Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Truly Magical Bullet  (Read 55429 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: The Truly Magical Bullet
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »
Advertisement
Did not, you moron.

Did so. You claimed that the back wound was 2 inches right of center and the distance from the back to neck was 6.5 inches, correct? I put the wound 2 inches right of the spine and extended a line thru the spine and out the throat. The angle for that happened to be 12 degrees. I admit that I shouldn't have extended the line to the chest cavity but this was merely to show you the path of the MB thru JFK's spine. You seem to be confusing this with the pitch angle from the 6th floor of the TSBD. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and setting that at 9 degrees, when the official angle was actually estimated to be 7 degrees.

Here's YOUR final solution:

Looks like the bullet smashes thru C7 to me (just above T1 as depicted in the graphic AND the x-ray)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:46:55 PM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2018, 11:31:54 PM »
Anyone who wants to dig through all the hot air in your reply will find, in the middle of all that whargarrbl, there is the statement: "I modified the image to show the path of the bullet as shown in the x-ray." That's not what you did.

Yes it is.

You selected the wrong section, then tried to relabel it in order to mislead. And it's one of a consecutive series of axial images from the cerebellum to the bottom of T2, so it shouldn't have been too hard to find the right one. For that matter, the internet is littered with CT example images, or any section, so I can't buy your explanation that it was the only one you could find. 

:D

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »
Consider for a moment Newton's second law, F=ma. Simple isn't it?

But it doesn't tell the whole story. It assumes that the mass cannot deform, and that there is no drag acting on it once it moves.

So, the real equation has to add those terms, and we get the familiar 2nd order ODE, F=ma+cv+kx where cv is the the drag term and kx represents the deformation of the mass under load. F=ma is simple, but F=ma+cv+kx is correct.

At least, more correct. F=ma+cv+kx assumes that the ma, cv, and kx terms are linear. But they really aren't. It turns out that mass is a function of velocity, and kx is only considered to be linear through a relatively limited range of x-values.

Removing the assumptions makes things more complicated.

But you're a physicist, so you know that already, right?

Yes I am, and you obviously aren't and it takes one to know one. You do realize that Occam's Razor is just a philosophical principle, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2018, 12:46:16 AM »
Did so.

Did not.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,181.msg11339.html#msg11339

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,181.msg11566.html#msg11566

You claimed that the back wound was 2 inches right of center and the distance from the back to neck was 6.5 inches, correct?

That is correct.

I put the wound 2 inches right of the spine and extended a line thru the spine and out the throat. The angle for that happened to be 12 degrees. I admit that I shouldn't have extended the line to the chest cavity but this was merely to show you the path of the MB thru JFK's spine. You seem to be confusing this with the pitch angle from the 6th floor of the TSBD. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and setting that at 9 degrees, when the official angle was actually estimated to be 7 degrees.

Here's YOUR final solution:

Looks like the bullet smashes thru C7 to me (just above T1 as depicted in the graphic AND the x-ray)

That's your solution, not mine. You have the torso positioned incorrectly, the bullet wrongly exiting the center of the trachea , and you have not factored in Kennedy's head being turned 60 degrees to the right. That right rotation of the head results in about 3 degrees rotation of the C7 vertebrae and it moves the point in space of the exit location on the trachea to the right.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2018, 12:48:35 AM »
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way. When I read it, all I could think of was Mary McCarthy and Lillian Hellman

;D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2018, 12:48:35 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #261 on: June 10, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »
Consider for a moment Newton's second law, F=ma. Simple isn't it?

But it doesn't tell the whole story. It assumes that the mass cannot deform, and that there is no drag acting on it once it moves.

So, the real equation has to add those terms, and we get the familiar 2nd order ODE, F=ma+cv+kx where cv is the the drag term and kx represents the deformation of the mass under load. F=ma is simple, but F=ma+cv+kx is correct.

At least, more correct. F=ma+cv+kx assumes that the ma, cv, and kx terms are linear. But they really aren't. It turns out that mass is a function of velocity, and kx is only considered to be linear through a relatively limited range of x-values.

Removing the assumptions makes things more complicated.

But you're a physicist, so you know that already, right?

Yes I am, and you obviously aren't and it takes one to know one. You do realize that Occam's Razor is just a philosophical principle, right?

Why do I have this feeling that it would be fairly entertaining to have you explain what you think is wrong about my physics? Or why you consider yourself a 'physicist' and any conventionally-accepted definition of the term?

And, yes, Occam's Razor is a rule of thumb. But I explained how it applies in terms of classical mechanics, especially in the sense that the simplest answer is not the most correct one.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2018, 02:33:55 AM »
Did not.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,181.msg11339.html#msg11339

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,181.msg11566.html#msg11566

That is correct.

That's your solution, not mine. You have the torso positioned incorrectly, the bullet wrongly exiting the center of the trachea , and you have not factored in Kennedy's head being turned 60 degrees to the right. That right rotation of the head results in about 3 degrees rotation of the C7 vertebrae and it moves the point in space of the exit location on the trachea to the right.

But I thought you said JFK was turned towards Jackie. Otherwise, JFK's head orientation had nothing to do with C7 and T1. Here is YOUR solution then (which is also close to mine).

Still smashes thru JFK's spine anyway you slice it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2018, 02:33:55 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #263 on: June 10, 2018, 02:38:23 AM »
Why do I have this feeling that it would be fairly entertaining to have you explain what you think is wrong about my physics? Or why you consider yourself a 'physicist' and any conventionally-accepted definition of the term?

I'm a physicist because I took the time to get a degree in physics, your Wikipedia cut and paste notwithstanding.