Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Limo Bullet Fragments....  (Read 19615 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: The Limo Bullet Fragments....
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2018, 09:11:47 PM »
Advertisement
Experience and commonsense...
I prefer evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2018, 09:11:47 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2018, 09:21:28 PM »
I prefer evidence.

No....You prefer fantasies ....  cuz it makes you feel comfortable and secure...  A nasty little commie, and arch villain did it and that  something you can accept.   

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »

Yarborough was interviewed by the Houston Post and attributed this quote to him in a Nov 22/63 story:

"A few instants after the shots, Yarborough said, the President's car spurted ahead at a very high rate of speed, with a Secret Service agent lying on the back of it, and beating his fist on the back of the car, as if in great despair and anger. Yarborough said he could smell gunpowder in the area of the shooting. 'I could smell powder all the way into the hospital,' he said."

The ?smell of gunpowder? witnesses have to be considered the most unreliable of witnesses. The firing took place in the outdoors, with consist winds of 10 to 15 mph. One cannot expect anyone to smell gunpower, even if they were standing just downwind of someone firing a weapon, unless, perhaps, they were a Louisiana bloodhound.

Under some circumstances, gunpowder can be smelled. When shots are fired indoors, at an indoor firing range. Or outside, on a still day, when one is standing near the weapon being fired.

Some of the witnesses had been around gunfire before. And had smelled gunfire, under ideal conditions, outside, on a still day with little or no wind, while very near the person who had fired a gun. So, when they heard the shots on November 22, expected to smell the gun smoke. And did smell the gun smoke, in their minds.

Yarborough?s account is not to be believed, unless one thinks there was a constant gun battle all the way to the Parkland hospital several miles away over the course of several minutes.

And if Yarborough could smell the gun smoke from several miles away at the Parkland hospital, then I suppose one could smell the sixth floor from any location in Dealey Plaza. Although, of course, neither was possible.

With hundreds of witnesses at Dealey Plaza, we should expect several mistaken witnesses reporting the smell of gun smoke. It would be surprising if we had none. And a clue that this is so is that the witnesses who smelled gun smoke were far apart from each other, not concentrated at one spot, if there was a shot from somewhere that somehow caused gun smoke to be concentrated in one small area where it would be possible to smell gun smoke that was not too diluted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »

Here is more information about the smelling of gunpowder.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/smell.htm

Judging from the wide spread of the ?smell of gunpowder? witnesses, it seems obvious that one cannot use them to locate the source of the shots.

Question:

Can anyone quote some sort of gun expert, who states that gun smoke can be smelled, outdoors, even with the wind blowing 10 to 15 mph, as a result of less than a dozen rifle shots?

And can do so from 50 or more yards away if the wind is blowing in a favorable direction.

We just need one quote. Something. Anything.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 01:26:55 AM »
Here is more information about the smelling of gunpowder.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/smell.htm

Judging from the wide spread of the ?smell of gunpowder? witnesses, it seems obvious that one cannot use them to locate the source of the shots.

Question:

Can anyone quote some sort of gun expert, who states that gun smoke can be smelled, outdoors, even with the wind blowing 10 to 15 mph, as a result of less than a dozen rifle shots?

And can do so from 50 or more yards away if the wind is blowing in a favorable direction.

We just need one quote. Something. Anything.

According to a car dude online, gasoline can smell like gunpowder at times and said that the heavy limo could have produced the smell by being suddenly gunned into a higher speed. I didn't pursue that because I couldn't find anything else online supporting that notion. I might have that particular article in my files. Maybe look at the smells produced by motorcycles as well. And I doubt if everybody has exactly the same perception of odors.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:01:25 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 01:26:55 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 01:52:52 AM »

According to a car dude online, gasoline can smell like gunpowder at times and said that the heavy limo could have produced the smell by being suddenly gunned into a higher speed. I didn't pursue that because I couldn't find anything else online supporting that notion. I might have that particular article in my files. Maybe look at the smells produced by motorcycles as well. And I doubt if everybody has exactly the same perception of odors.

Yes, and I would be interested in anyone smelling gunpowder, or gasoline fumes that smell like gunpowder, or just plain old gasoline fumes, outside while the wind is blowing at 10 to 15 mph.

No counting anyone standing in an oil refinery or in the midst of an artillery battalion.

I suppose detecting gasoline fumes might be possible, even with the wind, considering a lot more gasoline fumes would have been generated than gunpowder fumes, even if there were ten shooters.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:36 PM »
A SE wind is one coming from the soutb-east.

Ok, where did the get the idea that a wind coming from the southeast would blow towards the TSBD?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 11:16:26 PM »

Hold on there, Sparky.

Give the forum some details of your theory that the frags were planted and/or switched.

So far, all we have is your contention that the chain of custody doesn't measure up.

Did the FBI/SS conspirators have some fragments from a bullet fired by C2766 laying around and think 'let's plant/substitute them into the evidence' ?

Kind of a leap to go from 'the chain of custody isn't satisfactory' to 'the fragments were planted or substituted'.

You have any evidence the fragments in evidence were planted or switched or do you just have a need to play bald Perry Mason defending Saint Oz the Patsy ?

Quit blowing smoke and tell the forum how and when and by whom the planting/switching was done.

WHO KNEW WHACKING THE KOOKS AND THE SAINT OZ DEFENSE TEAM WITH A CLUE BAT COULD BE SUCH FUN ?

Yawn....

Howard's usual strawman/shift the burden/insult schtick.

Can you prove the C2766 rifle was fired that day or not?