Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's High School  (Read 37012 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: Oswald's High School
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »
Advertisement
Kind of funny that there is no ripping apart of this stuff. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it is because they have been through it before

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 05:06:52 PM »
Kind of funny that there is no ripping apart of this stuff. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it is because they have been through it before

It's more of the "Don't throw snowballs at the small school bus" rule.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 05:14:34 PM »
It's more of the "Don't throw snowballs at the small school bus" rule.

Steve I am yet to see you post anything meaningful here Your latest post here ads to that proud tradition

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 05:14:34 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »
   The children you refer to would have the DNA for the comparison
I understand that part. And theoretically yes.
Might really mean something if someone can actually obtain it.
Who has the ability/connections to do this?
Gary Mack could have maybe.
Come back with suggestions.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 02:11:53 AM »
 How was Oswald proficient in Russian before defecting to the Soviet Union

Numerous eyewitnesses provide us with a profile of Oswald?s fluency in Russian, suggesting that he was a native speaker.  According to these first-hand accounts, Oswald?s conversational and idiomatic Russian were so flawless that he could not have reached this level of fluency exclusively from the two-and-a-half years he spent in the USSR.  Mrs. Natalie Ray, who emigrated to the United States from Stalingrad and met Oswald after his return from the Soviet Union, testified to the Warren Commission that his conversational Russian was ?just perfect?.it?s just too good speaking Russian for such a short time.? [4]  Mrs. Ray was paying a posthumous compliment to Oswald while speaking in her own broken English:  ?I said, ?How come you speak so good Russian?  I been here so long and still don?t speak very well English.?? [5]  When Mrs. Ray was asked by Warren Commission attorney Wesley Liebeler, ?You thought he spoke Russian better than you would expect a person to be able to speak Russian after only living?there only 3 years??, she replied, ?Yes; I really did.? [6] 

After testing Oswald?s skills in translation, linguist Peter Gregory, who was a native Russian, dashed off a letter of recommendation for Oswald for work as a professional interpreter or translator of the Russian language.  But with no evidence of formal training other than spending two-and-half years in the Soviet Union, how was it possible for Oswald to attain this level of accomplishment?  Moreover, Gregory believed that Oswald spoke Russian with a Polish accent, which could not have been acquired from living in Minsk.

Peter Gregory?s son, Paul, was a schoolmate of Oswald?s at Stripling Junior High School in Fort Worth in the academic year 1954-55.  The school records documenting Oswald?s enrollment, which were hand-delivered to FBI agents by assistant principal Frank Kudlaty, were subsequently lost by the FBI.  By the early 1960s, Paul Gregory was a graduate student in Russian language and literature at the University of Oklahoma.  He later told the Warren Commission that, despite making grammatical errors, Oswald ?was completely fluent.  He understood more than I did and he could express any idea?that he wanted to in Russian.? [9]  Other witnesses, including George Bouhe, Mrs. Teofil (Anna ) Meller, Elena Hall, and Mrs. Dymitruk, recalled Oswald?s exceptional skills in speaking Russian. [10]  This substantial body of testimony vouching for Oswald?s Russian language skills is not casual ?hearsay? evidence, but often first-hand accounts recorded under oath for the Warren Commission.

George De Mohrenschildt was a Russian ?migr? who had taught Russian language at the university level.  He was in a perfect position to assess Oswald?s command of the language, yet was puzzled about where, how, and when Oswald could have achieved such mastery.  How was it possible for an American high school dropout in his early twenties to have read ?Gorki, Dostoevski, Golgol, Tolstoi and Turgenieff? in the original Russian language versions?  The extract above is from p. 118 of De Mohrenschildt?s memoir I Am a Patsy!: My Contact With Lee Harvey Oswald, The Warren Commission, and the JFK Assassination Conspiracy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 02:11:53 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 02:42:05 AM »
I understand that part. And theoretically yes.
Might really mean something if someone can actually obtain it.
Who has the ability/connections to do this?
Gary Mack could have maybe.
Come back with suggestions.

Jerry Thanks for the interest I would assume Armstrong would be taking the lead, but I see no contact info at his site DiEugenio use to be accessible on the Education discussion forum This may be to far out for a lot of CT folks, and I am not very familiar with who else out of the leading researchers is interested in the topic

It looks like Gary Mack died a few years ago
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:43:42 AM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 03:17:37 AM »
 Rob I don't think we disagree, my comment was to try to frame it in a way lone shooter folks might be able to absorb

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 03:17:37 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 04:06:28 AM »
No problems Matt as I know that we agree. This is interesting stuff.

Thanks Rob

Here are a couple of points of interest

n January, 1953, while HARVEY and the Marguerite Oswald imposter were living in the Bronx, there are indications of CIA involvement. The House on Un-American Activites Committee (HUAC) had a file that made reference to a "Mrs. M. Oswald" in New York City that originated from a CIA Office of Security file. This CIA file contained references to 1941, Nazi's, and New Jersey. Judge John Tunheim, of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) wrote to Henry Hyde and requested the HUAC file, but his request was denied.

In February, 1953 John Pic and his family were invited to dinner at the Oswald's apartment. This was the last time Pic would see his brother for 9 years. Nine years later, in 1962 Pic was invited to Thanksgiving Dinner at Robert Oswald's home, where he met the Russian speaking HARVEY Oswald. Pic told the Warren Commission, "the Lee Harvey Oswald I met in November of 1962 [Thanksgiving] was not the Lee Harvey Oswald I had known 10 years previous [in New York]." When the Warren Commission showed John Pic photographs of HARVEY Oswald taken in 1953, 1957, and 1963 he refused to identify these photos as his brother. Robert Oswald most certainly knew that the Russian speaking HARVEY was not his brother, because Robert had lived with both HARVEY Oswald and the Marguerite Oswald impostor at 4936 Collinwood for 6 months in 1956.

At least one source has Oswald speaking German as well, and rumored to have had a Hungarian accent or country of origin We of course know that US intelligence had been working closely with German intelligence at the closing of WW2 Could this young Oswald been part of that new collaboration?

And to digress back to the gathering DNA. One would think that the LHO two daughter's with Marina would be sympathetic to having a DNA test Robert's Oswald's offspring not so much since he apparently identified Marina's Husband as his Brother If Pic had children they might be more willing since John Pic is on the record saying it was not his Brother
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:24:25 AM by Matt Grantham »