with Nazi's caught my interest.  A possible Hungarian origin of Harvey, another fascist hotbed is also of interest to me. Just started reading the book, but why didn't John Pic identify Marguerite as an imposter after the assassination?

Remember, the document only said "M. Oswald." How many of those must there be? As far as the "imposter" Marguerite, not only John Pic, but why didn't any of the people who knew the "real" Marguerite come forward to say that this person was not the Marguerite they were acquainted with when they saw her on TV and in newspapers? When you ask the H&L people they say something like "oh they were paid off by the CIA." Really? How many people is the average person acquainted with-hundreds? And the CIA paid all of them off? Pretty far fetched I think.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2018, 04:23:07 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
Remember, the document only said "M. Oswald." How many of those must there be? As far as the "imposter" Marguerite, not only John Pic, but why didn't any of the people who knew the "real" Marguerite come forward to say that this person was not the Marguerite they were acquainted with when they saw her on TV and in newspapers? When you ask the H&L people they say something like "oh they were paid off by the CIA." Really? How many people is the average person acquainted with-hundreds? And the CIA paid all of them off? Pretty far fetched I think.

Hopefully Steve will not object if I answer a question addressed to him One also wonders why W Tracy addresses. Yes perhaps the first sentence is fairly addressed to Steve, but not the rest First off Armstrong claims such people exist, but as usual some of his statements seem not to be supported by any reference on-line Two caveats quickly come to mind ad to why this may not have occurred One is of course many of those who knew Marguerite likely did not see the photographs as she appeared before the WC  And second some people, especially friends of Marguerite may not have wanted to open a can of worms or cause her anymore trauma than she already suffered And yes of course the fear of being castigated as a conspiracy theorist etc

What I find interesting is that you chose to focus as void of information, no friends came forward and stated Marguerite 2 was not Marguerite C, as your main response to the the issue A n inference to a void is of course and inference There are a multitude of facts in regards to the contradiction of addresses, jobs, inconsistencies in appearance etc, and yet almost no response from you to these issues

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »
Hopefully Steve will not object if I answer a question addressed to him One also wonders why W Tracy addresses. Yes perhaps the first sentence is fairly addressed to Steve, but not the rest First off Armstrong claims such people exist, but as usual some of his statements seem not to be supported by any reference on-line Two caveats quickly come to mind ad to why this may not have occurred One is of course many of those who knew Marguerite likely did not see the photographs as she appeared before the WC  And second some people, especially friends of Marguerite may not have wanted to open a can of worms or cause her anymore trauma than she already suffered And yes of course the fear of being castigated as a conspiracy theorist etc

What I find interesting is that you chose to focus as void of information, no friends came forward and stated Marguerite 2 was not Marguerite C, as your main response to the the issue A n inference to a void is of course and inference There are a multitude of facts in regards to the contradiction of addresses, jobs, inconsistencies in appearance etc, and yet almost no response from you to these issues

You don't find it odd that no one who knew the "real" Marguerite realized she was different from the "Fake" they saw on TV? Remember, in those days there were 3 channels and that was all that was on for days at a time. The likelihood that not one of dozens or hundreds realized the Marguerite they saw or read about is small IMO.

As for contradictions, if you want to discuss any specifics let me know. But in a case where LHO had more than 20 different residences during his childhood these inconsistencies could be expected.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »

You don't find it odd that no one who knew the "real" Marguerite realized she was different from the "Fake" they saw on TV? Remember, in those days there were 3 channels and that was all that was on for days at a time. The likelihood that not one of dozens or hundreds realized the Marguerite they saw or read about is small IMO.

As for contradictions, if you want to discuss any specifics let me know. But in a case where LHO had more than 20 different residences during his childhood these inconsistencies could be expected.

