Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Bobby Nolan's Bullet  (Read 837 times)

Online Matt Grantham

Bobby Nolan's Bullet
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:52:34 AM »
 Here is  a link to the story of Dallas Highway patrolman Bobby Nolan, who was given of sealed envelope of what he was told was a bullet, at Parkland Hospital, and was instructed to give it to Captain Fritz Which he did. There are a couple of You Tube videos of him as well

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

JFK Assassination Forum

Bobby Nolan's Bullet
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:52:34 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Bobby Nolan's Bullet
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:33:32 AM »
Here is  a link to the story of Dallas Highway patrolman Bobby Nolan, who was given of sealed envelope of what he was told was a bullet, at Parkland Hospital, and was instructed to give it to Captain Fritz Which he did. There are a couple of You Tube videos of him as well

Matt, Bobby M Nolan received from Nurse Audrey Bell the bullet fragments that had been removed from Connally's wrist. Nolan's initial are on the envelope. There's also a receipt of the transfer from Audrey Bell to Nolan that both of them signed.

Online Matt Grantham

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 05:42:48 AM »
Matt, Bobby M Nolan received from Nurse Audrey Bell the bullet fragments that had been removed from Connally's wrist. Nolan's initial are on the envelope. There's also a receipt of the transfer from Audrey Bell to Nolan that both of them signed.

According to Nolan the nurse said a bullet  It is my understanding no receipt exists
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:46:48 AM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 05:46:36 AM »
According to Nolan the nurse said a bullet and he estimated it to be two by three inches It is my understanding no receipt exists

He estimated what to be two by three inches? The envelope?

The receipt exists? Or at least a copy of it does.

Online Matt Grantham

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:48:13 AM »
 The quote does not specify that so I did edit it out of my post seems like he kept pretty quiet about estimating its size or weight

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:48:13 AM »

Online Matt Grantham

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 05:49:59 AM »
He estimated what to be two by three inches? The envelope?

The receipt exists? Or at least a copy of it does.

Quote from Nolan

I was talking to a man who was one of governor Connally's aides. His name was - I think it was either Stinton or Stimmons (Bill Stinson). And he was an aide to the Governor. And she came up and told him that she had the bullet that came off of the gurney. Now I don't know what gurney. I think they meant Governor Connally's gurney. And she said, "What do you want me to do with it?" He and I were just sitting there in the hallway talking to me and said, "Give it to him"

The nurse who spoke to district attorney Wade and gave an envelope to Nolan could not have been Audrey Bell. Three men, Governor Connally, DA Henry Wade, and officer Bobby Nolan, all confirmed that this nurse recovered a bullet from Connally's gurney and then showed it to Wade, before turning it over to officer Nolan. The envelope Bell processed, was given to an FBI agent, which is why it was never delivered to the Dallas police department, or at least, why there is no surviving record that it was.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:57:20 AM by Matt Grantham »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:59:30 AM »
Quote from Nolan

I was talking to a man who was one of governor Connally's aides. His name was - I think it was either Stinton or Stimmons (Bill Stinson). And he was an aide to the Governor. And she came up and told him that she had the bullet that came off of the gurney. Now I don't know what gurney. I think they meant Governor Connally's gurney. And she said, "What do you want me to do with it?" He and I were just sitting there in the hallway talking to me and said, "Give it to him"

Nolan had a poor memory, as is evidenced in the YouTube interview.

Offline Jack Trojan

• Thomas Arthur Vallee
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 06:09:19 AM »
The nurse who spoke to district attorney Wade and gave an envelope to Nolan could not have been Audrey Bell. Three men, Governor Connally, DA Henry Wade, and officer Bobby Nolan, all confirmed that this nurse recovered a bullet from Connally's gurney and then showed it to Wade, before turning it over to officer Nolan.

Nope, it wasn't recovered from Connally's gurney and I'm not willing to give the LNers a mulligan for this. The MB is the smoking gun of the coup. It's preposterous to think the MB just showed up on the wrong gurney in pristine condition. And if another LNer tells me the MB wasn't in pristine condition when it magically showed up, I'm gonna wretch. The fortuitous path of the MB stretches our credulity to biblical  proportions. Especially when the FMJ bullet for the head shot inexplicably exploded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 06:09:19 AM »

Online Matt Grantham

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »
Nope, it wasn't recovered from Connally's gurney and I'm not willing to give the LNers a mulligan for this. The MB is the smoking gun of the coup. It's preposterous to think the MB just showed up on the wrong gurney in pristine condition. And if another LNer tells me the MB wasn't in pristine condition when it magically showed up, I'm gonna wretch. The fortuitous path of the MB stretches our credulity to biblical  proportions. Especially when the FMJ bullet for the head shot inexplicably exploded.

Not really sure what your point is other than the MB,

Online Matt Grantham

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
Nolan had a poor memory, as is evidenced in the YouTube interview.

There are lots of inconsistencies and I would suggest they do not all just magically fall on Nolan

When shown an FBI FD-302 dated November 23,1963 (Agency File Number 000919, Record # 180-l 0090-10270), she felt it was inaccurate in two respects: it quotes her as turning over “the metal fragment (singular),” whereas she is positive it was multiple fragments - it says she turned over the fragment to a Texas State Trooper, whereas she recalls turning it over to plainclothes Federal agents who were either FBI or Secret Service.

To corroborate her denial, Bell suggested that they look at the receipt she was required to fill out, which she had passed on to Parkland administrator, Jack Price. Of course, that receipt had to have been confiscated by the FBI, since it was critical to confirming the chain of custody. This is more from MD184,

She independently recalled filling out a receipt on 1l/22/63 for the fragments, on half-page sized paper with red lettering in the letterhead, which was signed for by one of two men in civilian clothes (whom she thought were Federal agents) who accepted the fragments. She said she personally delivered the original of this receipt to Parkland Hospital Administrator Jack Price. (ARRB staff promised to try to locate this document, and promised that if located, we would mail her a photocopy for verification purposes.)

But according to the National Archives, there is no record of the ARRB ever finding that receipt and the Archives were not able to find it either. So Bell's receipt, which would have confirmed the name of at least one of the men she gave the envelope to, and which had to have been taken by the FBI, seems to have evaporated.

So there is your missing receipt

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »