Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342650 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1832 on: February 03, 2020, 10:42:27 PM »
Advertisement
Operation PBSUCCESS was authorized by President Eisenhower.

Also Operation PBFORTUNE by Truman.

In peacetime does the President have the authority to authorize the destruction of a foreign government??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1832 on: February 03, 2020, 10:42:27 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #1833 on: February 04, 2020, 12:51:37 AM »
In peacetime does the President have the authority to authorize the destruction of a foreign government??

?

Eisenhower and Truman did.

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #1834 on: March 05, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »
Has anyone here ever taken a bus from downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff? Because I have. And I can tell you that it isn't a fast trip, on a normal day, without the mess and crowds of people gawking at a presidential parade. For Oswald to accomplish all that in such a short time is truly amazing.

But here's another problem. Witnesses claim they saw Oswald running down a hill and get into a car. So did he take the bus or a car? Couldn't have been both. The likeliness of catching the bus on time and making it through downtown, with all the stops in between, make it highly unlikely. And if Oswald took a car, he wouldn't have run into officer Tippet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1834 on: March 05, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1835 on: March 05, 2020, 08:55:28 PM »
Has anyone here ever taken a bus from downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff? Because I have. And I can tell you that it isn't a fast trip, on a normal day, without the mess and crowds of people gawking at a presidential parade. For Oswald to accomplish all that in such a short time is truly amazing.

But here's another problem. Witnesses claim they saw Oswald running down a hill and get into a car. So did he take the bus or a car? Couldn't have been both. The likeliness of catching the bus on time and making it through downtown, with all the stops in between, make it highly unlikely. And if Oswald took a car, he wouldn't have run into officer Tippet.

The officer's name is Tippit.... just saying!

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #1836 on: March 11, 2020, 12:14:58 AM »
Then it appears to be fairly well-settled.  Apparently Oswald killed Officer Tippet.

Of course. Now if we could just figure out how Oswald got to Oak Cliff. Because witnesses also claim they saw Oswald run down the hill from depository and get into a car. But other witnesses claim they saw Oswald on the bus, including the bus driver who let him off.

Now if Oswald took the bus, there's no way he made it to Oak Cliff in that time. I lived in Dallas. I rode the bus everyday to see my girlfriend in Oak Cliff. You can't get from downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff in that amount of time, even on a day that isn't crowded with people watching a presidential motorcade. It took some people 3 hours just to get through downtown that day.  And buses have to make other stops for people getting on and off. A day such as that no doubt had lots of people riding the bus.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1836 on: March 11, 2020, 12:14:58 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1837 on: March 11, 2020, 06:38:39 AM »
Of course. Now if we could just figure out how Oswald got to Oak Cliff. Because witnesses also claim they saw Oswald run down the hill from depository and get into a car. But other witnesses claim they saw Oswald on the bus, including the bus driver who let him off.

Now if Oswald took the bus, there's no way he made it to Oak Cliff in that time. I lived in Dallas. I rode the bus everyday to see my girlfriend in Oak Cliff. You can't get from downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff in that amount of time, even on a day that isn't crowded with people watching a presidential motorcade. It took some people 3 hours just to get through downtown that day.  And buses have to make other stops for people getting on and off. A day such as that no doubt had lots of people riding the bus.

Because witnesses also claim they saw Oswald run down the hill from depository and get into a car.

Not 100% accurate. Some witnesses did indeed see a man, who looked like Oswald, run downhill and get into a car, but it was never established that it was indeed Oswald they saw.

Now if Oswald took the bus, there's no way he made it to Oak Cliff in that time

You seem to be making a moot point as the official narrative has Oswald getting off the bus and taking a taxi to get to Oak Cliff.

You can't get from downtown Dallas to Oak Cliff in that amount of time, even on a day that isn't crowded with people watching a presidential motorcade.

Did you make those trips in the 60's? Could it be that an increase in traffic and changes to the road system or bus schedules make for a longer trip now than back then?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1838 on: March 11, 2020, 05:22:12 PM »

Now if we could just figure out how Oswald got to Oak Cliff.

The solution to that question may be beyond your abilities......  But According to the men who were present at the interrogation of Lee Oswald....Lee said that he had reached the rooming house by a CITY  CAB   ( NOT Whaley's) and his fare was 85 cents.... ( Whaley said his passenger who was wearing the blue workman's  clothing, was 95 cents) 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:56:37 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1838 on: March 11, 2020, 05:22:12 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1839 on: March 11, 2020, 06:46:47 PM »

If I may jump forward to the timing controversy regarding Oswald's movement between his lodgings and @Tippit, I have high confidence that Oswald might well have employed the military 'Double Time March' (as against the CT stubborn notion that seems to suggest that no-one-saw-him-so-he-must-have-been-walking)

Military Double Time March

And as at least one 'Johnny-on-the-spot' attendee (that would be The Divine Miss 'M') stated, Oswald left the scene at a trot, a human-locomotion technique closely resembling the military double time movement.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:17:58 PM by Bill Chapman »