Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 350488 times)

Online John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1944 on: September 30, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »
Advertisement
I disagree.....Doris Burns testified that Mr Wilson was standing behind the window of his office in the SE corner,  on the third floor, of the TSBD DURING the shooting.....

No she did not.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1944 on: September 30, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1945 on: May 05, 2021, 07:09:55 PM »
So Bill. Using your assumed timeline, and I think it's pretty accurate, then we can also make the assumption that the shooter was approached by Tippet at approximately 1:13pm. Keeping in mind that there was a discussion between the shooter and Tippet that maybe took a minute, maybe more, and then there was the actual shooting that maybe took 15 to 30 seconds. So if Tippets car approached the shooter at 1:13PM, the REAL question would be could Oswald have been able to walk from the rooming house to the shooting scene by 1:13PM. Given what the housekeeper gave as the time that Oswald left the rooming house, I'm not so sure that he could have made it to the scene in that amount of time on foot alone.

Hi Dale.  I don't recall if I responded to this post or not.  This thread got caught up in a lot of political debate for many pages.

In my opinion (based on eyewitness descriptions), Tippit and Oswald carry on a conversation for less than thirty seconds.  The shooting itself probably took less than five seconds (and is therefore irrelevant when discussing a timeline).

Ted Callaway is at the patrol car reporting the shooting at 1:19 and his description of his actions tells us that he's at that patrol car probably three minutes after the shots rang out.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1946 on: May 05, 2021, 07:28:54 PM »
Hi Dale.  I don't recall if I responded to this post or not.  This thread got caught up in a lot of political debate for many pages.

In my opinion (based on eyewitness descriptions), Tippit and Oswald carry on a conversation for less than thirty seconds.  The shooting itself probably took less than five seconds (and is therefore irrelevant when discussing a timeline).

Ted Callaway is at the patrol car reporting the shooting at 1:19 and his description of his actions tells us that he's at that patrol car probably three minutes after the shots rang out.

Bill Brown will never agree to this, but a preponderance of evidence points conclusive to Tippit being killed before 1:10 PM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1946 on: May 05, 2021, 07:28:54 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1947 on: May 05, 2021, 07:42:33 PM »

Bill Brown will never agree to this, but a preponderance of evidence points conclusive to Tippit being killed before 1:10 PM

So it took over nine minutes for Callaway make his way over to the sidewalk on Patton after hearing the shots, watch the killer run down Patton to Jefferson, then make his (Callaway's) "good hard run" less than a block up to the corner of Tenth and Patton, make his way to the patrol car and grab the mic to report the shooting.

No way did that take him nine minutes.

Your mistaken "preponderance of evidence" has Tippit's body lying in the street for over six minutes before anyone reports it.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1948 on: May 05, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »
So it took over nine minutes for Callaway make his way over to the sidewalk on Patton after hearing the shots, watch the killer run down Patton to Jefferson, then make his (Callaway's) "good hard run" less than a block up to the corner of Tenth and Patton, make his way to the patrol car and grab the mic to report the shooting.

No way did that take him nine minutes.

Your mistaken "preponderance of evidence" has Tippit's body lying in the street for over six minutes before anyone reports it.

No, no mistakes. It just didn't take Callaway nine minutes to get to the scene. It took him 3.

You're the one who is mistaken by clinging desperately to the times of the DPD radio transcripts, despite the fact that the man in charge of the DPD dispatchers told the HSCA that the time calls were made using clocks that were not accurate and did not represent real time.

Two quotes from the same page: http://www.jfk-online.com/bowles1.html#set

A master clock on the telephone room wall was connected to the City Hall system. This clock reported "official" time. Within the dispatcher's office there were numerous other time giving and time recording devices, both in the telephone room and in the radio room. Telephone operators and radio operators were furnished "Simplex" clocks. Because the hands often worked loose, they indicated the incorrect time. However, their purpose was to stamp the time, day and date on incoming calls. While they were reliable at this, they were not synchronized as stated in the Committee report. Therefore, it was not uncommon for the time stamped on calls to be a minute to two ahead or behind the "official" time shown on the master clock. Accordingly, at "exactly" 10:10, various clocks could be stamping from 10:08 to 10:12, for example. When clocks were as much as a minute or so out of synchronization it was normal procedure to make the needed adjustments. During busy periods this was not readily done.

