Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 354978 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1904 on: September 19, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
Advertisement
Mr. BENAVIDES - I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.

The words...."Or the man who shot him" is a rebuttal of the first part of the sentence in which Benavides uses the name "Oswald"

Mr. BELIN - You used the name Oswald. How did you know this man was Oswald?
Mr. BENAVIDES - From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald

This not at all a positive identification.....  " I figured it was Oswald"   

It's a start. Plus 'or the man that shot him' ultimately meant Oswald.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:21:37 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1904 on: September 19, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1905 on: September 20, 2020, 01:48:39 AM »
Oh, huff, huff, huff. Yes, I get that you're gonna demagogue this. "Such a fundamental mistake"? Instead of dying in early 1964, the brother died in early 1965, and instead of Domingo giving hedged testimony after his brother's death, he markedly changed his story after his brother's death a year later. That's hardly an egregious, fundamental mistake.

Anyway, I'm convinced that the death certificate is valid, and so I will soon be editing the paragraph in question in my online book. I will be adding the fact that Domingo's boss said Domingo told him he did not get a good look at the killer.

Do try not to get so sulky when proved wrong, it really does make you sound quite pathetic.
Do you really not see the significance of this mistake or just pretending not to? The inference is and what most CT's believe, is that Domingo only changed his original statment and named Oswald in his WC testimony because he was terrified. He was terrified because a month earlier his brother had been shot in the head and Domingo believed the shot had been intended for him. This 'factiod' which yourself and others perpetrate is plainly incorrect because his brother, Eddy, wasn't shot until almost a year after Domingo appeared before the WC. There is of course also the fact that there was never any suggestion that Eddy had been shot deliberately. As all witnesses attested, the shot was meant for someone else.
Now, you know all this perfectly well, so don't try to brush the mistake off as unimportant and trivial, attempting to make it appear as if I'm making a big fuss over nothing.
A friendly piece of advice Mr Griffith, if you're so averse to having your mistakes pointed out, then you're definitely on the wrong forum. Trying to bully and belittle members so no one else dares do the same wont work here.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 02:57:04 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1906 on: September 20, 2020, 05:17:24 AM »
  "Such a fundamental mistake"? Instead of dying in early 1964, the brother died in early 1965, and instead of Domingo giving hedged testimony after his brother's death, he markedly changed his story after his brother's death a year later. That's hardly an egregious, fundamental mistake.

Anyway, I'm convinced that the death certificate is valid, and so I will soon be editing the paragraph in question in my online book. I will be adding the fact that Domingo's boss said Domingo told him he did not get a good look at the killer.
Michael did you not see my post above? You are obviously thinking of Warren Reynolds.
Another two brothers report... only Johnie Reynolds did not testify.
Date January 16, 1964

Mr. JOHNIE REYNOLDS, owner and operator of Johnie Reynolds Used Cars, 500 East Jefferson Avenue, Dallas, advised that his brother, WARREN REYNOLDS, and a man named RUSSELL, who works with him, were present at the car lot on November 22, 1963 when OSWALD allegedly killed Patrolman J. D. TIPPIT of the Dallas Police Department approximately a block from this car lot. RUSSELL and WARREN then observed OSWALD running down the street toward Jefferson Avenue carrying a pistol in his hand and unloading and reloading it as he ran. WARREN then followed OSWALD down Jefferson Avenue at a discreet distance to try to help the police locate OSWALD when they arrived.

on 1/15/64 at Dallas, Texas File # DL 100-10461

By Special Agent NAT A. PINKSTON Date dictated 1/16/64
It seems like it took the Tippit gunman forever to unload his pistol [something that actually takes all of about 5 seconds to do]
This was the FBI report concerning Warren....

1/22/64

WARREN REYNOLDS, part owner, Johnny Reynolds Used Car Lot, 500 Jefferson Street, Dallas, advised on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, while sitting in his office, he had observed an individual running south on Patton Avenue toward Jefferson Street and then walking at a fast rate of speed west on Jefferson. As the individual was running down Patton Avenue, he had a pistol or an automatic in his possession and was apparently attempting to conceal same in his belt while he was running. REYNOLDS advised he had previously heard shots coming from the area of Tenth and Patton Streets and, thinking that possibly a marital argument had occurred and a shooting had taken place, he attempted to follow the individual in order that he could inform the Dallas Police Department of the individual's location.