I was not quite old enough to remember how much her face was on TV I guess it makes she was on a lot Hard to know how many people may have tried to contact the Dallas stations or other media sources I suppose The other part of the question is how many people really knew her well enough to be sure it was not her Those who had known her in the last 15 years or so being the most likely to be confident it was just not a bad case of ageing It is an area I am interested in , and its certainly a fair point just not one worthy of discrediting other evidence imo

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2018, 04:33:03 PM »
  I guess I am getting ahead of myself Are you saying it is Marguerite Claverie Oswald testifying to the Warren Commission?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2018, 04:33:03 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2018, 01:30:06 AM »
  I guess I am getting ahead of myself Are you saying it is Marguerite Claverie Oswald testifying to the Warren Commission?

I am saying the woman who testified was indeed the one and only Marguerite Claverie Oswald. According to the H&L theory, the woman who testified was the "fake" Marguerite who took the place of the original "tall beautiful" Marguerite. This woman, who worked for the CIA,  took the place of the original Marguerite around 1959. My point is why didn't the friends and acquaintances of the original Marguerite come forward to say this was not the woman they knew? And as Steve asked, why didn't John Pic say this was not his mother?

IMO, researchers should be very skeptical of the H&L theory but some are not. This is apparently because the theory appeals to them on some level and they are will to suspend disbelief. But the theory is nonsense and a waste of time.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2018, 05:07:13 AM »

I am saying the woman who testified was indeed the one and only Marguerite Claverie Oswald. According to the H&L theory, the woman who testified was the "fake" Marguerite who took the place of the original "tall beautiful" Marguerite. This woman, who worked for the CIA,  took the place of the original Marguerite around 1959. My point is why didn't the friends and acquaintances of the original Marguerite come forward to say this was not the woman they knew? And as Steve asked, why didn't John Pic say this was not his mother?

IMO, researchers should be very skeptical of the H&L theory but some are not. This is apparently because the theory appeals to them on some level and they are will to suspend disbelief. But the theory is nonsense and a waste of time.

How tall was Marguerite Claverie Oswald?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2018, 05:07:13 AM »

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
I've only made it to pg 120 of 1000+ pages, but Armstrong offers the following about Marguerite's best friend's statement:

NOTE: The "beautiful woman with black hair" who "dressed beautifully" was certainly not the older, dumpy, heavy-set, shabbily dressed "Marguerite Oswald" imposter who was photographed in the living room of 126 Exchange in February 1954.
Following the assassination Myrtle and Julian Evans saw this woman on television. When deposed on April 7, 1964 by Warren Commission Attorney Albert Jenner, Myrtle Evans said, "When I saw her on Tv, after all of this happened, she looked so old and haggard, and I said that couldn't be Margie. Julian told the Commission, "When we saw her on television just recently, after all this happened, she looked awful. There s no other way to describe it, the change that has come over her. You wouldn't have recognized her if they hadn't told you who she was; she looked that different. Where her hair used to be black, now it's entirely gray, and she really looks old ..... shes the same age as my wife (57), but she looks about 70 now. "The Commission, understandably, did not ask either Myrtle or Julian to identify the 1954 photograph of the short, dumpy, heavy-set "Marguerite Oswald" as their friend of 25 years.
Neither Julian nor Myrtle, who had known the real Marguerite Oswald since 1935, recognized the heavy-set, shabbily-dressed woman they saw on television. They didn't realize this woman was not their friend who lived next door in New Orleans only 8 years earlier. The woman they saw on television was the "caretaker/mother" of Harvey Oswaldthe same old, dumpy, heavy-set woman who was photographed sitting in the chair of her living room at 126 Exchange Place in 1954. By 1963 this woman s appearance had changed little-she still had grey hair, still looked old, and was still dowdy and plump.

Lee's contemporaneous best friend said roughly the same:
On April 7, 1964, Ed Voebel was deposed by Warren Commission attorney Albert Jenner who asked, "Did you meet his mother?" Voebel said, "I think I met her one time, and for some reason I had a picture in my mind which was different from when I saw her in the paper after all of this happened. I didn't recognize her. She was a lot thinner. and her hair wasn't as gray. as I recall it. when I met her. Of course, this was about 8 years ago, but I can remember she had a black dress on, and she was sitting down smoking a cigarette."

That still leaves the family not speaking up.  Armstrong claims Robert was a part of the cover up, but Pic and the Murrets?  I will continue reading...