Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Privacy Window  (Read 9265 times)

Offline Steve Taylor

Privacy Window
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »
Advertisement
As in most limos, there is a privacy window between the drivers and the passengers.  From the photo below it appears to to be able to slide back and forth in a channel so that the Grey Poupon can be passed back by Mr. Kellerman when needed.
I would like to know how bullet fragments ended up in the front seat with this window closed? Can someone help? Does this raise any questions from others?

Mr. Rankin:  Do you recall anyone saying anything else during the time of the shooting?
Mrs. Kennedy:  No, there weren't any words. There was just Governor Connally's.  And then I suppose Mrs. Connally was sort of crying and covering her husband.  But I don't remember any words.  And there was a big windshield between - you know -  I think.  Isn't there?
Mr. Rankin:  Between the seats?
Mrs. Kennedy:  So you know, those poor men in the front, you couldn't hear them.

JFK Assassination Forum

Privacy Window
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »

Offline Michael Chambers

Re: Privacy Window
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 11:57:55 PM »
I had always assumed it was open at the time.

If it was shut the idea of the throat exit trajectory going on to the shot hitting the windscreen place is probably shot down in flames.
But it was just an estimate, and I've only ever done the exact measurement theory of thet trajectory to just past the rear of the limo from JFK.  Thumb1:

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »
I had always assumed it was open at the time.

If it was shut the idea of the throat exit trajectory going on to the shot hitting the windscreen place is probably shot down in flames.
But it was just an estimate, and I've only ever done the exact measurement theory of thet trajectory to just past the rear of the limo from JFK.  Thumb1:

Thank you Michael.  I believe this new evidence will cause many to adjust their theories.  Jackie's final words to the WC that day may have been meant to be a vital clue in the case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:40:34 PM »
Excellent post.

Closed partition window certainly would raise questions.

We do know that a fragment cracked the interior of the windshield, and there's the dent in the chrome above the rearview mirror and I believe damage to a visor that's pretty conclusive evidence that fragments did indeed make it to the front of the limo.

Although I'm not sure that the photo posted definitively shows a completely closed partition window, it sure does appear to be closed in the area between Nellie and the driver.

Of course it's possible that the window might have been opened after the posted photo was taken.

I'm guessing additional photographic evidence of the status of the window immediately before the assassination might be found in film of the limo as it is on Houston approaching Elm, during the assassination in Zapruder, and post assassination in photos of the limo taken at Parkland.

Perhaps there's testimony about the window somewhere in the WCR ?

In any event, good post and something new to consider.

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:32:47 AM »
It's clear that the limo windshield was in Michigan (?)by Tuesday morning so that it could serve as a mold for the construction of a replacement windshield.  Both people at that plant as well as witnesses from Parkland described a "through and through" bullet hole in the windshield.  Does anyone know if the courtesy window was also replaced after the assassination?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:32:47 AM »

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:40:30 AM »
Excellent post.

Closed partition window certainly would raise questions.

We do know that a fragment cracked the interior of the windshield, and there's the dent in the chrome above the rearview mirror and I believe damage to a visor that's pretty conclusive evidence that fragments did indeed make it to the front of the limo.

Although I'm not sure that the photo posted definitively shows a completely closed partition window, it sure does appear to be closed in the area between Nellie and the driver.

Of course it's possible that the window might have been opened after the posted photo was taken.

I'm guessing additional photographic evidence of the status of the window immediately before the assassination might be found in film of the limo as it is on Houston approaching Elm, during the assassination in Zapruder, and post assassination in photos of the limo taken at Parkland.

Perhaps there's testimony about the window somewhere in the WCR ?

In any event, good post and something new to consider.

Thank you for the kind words Howard.  I spent a few hours searching for motorcade pictures.  I found 3 that may be pertinent.  However the last 2 contradict each other.  Could the partition window be easily removed at Parkland?

This one shows an opening of about 2 inches on the right:

This one shows the damage above the area of the rear view mirror, but also two possible holes in the upper left corner of the partition:

This one indicates extensive damage of the partition:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:39:10 AM by Steve Taylor »

Offline Steve Taylor

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 05:55:34 AM »
Thanks Mark.  Here's some more.  Compare picture 1 to 2.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 05:55:34 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »
After viewing the assorted photos posted above, I'm of the opinion that we're seeing varying types of partitions with windows that open and close differently.

Some appear to move horizontally and can't be completely opened, while the partition employed in the limo used on 11/22/63 might have windows that open and close vertically.

Do we know with certainty how the partition windows in the assassination limo operated ?