There is no way to connect "police time" with "real time." The Committee Report stated that the Dallas Police Communications system was recorded by continuously operating recorders. That statement is incorrect. Channel 1 was recorded on a Dictaphone A2TC, Model 5, belt or loop recorder. Channel 2 was recorded on a Gray "Audograph" flat disk recorder. Both were duplex units with one recording and one on standby for when the other unit contained a full recording. Both units were sound activated.

No it hasn't and you know it. In fact it has Tippit being collected by an ambulance within about 3 minutes after the shooting, with Callaway helping, and getting him to the Methodist Hospital where he was declared dead at 1:15 PM. But you know all this from our previous discussion of the subject and just like then you simply do not want to look at the evidence honestly.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:02:24 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1948 on: May 05, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1949 on: May 06, 2021, 11:44:26 AM »
No it hasn't and you know it. In fact it has Tippit being collected by an ambulance within about 3 minutes after the shooting, with Callaway helping, and getting him to the Methodist Hospital where he was declared dead at 1:15 PM. But you know all this from our previous discussion of the subject and just like then you simply do not want to look at the evidence honestly.

I "know all this from our previous discussion"?  Laughable.  You have no idea where I know "all of this" from.

Anyway, you were wrong about all of that back then just as you are wrong about all of it right now.

Unless, of course, you wish to post it again along with a little extra this time to help make your case.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1950 on: May 06, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »
I "know all this from our previous discussion"?  Laughable.  You have no idea where I know "all of this" from.

Anyway, you were wrong about all of that back then just as you are wrong about all of it right now.

Unless, of course, you wish to post it again along with a little extra this time to help make your case.

What BS is this? Why are you being so dishonest? Did you "forget" our conversation about where Callaway was standing when he encountered the man with the revolver running down Patton. That discussion was part of the time line I had prepared and you were desperately trying to extend the time Callaway needed to get to the scene, after the shots, by a few seconds. It's all on this board, so why are you pretending to be ignorant?

Even more so, when you tell me I was wrong back then. What would that "back then" be, other than the discussion I just mentioned.

And of course you are telling me that I am wrong, because you will never ever agree to anything that does not compute with your fairytale story of the events and you will ever ever honestly discuss or even listen to a coherent narrative build on corroborative witness statements, day 1 documents and factual information.

Why would I waste my time by posting it again, when we can simple revive the old discussion already on this board. I'll even discuss it with you, by going through it point by point and letting you tell me just how wrong I am. That should be fun....

There's only one condition. You stick with the discussion to the end and do not bail out (just telling me I'm wrong) when you can't present a persuasive argument as you have done several times in the past.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1950 on: May 06, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1951 on: May 06, 2021, 06:35:08 PM »
What BS is this? Why are you being so dishonest? Did you "forget" our conversation about where Callaway was standing when he encountered the man with the revolver running down Patton. That discussion was part of the time line I had prepared and you were desperately trying to extend the time Callaway needed to get to the scene, after the shots, by a few seconds. It's all on this board, so why are you pretending to be ignorant?

Even more so, when you tell me I was wrong back then. What would that "back then" be, other than the discussion I just mentioned.

And of course you are telling me that I am wrong, because you will never ever agree to anything that does not compute with your fairytale story of the events and you will ever ever honestly discuss or even listen to a coherent narrative build on corroborative witness statements, day 1 documents and factual information.

Why would I waste my time by posting it again, when we can simple revive the old discussion already on this board. I'll even discuss it with you, by going through it point by point and letting you tell me just how wrong I am. That should be fun....

There's only one condition. You stick with the discussion to the end and do not bail out (just telling me I'm wrong) when you can't present a persuasive argument as you have done several times in the past.

What BS is this? Why are you being so dishonest? Did you "forget" our conversation about where Callaway was standing when he encountered the man with the revolver running down Patton.

I do not remember it.  But, what's your point already?