Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bobby Nolan's Bullet  (Read 11245 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Bobby Nolan's Bullet
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 03:13:19 AM »
Advertisement
I am by no means convinced that something sinister took place in regard to these fragments, but there is according to Bell a paper she signed that is seemingly missing Then I made as statement that missing evidence tens to be a bit more suspicious that usual given the fact of the generally tendency for things to go missing in this case It certainly it is not evidence of anything

Consider for a second the purpose of a receipt. It's a slip of paper given to someone as a token in exchange for something else as proof that the transaction took place. In this case, Bell (as agent of Parkland Hospital) gave someone an envelope with fragments. Since Bell gave up the bullet/fragments, she should have been given a receipt in return as a token acknowledging and proving that she handed over the fragments.  It would have been the other party's job to generate a receipt and give it to her. In other words, it doesn't really make sense that she would have written out a receipt in this case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 03:13:19 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 06:39:38 AM »
 Tim correct me if I am wrong but the Dallas County Hospital Memorandum you have p[rovided says bullet fragment

It seems this envelope has now been destroyed?

Quoting Audrey Bell

?She independently recalled filling out a receipt on 11/22/63 for the fragments on half-page sized paper with red lettering in the letterhead, which was signed for by one of two men in civilian clothes (whom she thought were Federal agents) who accepted the fragments. She said she personally delivered the original of this receipt to Parkland Hospital Administrator, Jack Price. (ARRB staff promised to try to locate this document, and promised that if located, we would mail her a photocopy for verification purposes.)?

Dr Shires also is quoted that a single bullet or fragment was in the envelope

The FBI reported that the envelope contained a single fragment

http://jfkhistory.com/fbistinson.png

I totally agree with Robert Harris. He proved that Exhibit #399 (the infamous magic bullet) CANNOT be the TRUE bullet that stroke Gov. John Connally. It was Connally himself who totally debunked this hypothesis, when he wrote in his book  ?In History Shadow? (1994)? black on white ? ?the most curious discovery of all took place when they rolled me off the stretcher, and onto the examining table. A metal object fell to the floor, with a click no louder than a wedding band. The nurse picked it up and slipped it into her pocket. It was the bullet from my body, the one that passed through my back, chest and wrist and worked itself loose from my thigh.?

I will say that the stories of those involved are pretty much completely at odds with the story the receipts supposedly tell Initials are kind of borderline in terms of the last word on anything I mist say I am changing my tune on where the preponderance of evidence leads us here

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:03:24 AM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
 Maybe if I have time I will look at some more of this, but is the quote attributed  as being in Connally's  book in there or isn't it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
Maybe if I have time I will look at some more of this, but is the quote attributed  as being in Connally's  book in there or isn't it?

This is Connally on his memories of that day:

"It is no longer possible to say with certitude how much of the race to Parkland Memorial Hospital I remember, and how much I have been told by Nellie, or picked up from watching the news films or reading  the official reports" [In History's Shadow, p12]

"Many of my memories are secondhand. I am missing the most historic minutes of my life." [Ibid, p15]

"This is what I missed, what I would put together from the accounts of those who survived that day in Dallas." [Ibid]

It would be worth quote another part of the book as an example:

"The federal agents, who had been assigned to their own car (called the 'Queen Mary') , jumped out and headed for the front entrance even as some in the crowd were still waving to the President"

We all know that didn't happen. As I told Harris a while back in another forum, Connally's "auto"biography recounts a number of other things in his book that he could not have seen.  The question becomes, how can we filter what Connally directly remembers from what he divined from other sources? The comb to do this is simple enough, as it turns out. In the book, the bits that can be corroborated against Connally's earlier testimony and interviews are stated in first-person active: "I saw...", "I heard...", "I felt....", "I thought", "I knew....". The bits that we know that he could not have experienced himself, like the agents abandoning the Queen Mary for the TSBD front door, are stated in third-person. I doubt that it's a perfect test, but it correlates very well, if you look. So, the first thing to do would be to take the quote that Harris dotes on and apply the comb to it:

"The most curious discovery of all took place when they rolled me off the stretcher, and onto the examining table. A metal object fell to the floor, with a click no louder than a wedding band. The nurse picked it up and slipped it into her pocket. It was the bullet from my body, the one that passed through my back, chest and wrist and worked itself loose from my thigh.? [that's on page 18, BTW]

Looks like the it's stated in the third person, does it not?

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 05:19:04 PM »

"The most curious discovery of all took place when they rolled me off the stretcher, and onto the examining table. A metal object fell to the floor, with a click no louder than a wedding band. The nurse picked it up and slipped it into her pocket. It was the bullet from my body, the one that passed through my back, chest and wrist and worked itself loose from my thigh.? [that's on page 18, BTW]

Looks like the it's stated in the third person, does it not?
[/quote

Maybe It still lends credibility that the event happened ]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 05:19:04 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 05:42:04 PM »
It was Connally himself who totally debunked this hypothesis, when he wrote in his book  ?In History Shadow? (1994)? black on white ? ?

Connally died in 1993.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 05:50:23 PM »

It is in there. Again, I encourage you to read Gary Murr's take on that.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23826-who-was-the-nurse-collecting-the-true-bullet-falling-from-connallys-thigh/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-353255

Matt, are you aware that it is written in Nellie's book  ?From Love Field?  that a nurse handed her a metal object that had fallen from Connally?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 05:50:23 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 08:26:35 PM »
It is in there. Again, I encourage you to read Gary Murr's take on that.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23826-who-was-the-nurse-collecting-the-true-bullet-falling-from-connallys-thigh/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-353255

Matt, are you aware that it is written in Nellie's book  ?From Love Field?  that a nurse handed her a metal object that had fallen from Connally?

I read it and for me, it didn't seem to add anything I had not already heard Unless it is reference to the idea to the book in question It sounds like there was a posthumous editor?