Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The Magic Bullet  (Read 26294 times)

Online Walt Cakebread

Re: The Magic Bullet
« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This one: Full Metal Jacket

Impact characteristics

[EXCERPT]

"By design, fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding, and possibly failing to disable the target. Furthermore, a projectile that goes completely through a target can cause unintentional damage* downrange of the target".

--------------------------------------------------

*Seems to me JBC was the one 'unintentionally damaged'... being 'downrange of the target' and all.

Is this intact to you?

*Seems to me JBC was the one 'unintentionally damaged'... being 'downrange of the target' and all.

Seems to me that you are a maroon....You obviously don't understand what you posted...

"fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding,"

Are you aware that JFK was "SEVERELY WOUNDED"   ....Do you actually believe the bullet that blew half his head away was a FMJ projectile???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »

Seems to me that you are a maroon....You obviously don't understand what you posted...

"fully jacketed projectiles have less capacity to expand after contact with the target than a hollow-point projectile. While this can be an advantage when engaging in targets behind cover, it can also be a disadvantage as an FMJ bullet may pierce completely through a target, leading to less severe wounding,"

Are you aware that JFK was "SEVERELY WOUNDED"   ....Do you actually believe the bullet that blew half his head away was a FMJ projectile???

Show us where I addressed the head shot in my post.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2018, 01:44:55 AM »
Show us where I addressed the head shot in my post.

So now you;re proposing that the massive wound on JFK's head was not made by an FMJ....  Do I have that right Chappie?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:06 AM »

Four were aimed elsewhere

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2018, 04:20:16 AM »
So now you;re proposing that the massive wound on JFK's head was not made by an FMJ....  Do I have that right Chappie?

Huh? Where did I say that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2018, 04:20:16 AM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »
Andrew I followed the line of the mine protter!!!

So then, why did you place the other red dot on the back?  I assumed you were trying to show the actual entrance and exit points on the body.

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

Thatís because he was shot in the brain.

The non-severe woundings bit refers to bullets maintaining structural integrity through other parts of the body, usually the torso, which end of leaving focal, less serious and more easily treatable wounds than the explosive, diffuse and sometimes inoperable destruction left by hollow points.

The best you can hope for after being shot in the brain is not having too drastic behavioural or personality changes. 

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2018, 10:50:53 PM »

The non-severe woundings bit refers to bullets maintaining structural integrity through other parts of the body, usually the torso, which end of leaving focal, less serious and more easily treatable wounds than the explosive, diffuse and sometimes inoperable destruction left by hollow points.

The best you can hope for after being shot in the brain is not having too drastic behavioural or personality changes.

You're FOS....Many soldiers were shot through the head with military FMJ bullets and survived...some with no ill effects from the wound.

I have a friend who was shot through the head in Vietnam and he is perfectly normal...

As the article YOU posted says....FMJ bullets can pass right through a persons body and cause little damage.....JFK was not hit in the head by a FMJ bullet.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2018, 10:50:53 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

• Zapruder Frames
« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2018, 12:55:59 AM »
You're FOS....Many soldiers were shot through the head with military FMJ bullets and survived...some with no ill effects from the wound.
The Vietnam Head Injury Study: "the low velocity penetrating fragment wounds typically sustained resulted in relatively focal defects". Something like shrapnel and handguns. Seems they couldn't find many who survived the bullet from a high-velocity sniper rifle.

I have a friend who was shot through the head in Vietnam and he is perfectly normal...

As the article YOU posted says....FMJ bullets can pass right through a persons body and cause little damage.....JFK was not hit in the head by a FMJ bullet.....
Could be your friend's helmet stopped the bullet and a metal chip from the helmet then went through the brain.

Offline Gary Craig

• The human mind is our fundamental resource. JFK
« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2018, 01:01:25 AM »

If JFK had been shot through the neck with a bullet traveling @ 2700 fps from the TSBD Carcano as the WC

claimed, the shock wave created by that bullet would blown out a large hole in the front of his neck.

The doctors at Parkland described a 3 to 5 mm clean cut wound of entrance.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2018, 01:01:25 AM »