Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bobby Nolan's Bullet  (Read 10944 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: Bobby Nolan's Bullet
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »
Advertisement
Nope, it wasn't recovered from Connally's gurney and I'm not willing to give the LNers a mulligan for this. The MB is the smoking gun of the coup. It's preposterous to think the MB just showed up on the wrong gurney in pristine condition. And if another LNer tells me the MB wasn't in pristine condition when it magically showed up, I'm gonna wretch. The fortuitous path of the MB stretches our credulity to biblical  proportions. Especially when the FMJ bullet for the head shot inexplicably exploded.

Not really sure what your point is other than the MB,

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
Nolan had a poor memory, as is evidenced in the YouTube interview.

There are lots of inconsistencies and I would suggest they do not all just magically fall on Nolan

When shown an FBI FD-302 dated November 23,1963 (Agency File Number 000919, Record # 180-l 0090-10270), she felt it was inaccurate in two respects: it quotes her as turning over ?the metal fragment (singular),? whereas she is positive it was multiple fragments - it says she turned over the fragment to a Texas State Trooper, whereas she recalls turning it over to plainclothes Federal agents who were either FBI or Secret Service.

To corroborate her denial, Bell suggested that they look at the receipt she was required to fill out, which she had passed on to Parkland administrator, Jack Price. Of course, that receipt had to have been confiscated by the FBI, since it was critical to confirming the chain of custody. This is more from MD184,

She independently recalled filling out a receipt on 1l/22/63 for the fragments, on half-page sized paper with red lettering in the letterhead, which was signed for by one of two men in civilian clothes (whom she thought were Federal agents) who accepted the fragments. She said she personally delivered the original of this receipt to Parkland Hospital Administrator Jack Price. (ARRB staff promised to try to locate this document, and promised that if located, we would mail her a photocopy for verification purposes.)

But according to the National Archives, there is no record of the ARRB ever finding that receipt and the Archives were not able to find it either. So Bell's receipt, which would have confirmed the name of at least one of the men she gave the envelope to, and which had to have been taken by the FBI, seems to have evaporated.

So there is your missing receipt

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 12:34:36 AM »
There are lots of inconsistencies and I would suggest they do not all just magically fall on Nolan

When shown an FBI FD-302 dated November 23,1963 (Agency File Number 000919, Record # 180-l 0090-10270), she felt it was inaccurate in two respects: it quotes her as turning over ?the metal fragment (singular),? whereas she is positive it was multiple fragments - it says she turned over the fragment to a Texas State Trooper, whereas she recalls turning it over to plainclothes Federal agents who were either FBI or Secret Service.

To corroborate her denial, Bell suggested that they look at the receipt she was required to fill out, which she had passed on to Parkland administrator, Jack Price. Of course, that receipt had to have been confiscated by the FBI, since it was critical to confirming the chain of custody. This is more from MD184,

She independently recalled filling out a receipt on 1l/22/63 for the fragments, on half-page sized paper with red lettering in the letterhead, which was signed for by one of two men in civilian clothes (whom she thought were Federal agents) who accepted the fragments. She said she personally delivered the original of this receipt to Parkland Hospital Administrator Jack Price. (ARRB staff promised to try to locate this document, and promised that if located, we would mail her a photocopy for verification purposes.)

But according to the National Archives, there is no record of the ARRB ever finding that receipt and the Archives were not able to find it either. So Bell's receipt, which would have confirmed the name of at least one of the men she gave the envelope to, and which had to have been taken by the FBI, seems to have evaporated.

So there is your missing receipt

Bell acknowledged that the envelope is filled out in her hand. Bobby Nolan has likewise acknowledged that the "B.M.N." on the envelope is his doing. Both Nolan and Bell testified to one exchange: Nolan never claimed that he was twice visited by a nurse bearing gifts, nor did Bell claim that she gave out two different sets of evidence.

As the movie poster said, there can only be one. And that one is marked by both Bell and Nolan.

BTW, if you listen to the ARRB interview with Bell, at one point, either Gunn or Horne mention that an ARRB staffer wrote in a memo that he found the receipt in the archives at Parkland. I'm not sure how, or if, it panned out.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 12:34:36 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 01:35:01 AM »
Bell acknowledged that the envelope is filled out in her hand. Bobby Nolan has likewise acknowledged that the "B.M.N." on the envelope is his doing. Both Nolan and Bell testified to one exchange: Nolan never claimed that he was twice visited by a nurse bearing gifts, nor did Bell claim that she gave out two different sets of evidence.

As the movie poster said, there can only be one. And that one is marked by both Bell and Nolan.

BTW, if you listen to the ARRB interview with Bell, at one point, either Gunn or Horne mention that an ARRB staffer wrote in a memo that he found the receipt in the archives at Parkland. I'm not sure how, or if, it panned out.   

The record overall is not to good on lost evidence, but hey you stuck with facts on this post

Sorry Mitch I saw that profile picture and my mind just plugged in Richard Smith No wonder it didn't sound like him So please disregard the last part of the previous sentence
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:50:52 PM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 03:41:38 AM »

Mitch, It was Joe Freeman who wrote that memo. He was no longer with the ARRB and Gunn said in the interview that they would try to track down the copy of the receipt that the memo referred to. I don't know if they found it but Gary Murr did. Freeman's memo noted that the handwriting on the receipt appeared to be the same as that on the envelope.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 03:41:38 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 05:49:47 AM »
The record overall is not to good on lost evidence, but hey you stuck with facts on this post

How much of that problem is actually due to lost evidence, and how much is just lost memories?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 05:57:26 AM »
How much of that problem is actually due to lost evidence, and how much is just lost memories?

Ah! yes! thanks to Gary for finding it and to you for bringing it to my attention!

I went over to the thread on the Ed Forum and found that the thread in question had been infested by Bob Harris. At least I now know where he'd R-U-N-N-O-F-T to.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 05:57:26 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »

It's called accountability