Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Magic Bullet  (Read 94024 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: The Magic Bullet
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2018, 12:41:31 AM »
Advertisement
He was arrested for the shooting of Officer Tippit, not JFK.  Are you saying there was not enough evidence to arrest him for the murder of Officer Tippit?  Or are you saying there was no evidence at all?

Andrew, Oswald punched officer McDonald. That alone was sufficient cause for arrest.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2018, 12:41:31 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2018, 02:28:27 PM »
Andrew, Oswald punched officer McDonald. That alone was sufficient cause for arrest.
He could have been arrested for entering the theater without paying.  He not only punched the arresting officer, he pulled his gun on him and during the struggle in which he resisted being arrested, he tried to fire the gun as he said "Well, its over now".  The police were looking for a man in that area with a gun who fit Oswald's description. More than enough evidence already to arrest him.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »
He was arrested for the shooting of Officer Tippit, not JFK.

He was arrested for both.

Are you saying there was not enough evidence to arrest him for the murder of Officer Tippit?  Or are you saying there was no evidence at all?

That's exactly what I'm saying.  What evidence did they have at the time of his arrest that he had anything to do with either murder?  Because a shoe salesman thought he looked funny?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »

It's debatable whether he actually punched McDonald.  But it doesn't matter, because he wasn't arrested for punching McDonald.  The arrest report doesn't mention that at all.  The box for "officer(s) injured" isn't even checked.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »
He could have been arrested for entering the theater without paying.  He not only punched the arresting officer, he pulled his gun on him and during the struggle in which he resisted being arrested, he tried to fire the gun as he said "Well, its over now".

There's no evidence that he "pulled his gun on him" or "tried to fire the gun".  How many times are you going to repeat those myths?

The police were looking for a man in that area with a gun who fit Oswald's description. More than enough evidence already to arrest him.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the concept of "probable cause".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:16:58 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2018, 05:43:48 PM »
He was arrested for both.

That's exactly what I'm saying.  What evidence did they have at the time of his arrest that he had anything to do with either murder?  Because a shoe salesman thought he looked funny?

Funny 'strange' or funny 'ha-ha', John? The distinction is importart in this situation. You seem to be belittling the use of the word so as to mock the observation of an alert citizen.

Maybe put yourself in Brewer's shoes* for a moment and think about which use of the word would be the more reasonable, given the gravity of the situation.

*Yeah, I know, eh?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:47:20 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »
Funny 'strange' or funny 'ha-ha', John? The distinction is importart in this situation. You seem to be belittling the use of the word so as to mock the observation of an alert citizen.

Maybe put yourself in Brewer's shoes* for a moment and think about which use of the word would be the more reasonable, given the gravity of the situation.

*Yeah, I know, eh?

I'm not "belittling" Brewer, I'm saying that doesn't constitute probable cause for the police to search, beat up, and arrest somebody for murder.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »
It's debatable whether he actually punched McDonald.  But it doesn't matter, because he wasn't arrested for punching McDonald.  The arrest report doesn't mention that at all.  The box for "officer(s) injured" isn't even checked.

See any other boxes checked there, John?