Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's High School  (Read 37005 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: Oswald's High School
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 06:41:28 PM »
Advertisement

I think that my posts are just as helpful as yours, which seem merely to be regurgitations of information from other researchers including Armstrong and Jefferson Morley (in another thread). I am simply pointing out the problems here. Kudlaty never said word one about any confiscated records until he heard Jack White's (Armstrong's mentor for those who don't know) sales pitch. If I believed that the FBI did something untoward, I say something back in the day. That is a valid criticism IMO.

Robert Oswald was speaking to the WC and trying his best to reconstruct his life and his brother's life. He assumed that LHO attended Stripling. And, in fact, he would have started school there in September 1952 if Marguerite had not moved him to NYC in August of that year. So it was a logical assumption on his part but it was incorrect.

I want to make sure I understand the inference before commenting further, you believe Kudlaty's statements should be discredited because he had not alerted someone earlier that the records at Stripling had been seized by the FBI

As to your points about Robert Oswald, What exactly is supposed to be substantive about your claim? I try not to negatively characterize the posts of other's but I just fail to see what you're demonstrating other than you believe Robert Oswald was making an assumption or confused

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 06:41:28 PM »

Offline Michael Chambers

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 07:30:51 PM »
  Can anyone tell me if the JFK education Forum allows for new members? I am having trouble finding a way to do so or getting a response from the administrators

I doubt it but a lot of the members here are a lot more conversant with EF than me.

However 5 years ago I tried to join and got the same "brick wall".

Also hand in glove is Greg Burnhams site "assassinationjfk.net", which openly offers you can join but the capta wont work and when you contact about it there is just a :brick wall". At least burham mailed me back explaining how there had been a sophisticated hack and he cant fix the capta. The EF and Him must have formed their own exclusive club I guess.

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2018, 07:38:47 PM »
Maybe you are Michael But we do know that many folks like to pose as being sympathetic to the CT angle on many things so they can appear as an even more legitimate critic of when things have gone to far So far you have said nothing other than a story of being banned

Hi Matt - it's obvious you did not click on the very long and detailed thread about HL on the other forum. If you had, you'll see many many rebuttals I've posted over there along with Jeremy (who runs a UK JFK site) and a guy named Bernie as well as Tracy and T. Graves.  I mean, why retype them here? Just go there and read them for yourself.

As for Tracy Parnell, yes, he's an LNer but he's one of the most polite people I've come across on the forums. What's amazing to me is how a CTer (me) and LNer (Tracy) can actually agree on the nonsensical HL fairy tale.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:41:30 PM by Michael Walton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2018, 07:38:47 PM »

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
Strawman. No one said anything about this.

That was the inference I got from the OPs comments. He said:

June and Rachel's Grandfather is listed as Nicolay Prusakov which throws a monkey wrench into that notion This [Prusakov] would seemingly have to be Marguerite's Father Strangely Robert Oswald says he is not sure of his Mothers maiden name but assumes it was Claverie, which was her middle name

But Marguerite's father was John Claverie and Marguerite's maiden name (not her "middle name") was Claverie. The OP seems to understand  that Prusakov was not Marguerite's father but can't resist throwing in the tidbit about Robert forgetting his mother's maiden name as if there is something mysterious going on. I am just setting the record straight for those that read this type of stuff and don't know better.

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 07:42:44 PM »
As for Tracy Parnell, yes, he's an LNer but he's one of the most polite people I've come across on the forums. What's amazing to me is how a CTer (me) and LNer (Tracy) can actually agree on the nonsensical HL fairy tale.

Thanks Michael. And I think the fact that CTs and LNs have joined together to combat the H&L nonsense speaks volumes about it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 07:42:44 PM »

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 07:50:54 PM »
One of John Armstrong?s favorite investigative techniques is to suggest that since there are records that contain discrepancies, something sinister may be going on. But when others point out that mistakes and differences in records are a normal occurrence, Armstrong?s associates ridicule this idea and claim that so many unexplained discrepancies could not exist. But such inconsistencies can and do exist in the real world for varying reasons.

