Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 349993 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1584 on: October 23, 2019, 03:45:02 PM »
Advertisement
Since we're discussing the time checks made by the dispatcher, then what's relevant are the two clocks in the dispatching room.

What does "generally reliable time" even mean?  And if you could "hardly see it" then how could it have been used to synchronize the others?  And what was that clock synchronized to in order to make it "generally reliable"?

I think all this mess shows is that the time checks given by the dispatcher are unreliable, and the preponderance of the evidence is that Tippit was shot earlier than the official narrative wants it to have happened.

Back in the era of the assassination, if I wanted to know what time it was (in order to set my wristwatch for example) I would most likely dial a certain number on the phone and an automated voice would give me the time by saying “at the sound of the tone it will be...”
Now, was this the official standard time? No, it was the time that the phone company said it was. But it was close enough to the standard time for the vast majority of people. We assumed that the phone company synchronized with the official government time often enough so that their time stayed very close to the official time.

“Generally reliable time,” in the context of Bowles’ statement, simply means that that particular clock stayed in sync with the official time for longer periods of time than the other clocks he mentioned.

Much like it was reasonable to assume that the phone company kept their time closely synchronized with the official time, it is reasonable to assume that the DPD kept their time  synchronized with the official time also. (Otherwise, Bowles wouldn’t have known that one clock was generally reliable).

Just because it was not the most visible clock does not preclude them from using it for syncing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1584 on: October 23, 2019, 03:45:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1585 on: October 23, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »
Much like it was reasonable to assume that the phone company kept their time closely synchronized with the official time, it is reasonable to assume that the DPD kept their time  synchronized with the official time also. (Otherwise, Bowles wouldn’t have known that one clock was generally reliable).

That's a lot of assuming based on a rather vague statement.  We have no idea if, or when, or how, any of these clocks were set.  Regardless, the spoken time checks at any given time "had no faithful validity".

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1586 on: October 23, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »
That's a lot of assuming based on a rather vague statement.  We have no idea if, or when, or how, any of these clocks were set.  Regardless, the spoken time checks at any given time "had no faithful validity".

Yes, “no faithful validity” would be due to the fact that the dispatcher had two different clocks within sight. And Bowles had no way of knowing which one he used for the voice time stamp. Not necessarily that the time was more out of sync than their normal tolerances.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1586 on: October 23, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1587 on: October 23, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »
Yes, “no faithful validity” would be due to the fact that the dispatcher had two different clocks within sight. And Bowles had no way of knowing which one he used for the voice time stamp. Not necessarily that the time was more out of sync than their normal tolerances.

Right.  And also no way of knowing how close either clock was to any time standard.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1588 on: October 23, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »
Right.  And also no way of knowing how close either clock was to any time standard.

This quote from the same interview by Larry Sneed might give you a clue:

And somebody else said, “All right.” Just after that, at about 12: 30: 55 is when the first shot was fired.

I don’t have the information as to how Bowles arrived at that conclusion. But it doesn’t appear to me that their clocks were more than a minute or two off.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1588 on: October 23, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #1589 on: October 23, 2019, 06:31:16 PM »

And somebody else said, “All right.” Just after that, at about 12: 30: 55 is when the first shot was fired.

I don’t have the information as to how Bowles arrived at that conclusion. But it doesn’t appear to me that their clocks were more than a minute or two off.
Charles; I'm not sure if you read this or not but Bowles goes into some detail as to how he determined that and other times: http://www.jfk-online.com/bowles.html

See chapter/section 3 in particular.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1590 on: October 23, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
Charles; I'm not sure if you read this or not but Bowles goes into some detail as to how he determined that and other times: http://www.jfk-online.com/bowles.html

See chapter/section 3 in particular.

Thanks Steve!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1590 on: October 23, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1591 on: October 23, 2019, 07:10:35 PM »

I don’t have the information as to how Bowles arrived at that conclusion.

Obviously out of thin air, since even the admittedly inaccurate dispatcher clocks didn't show seconds.

But it doesn’t appear to me that their clocks were more than a minute or two off.

How would you know?