Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The Magic Bullet  (Read 21031 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

• You only receive flak when you are over the target
Re: The Magic Bullet
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2018, 03:44:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Show us where there was a need for a bullet to be magic...

Show us where a bullet could do what was claimed and still remain intact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2018, 03:44:32 AM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2018, 06:03:35 AM »
Show us where a bullet could do what was claimed and still remain intact.

This one: Full Metal Jacket

Impact characteristics

[EXCERPT]

"By design, fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding, and possibly failing to disable the target. Furthermore, a projectile that goes completely through a target can cause unintentional damage* downrange of the target".

--------------------------------------------------

*Seems to me JBC was the one 'unintentionally damaged'... being 'downrange of the target' and all.

Is this intact to you?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:10:47 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Paul Ernst

• Semper peratus semper idem
« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2018, 06:43:13 AM »
There are a lot of things wrong with the SBT including this photo, but the shot entering the upper back, and exiting the throat under the tie is not one of them. You appear to put the exit point under the chin. That may be how you would wear a tie, but it is not where JFK had his tie knot.. JFK was also not sitting with his back against the seat back. As seen in the Croft photo, he was leaning a bit forward.

Andrew I followed the line of the mine protter!!!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:45:48 AM by Paul Ernst »

Offline Gary Craig

• The human mind is our fundamental resource. JFK
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2018, 12:47:53 AM »

Impact characteristics

[EXCERPT]

"By design, fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding, and possibly failing to disable the target. Furthermore, a projectile that goes completely through a target can cause unintentional damage* downrange of the target".

*Seems to me JBC was the one 'unintentionally damaged'... being 'downrange of the target' and all.

Is this intact to you?

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »

Impact characteristics

[EXCERPT]

Is this intact to you?

Seems to me that you are a maroon....You obviously don't understand what you posted...

"fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding,"

Are you aware that JFK was "SEVERELY WOUNDED"   ....Do you actually believe the bullet that blew half his head away was a FMJ projectile???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #395 on: August 11, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »

Seems to me that you are a maroon....You obviously don't understand what you posted...

"fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding,"

Are you aware that JFK was "SEVERELY WOUNDED"   ....Do you actually believe the bullet that blew half his head away was a FMJ projectile???

Show us where I addressed the head shot in my post.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #396 on: August 11, 2018, 01:44:55 AM »
Show us where I addressed the head shot in my post.

So now you;re proposing that the massive wound on JFK's head was not made by an FMJ....  Do I have that right Chappie?

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #397 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:06 AM »

Four were aimed elsewhere

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #397 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:06 AM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #398 on: August 11, 2018, 04:20:16 AM »
So now you;re proposing that the massive wound on JFK's head was not made by an FMJ....  Do I have that right Chappie?

Huh? Where did I say that?

Online Andrew Mason

« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »
Andrew I followed the line of the mine protter!!!

So then, why did you place the other red dot on the back?  I assumed you were trying to show the actual entrance and exit points on the body.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »