Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jack Ruby Walked Down The Main Street Ramp  (Read 19361 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Jack Ruby Walked Down The Main Street Ramp
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2018, 06:02:36 AM »
Advertisement
I have often pondered the accuracy of the 11:17 (am) time-stamp on Jack Ruby's Western Union receipt.

Apparently the WU office clocks were synchronized with the atomic-clock in Washington DC every morning. However that does not make the time-stamp on the receipt precise enough to determine accurately how much time expired between when Jack Ruby left the counter at the WU until he shot Oswald in the basement of City Hall.

Correct me if I'm wrong: The time stamp was not some fancy device that ticked over the minute (and hour) automatically. I assume the clerk looked at the clock just before stamping the receipt and adjusted the stamp if necessary. So 11:17 (am) could be anywhere between 11:17:01 and 11:17:59; if I'm right about the logistics of stamping WU receipts.

Ruby's fluke-timing of being in place to shoot Lee Harvey Oswald might have been an even closer-run thing than previously thought.

That's right, Ross.  I personally believe that Ruby arrived at the bottom of the ramp with mere seconds to spare.  I think that had Ruby arrived earlier, then he would have been seen or recognized by someone and made to leave.  His arrival just seconds before the shooting had a lot to do with him not being quickly recognized and made to leave.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2018, 06:02:36 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2018, 06:11:59 AM »
That's right, Ross.  I personally believe that Ruby arrived at the bottom of the ramp with mere seconds to spare.  I think that had Ruby arrived earlier, then he would have been seen or recognized by someone and made to leave.  His arrival just seconds before the shooting had a lot to do with him not being quickly recognized and made to leave.

Too bad Ruby didn't just 'pie' Oswald, like the SNL 1977 opening skit with Bill Murray as Oswald, allowing him to yell 'Live From New York, it's Saturday Night'
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 06:16:04 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »
After shooting Oswald, Ruby was immediately taken upstairs. He was interrogated for hours. During this time, Sergeant Patrick Dean, Detective Don Archer, Detective Barnard Clardy and Detective Tom McMillan all four heard Ruby say, at that early stage, that he came down the ramp after Pierce drove the car up the ramp.

Just like the official narrative--no supporting evidence in sight.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2018, 06:20:29 PM »

What do you base your opinion on?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 03:46:23 AM »
Never mind the ramp. The theory is that Ruby just happened to be downtown and got a wild hair up his backside and with rage and reaction grabbed his gun and wound his way down to the police basement and fashioned a target on Oswald's belly.
What remains ignored is that Ruby was stalking around the police building the night before ...probably armed and looking for a chance to gun down the accused assassin of JFK. Why else was he be there?

The Ruby was actually stalking Oswald angle was ignored at his trial...by the Warren Commission...and by the main stream press.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 03:46:23 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2019, 04:46:13 AM »
Never mind the ramp. The theory is that Ruby just happened to be downtown and got a wild hair up his backside and with rage and reaction grabbed his gun and wound his way down to the police basement and fashioned a target on Oswald's belly.
What remains ignored is that Ruby was stalking around the police building the night before ...probably armed and looking for a chance to gun down the accused assassin of JFK. Why else was he be there?

The Ruby was actually stalking Oswald angle was ignored at his trial...by the Warren Commission...and by the main stream press.

Jack Ruby had a reputation in Dallas of being "where there was action".

Jack was curious about the President's presumed assassin from early Friday evening of 22 November 1963. Historically, he was a regular attendee at City Hall including the Dallas PD offices. Jack's brother Earl Ruby had visited him in Dallas (pre-1963) and went with him to the Police Department. He heard many Police say "Hi Jack", Hi Jack", Hi Jack" ad infinitum.

Jack Ruby could have killed Oswald at the Midnight Press Conference. Journalist Lonny Hudkins asked Jack why he didn't? Jack reportedly said: "I was afraid of hitting one of you guys".

None of this rules out Jack Ruby entering the Dallas PD basement via the Main Street ramp.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 08:41:58 AM by Ross Lidell »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
Jack was curious about the President's presumed assassin from early Friday evening of 22 November 1963. Historically, he was a regular attendee at City Hall including the Dallas PD offices. Jack's brother Earl Ruby had visited him in Dallas (pre-1963) and went with him to the Police Department. He heard many Police say "Hi Jack", Hi Jack", Hi Jack" ad infinitum.
Most of the cops [& also DA Wade] claimed they didn't even know Jack Ruby ::)
Jack Ruby could have killed Oswald at the Midnight Press Conference. 
Maybe.
None of this rules out Jack Ruby entering the Dallas PD basement via the Main Street ramp.
Probably while the sentry [if there really was one] took a convenient restroom break.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2022, 05:18:17 PM »
Someone called the DPD and said they were going to kill Oswald but whoever took the call just put the phone call into the " that won't happen bin " and just acted like it was a phony call and that Oswald would be safe while under the watchful eyes of the DPD . Wrong ! It's surprising that not only did Ruby get that close to LHO to shoot him but he was putting himself in a very guilty setting as cameras were rolling and of course the picture that was taken of Oswald being shot by Ruby would win the photographer Bob Jackson the Pulitzer prize for photography . For the photographer Ira Jefferson " Jack " Beers Jr. taking the photo 6/10 tenths of second ahead of Jackson's photo , was something he never got over ! Timing is everything ! The police knew Jack Ruby and if someone did see Ruby go down that ramp and saddle up in position to step out and shoot LHO they probably just thought ,oh hell that's just Ruby who liked being in the spotlight , no matter what ! Ruby had gotten in on the midnight covering of Oswald and corrected the police on the naming of " The Fair Play for Cuba " How would Ruby know about the Fair Play for Cuba ?