Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bobby Nolan's Bullet  (Read 11240 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Bobby Nolan's Bullet
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 12:52:11 AM »
Advertisement
It's called accountability

The question was, 'How much of that problem is actually due to lost evidence, and how much is just lost memories?' Care to try another answer without resorting to a non-sequitur?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 12:52:11 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 01:09:19 AM »
The question was, 'How much of that problem is actually due to lost evidence, and how much is just lost memories?' Care to try another answer without resorting to a non-sequitur?

By the way your question makes no sense Lost memories? They don't remember where they put it? That implies s chain of custody is not a responsibility of the authorizes. Thus memory is not part of the equation Your question is a non sequitir

Even though I think I now understand your question in a different light I am letting the previous paragraph stand If you had wanted to say that perhaps it was the case that Bell had a false memory fine But it is this tactic of placing such questions seems like a tactic of LN to somehow put the onus on the opposing side to be responsible for answering questions impossible questions Pleas do not treat this as some capitulation since it is certainly not
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:01:51 PM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 03:53:15 AM »
It's called accountability

What exactly do you mean? Should Bobby Nolan , and others like him, be held accountable for faulty memory of something that they were involved in fifty years ago? Please clarify what you mean.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 03:53:15 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »
What exactly do you mean? Should Bobby Nolan , and others like him, be held accountable for faulty memory of something that they were involved in fifty years ago? Please clarify what you mean.

My understanding is that law enforcement is tasked with certain protocols in terms of the chain of custody of evidence and the protection evidence. They are accountable to do so

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
How much of that problem is actually due to lost evidence, and how much is just lost memories?

Maybe this question is supposed to mean that the memories our false and no such document ever existed? Not very well spelled out if that is what you meant IMO. If there wasn't the incredible record of lost evidence and outright deception it might be worth considering a witness It is not a matter of forgetting but rather a delusional memory of something that according to your theory never happened

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »
  My understanding is that law enforcement is tasked with certain protocols in terms of the chain of custody of evidence and the protection evidence. They are accountable to do so

Ok, who is to say that the protocols were not followed at the time? Nolan took possession of the fragments and signed a receipt for them as well as initialed the envelope that contained them.. That more than satisfies his link in any chain of custody that might be required. Those four fragments were "Bobby Nolan's Bullet".

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 01:05:17 AM »
Ok, who is to say that the protocols were not followed at the time? Nolan took possession of the fragments and signed a receipt for them as well as initialed the envelope that contained them.. That more than satisfies his link in any chain of custody that might be required. Those four fragments were "Bobby Nolan's Bullet".

I am by no means convinced that something sinister took place in regard to these fragments, but there is according to Bell a paper she signed that is seemingly missing Then I made as statement that missing evidence tens to be a bit more suspicious that usual given the fact of the generally tendency for things to go missing in this case It certainly it is not evidence of anything

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 01:05:17 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 03:00:20 AM »
Maybe this question is supposed to mean that the memories our false and no such document ever existed? Not very well spelled out if that is what you meant IMO. If there wasn't the incredible record of lost evidence and outright deception it might be worth considering a witness It is not a matter of forgetting but rather a delusional memory of something that according to your theory never happened

Go back to what I've said about the envelope. Nolan and Bell both identified their writing on the CE842 envelope. She said that she only handed out bullet fragments once. He said that he was visited by the copper n' lead fairy only once.  Given the envelope, the writing on the envelope and Bell and Nolan's accounts of participating in exactly one exchange, the only conclusion is that Bell filled out CE842 and handed it to Nolan. Their handwriting is what ties them together that day, no matter how they may have remembered it 15-50 years later.