Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit shooting: How to approach a murder suspect ...  (Read 14412 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Tippit shooting: How to approach a murder suspect ...
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 01:53:57 AM »
Advertisement

Please explain how Tippit (driving east on 10th) could be tailing a man who was walking towards him in a westerly direction.  I can't wait to hear this one.

Markham testified that the man was walking away from her.  This would have the man walking east along 10th.

Oooops...My mistake...   Scoggins ... "I couldn't exactly say whether he was going west or was in the process of turning around, but he was facing west when I saw him."

And Helen Markham said that the man that Tippit was tailing  was walking west.  east.....Which makes the idea that the man was Lee Oswald even more absurd.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 01:53:57 AM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 03:14:22 AM »
Tippit's carelessness got him killed . There was a very good chance that Tippit at least knew one of the guys that shot him that day. It sounds like a plan that just didn't pan out as far as Tippit was concerned.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 04:52:37 AM »
Officer J.D. Tippit told his son that morning, ?No matter what happens today, just remember I love you.? That was the last time his son saw his dad alive.
Now why would JD have said that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 04:52:37 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 05:33:54 AM »
Officer J.D. Tippit told his son that morning, ?No matter what happens today, just remember I love you.? That was the last time his son saw his dad alive.
Now why would JD have said that?

Myth.

Didn't happen.

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »
Bill , when you say "myth."  Didn't happen  ,  referring to what J.D. Tippit might have said to his son on that fateful Friday !  Where did you get that information ?  We have heard so many , Didn't happen , No you are wrong and there is no way that there was a blasted out back of the head on JFK . I think , trying to solve this case is just not ever going to happen as far as the LNer's and CTer's are just so far apart with their thinking . Man , I would hate to hear the rhetoric between us on what happened during 9/11 !!!!!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 05:23:10 PM »
Cop, for whatever reason, decides to stop suspect and talk to him.

Cop asks a few 'cop questions' such as 'where are you coming from/going to'.

Cop, for whatever reason, isn't entirely satisfied. Maybe the suspect seems jittery or the suspect is a wiseass, or tells the cop he's going shoe shopping for his daughter, or to see a movie. Doesn't matter.

Cop decides he's going to get out of his patrol car, search suspect, get ID.

Cop SHOULD have told suspect not to move and to keep his hands where they can be seen.

Suspect knows once Cop finds his weapon he's going to be detained and possibly arrested.

Cop, as he is exiting his vehicle, doesn't keep constant attention on suspect allowing suspect to get the drop on him.

Cop gets no further than the front fender of his vehicle when suspect unloads on him from less than 10 feet away.

Poor dumb cop.

That's exactly what happened.  We will never know with certainty what drew Tippit's attention to Oswald but we know that Brewer found him suspicious as well.  I don't believe Tippit stopped Oswald because he necessarily had any cause to associate him with the assassination per se.  He just found something about his behavior suspect and thought it worth checking out.  Whatever Oswald said didn't satisfy him and he steps out to further investigation.  Oswald has no idea at this point whether he has been identified as a suspect.   He can't risk identifying himself to a police officer.  So he either has to play this out and risk arrest or make his move while he can.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »
That's exactly what happened.  We will never know with certainty what drew Tippit's attention to Oswald but we know that Brewer found him suspicious as well.  I don't believe Tippit stopped Oswald because he necessarily had any cause to associate him with the assassination per se.  He just found something about his behavior suspect and thought it worth checking out.  Whatever Oswald said didn't satisfy him and he steps out to further investigation.  Oswald has no idea at this point whether he has been identified as a suspect.   He can't risk identifying himself to a police officer.  So he either has to play this out and risk arrest or make his move while he can.

How did Oswald get to that area so quickly, if he wasn't helped?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
  Where did you get that information ? [Myth didn't happen]
Dale Myers 'With Malice' states that in his book...a false claim
Another volume of the Warren Commission got it right publication to add to Posner Bugliosi and the others

Links that claim Tippit said that to his son.....
 https://stevenhager420.wordpress.com/tag/j-d-tippit/
https://22novembernetwork.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/the-murder-of-j-d-tippit-by-s-r-dusty-rohde/comment-page-1/
In all fairness I would like to know exactly from who or where the story originated.