This short article explains one of the many "mysteries" in Armstrong's book:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/03/margaret-keating.html

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »
It seems i have made two mistakes All over nothing imo Take over for, and a takeover have different connotations in my mind at least Transition is however, admittedly, is a better term

Can anyone tell me if the JFK education Forum allows for new members? I am having trouble finding a way to do so or getting a response from the administrators I post this here because of Jerry's remark that maybe I should try to see if anyone is working on the Oswal DNA question ,and thought the Education Forum might be a possible place to in that effort

Hi Matt if you want to sign up at EF the best thing to do is give it a whirl. If you make it great.  Just stay on message and don't venture too far off the reservation. Just play nice to abide by the kinder and gentler nature of EF and you'll be fine.  For your reading pleasure, here's the post that basically got me banned.  I killed a lot of birds with a single stone in this post, going up against Jim Eugenio, which I actually did work for several years ago on his JFK100 special, among other things.  I also went up against the scam artist Dave Lifton. And I also even expained to the readership over there how the whole EF was actually started, if you can believe, as a *marketing forum* for esteemed authors to sell their wares to mere mortals like me. Post is below along with link:

On 5/30/2018 at 11:49 PM, David Lifton said:
As a general rule, "new information" that suddenly materializes 25 years after the fact should not be given credence. For example: if Bellah had told the Dallas Morning News or the Dallas Times Herald (within a day, a week, or even a month) that the motorcade route was changed at the last minute, that would have been important, even sensational, news.

WALTON REPLY:
I would like to congratulate Dave L on his reply to Jim DiEugenio's post here in his attempt to hold Jim to a higher standard when it comes to the Kennedy case. I would like to take a moment, fellow EF members, to mention this because it's important to take the evidence and clues in the case and not revert to wild speculation. As much as I believe that Jim Eugenio has written some important analysis on the case, I recently came across a thread on EF where it seems like he is "all Kennedy, all good, all of the time" with no bend or let up in his thinking regarding the Kennedy family; in other words, his way of thinking is the Kennedys do no wrong.  As much as I admire the Kennedys, I and Oliver Stone and I'm sure others know better.

But to take this higher standard a step further, and without attempting to hijack this thread, I would also like to mention to EF readers here that I certainly hope that Dave L also holds himself to a higher standard of the evidence in the case. I say this because it's my undertanding, forum readers, that he is currently writing another book that will have new evidence in the case. Dave L has been teasing fellow EF readers about this and, having worked in the marketing business for over 30 years, I certainly do not want to begrudge Dave L for doing that. It's important to get the word out when you are selling a new book. Ironically enough, I was unaware that when this very forum was started years ago that its initial intention was to do that very thing - to be a place where paid authors such as Jim Eugenio, Larry Hancock, Vince the Secret Service Expert, and Dave L - among others - can come onto this forum, ask questions and comingle with mere mortals such as myself. And of course they can also enourage us mortals to buy their latest book. This was an amazing discovery for me because when you think of a web forum called Education Forum, the idea of selling books certainly does not come to mind first and foremost.

This "selling your wares" concept has even included LNers such as Dave VP to sell his website by pushing the link here, encouraging folks to visit it, to watch his videos and click on his ads.  And of course it's also been a place for LNers like Dave VP to argue the occasional point or two with these authors. There may even be, fellow EF members, an opportunity for lurkers, as Jim DiEugenio so eloquently called someone on this forum, to comingle with said authors.

But to circle back and arrive to that pesky higher standard. I discovered that one of the thrusts of Dave L's new book of new evidence will be that Dr. Malcolm Perry, one of Parkland's doctors who performed the throat incision to try to save Kennedy's life, did not cut into his throat, thus, proving that the body was altered before the autopsy began.  Dave L's proof for this theory is:

** Proof 1 - audio in video interview of Perry does not sync up
** Proof 2 - Bob Groden said Perry told him

I vigorously debated Dave L on this, explaining that Dr. Perry clearly and accurately explained what he did to Kennedy's throat in his 1964 testimony. After being called a shmuck, among other things, by esteemed author Dave L, during our heated debate, and after also being torn a new asshole by other forum members who came to Dave L's defense, it's my understanding that Dave L has not reconsidered writing about this very shaky and speculative and dishonest theory and is moving forward with it. So once again, in the interest of trying to apply a higher standard in this case, I do hope Dave L reconsiders and I do this in support of Dr. Perry, a man who was thrust into the annals of history and is unable to defend himself.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/24927-who-changed-the-motorcade-route/?do=findComment&comment=379522
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:04:18 PM by Michael Walton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »
I want to make sure I understand the inference before commenting further, you believe Kudlaty's statements should be discredited because he had not alerted someone earlier that the records at Stripling had been seized by the FBI

As to your points about Robert Oswald, What exactly is supposed to be substantive about your claim? I try not to negatively characterize the posts of other's but I just fail to see what you're demonstrating other than you believe Robert Oswald was making an assumption or confused

Discredited might be too strong, but the facts I have related regarding his assertion about the alleged confiscated records should be made known in order to evaluate his credibility on the issue. As far as Robert and Stripling, I am simply responding to your reposting of Armstrong's assertion that because Robert thought that LHO attended that school that makes it a fact and supports the H&L theory. But as is always the case with Armstrong there is another explanation-Robert was mistaken as the historical record shows.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:31:16 PM by W. Tracy Parnell »