He advised he stayed at a safe distance behind the individual and last observed the individual to turn north by the Ballew Texaco Service Station, and from this point he did not again observe the individual. He advised he made inquiry at Ballew's Texaco Service Station, and they informed him the individual had gone through the parking lot.

REYNOLDS advised approximately five or ten minutes later he was informed by an unknown source that the individual whom he had been "tailing" had shot and apparently killed a uniform officer of the Dallas Police Department.

REYNOLDS was shown a photograph of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, at which time he advised he is of the opinion OSWALD is the person he had followed on the afternoon of November 22, 1963; however, he would hesitate to definitely identify OSWALD as the individual.

on 1/21/64 at Dallas, Texas File # DL 100-10461

By Special Agents JOHN T. KESLER and VERNON MITCHEM - LAC Date dictated 1/22/64
Several of the identifications were made by showing 'witnesses' Oswald's pictures taken in New Orleans.
And this was after Oswald had already been blasted all over the TV as the one and only assassin.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1906 on: September 20, 2020, 05:17:24 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1907 on: September 20, 2020, 02:19:11 PM »
Michael did you not see my post above? You are obviously thinking of Warren Reynolds.
Another two brothers report... only Johnie Reynolds did not testify.

What on Earth are you blabbering on about, that was a completely different witness. Why would Johnie Reynolds testify anyway? He didn't see anything! He just reported to the FBI that his brother Warren, had:

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Mr. JOHNIE REYNOLDS, owner and operator of Johnie Reynolds Used Cars, 500 East Jefferson Avenue, Dallas, advised that his brother, WARREN REYNOLDS, and a man named RUSSELL, who works with him, were present at the car lot on November 22, 1963 when OSWALD allegedly killed Patrolman J. D. TIPPIT of the Dallas Police Department approximately a block from this car lot. RUSSELL and WARREN then observed OSWALD running down the street toward Jefferson Avenue carrying a pistol in his hand and unloading and reloading it as he ran. WARREN then followed OSWALD down Jefferson Avenue at a discreet distance to try to help the police locate OSWALD when they arrived.

on 1/15/64 at Dallas, Texas File # DL 100-10461

By Special Agent NAT A. PINKSTON Date dictated 1/16/64

You should stick to spellchecking.  :D :-*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 02:24:16 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1908 on: September 21, 2020, 12:21:36 AM »
You should stick to spellchecking.   
Like you stick to pimples and warts.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1908 on: September 21, 2020, 12:21:36 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1909 on: September 21, 2020, 08:24:00 AM »
I'll have to check on this. I know that Domingo and his father-in-law did say they believed that Eddie was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Myers admits this. And it was in fact after Edward's death that Domingo changed his story and said he was certain the shooter was Oswald. Before his brother's death, he never made a positive identification (Myers admits that Domingo told his boss he did not get a good look at the gunman).

If the death certificate checks out, I'll revise the text in Hasty Judgment to correct the month and year of death and to observe that Domingo did not claim he was certain the gunman was Oswald until after Edward's death.

I know that Domingo and his father-in-law did say they believed that Eddie was killed in mistake for Domingo. Even Myers admits this.

Cite please.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1910 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »
Gosh,well it obviously didn't occur to you, did it. If it had you wouldn't have made such a fundamental mistake. Perhaps a little more research and a little less plagiarism is in order. It would have been "a relatively modest error" for an amateur forum member to make, yes. But as a writer you have a far greater responsibility..how many thousands of people have read that mistake in your book and then gone on to state it as fact to thousands upon thousands more on forums and websites? Who am I? Well, what I'm not is someone who writes books for a living and claims to be a JFK assassination expert as you do. Neither do I spread incorrect factoids in books and all over the internet, as you do. You recently made a posting entitled "Poor Scholarship on Display: Larry Sturdivan's Book "The JFK Myths" so perhaps you shouldn't whine so much when someone picks you up on your mistakes. Is it OK for you to criticise other authors work whilst your work is off limits?
Glad you joined the forum, perhaps we can help you improve your research skills and become a better writer.

Well said, Denis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1910 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »

Online David Von Pein