Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342728 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1568 on: October 23, 2019, 01:40:02 AM »
Advertisement
And you believe this is somehow supposed to move the time of the shooting from 1:15 back to 1:06?  That much of a time discrepancy?

Once we establish that the dispatcher times are unreliable then the times are unreliable.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1568 on: October 23, 2019, 01:40:02 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1569 on: October 23, 2019, 01:40:31 AM »
Are you blind or do you have a problem reading. The sentence you have quoted is exactly the same as I have been quoting all along.....

I am not blind. Here (again) is your reply that I was responding to:

Bowles did in fact give an explanation and ended it with a definitive conclusion that; "under no circumstance could you put any stock in the real world time references"

You left out exactly what I said you did. You are the one who is blind and forgetful.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1570 on: October 23, 2019, 01:41:40 AM »
He explained what he meant and you choose to ignore him. The voice time stamps are not just some arbitrary numbers pulled out of thin air that have no meaning. They are within the tolerances that he explained. Ignore these facts if you wish...

On what basis did he determine that the tolerances were within "a minute or two"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1570 on: October 23, 2019, 01:41:40 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1571 on: October 23, 2019, 01:42:15 AM »
I am not blind. Here (again) is your reply that I was responding to:

Bowles did in fact give an explanation and ended it with a definitive conclusion that; "under no circumstance could you put any stock in the real world time references"

You left out exactly what I said you did. You are the one who is blind and forgetful.

You just can't win the argument and thus attack the messenger.....

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1572 on: October 23, 2019, 01:46:38 AM »
Nuclear war hung in the balance on what date a card with a print on it arrived at the FBI?

Apparently you didn't live through that week.... Yes....The missile crisis of 62 was still fresh in everybody's mind... and the conspirators  took advantage of the fear that people felt.  If  Anybody thought they could help to avoid nuclear war ...They would lie.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1572 on: October 23, 2019, 01:46:38 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1573 on: October 23, 2019, 02:08:04 AM »
I did not take a partial sentence at all, at least not purposely. But it seems indeed that some words that were in the original sentence were somehow lost in my later quote. It was unintentional and I can't really explain how that happened. Not that it matters much, but I have now rectified the problem and included the missing words.

The fact remains that Bowles clearly states that the recordings/transcripts can not be relied on to provide accurate times.

The fact remains that Bowles clearly states that the recordings/transcripts can not be relied on to provide accurate times.

The key word (that you finally used) is: “accurate.”

The main thrust of the interview is explaining why the acoustics experts’ report to the HSCA was invalid. The acoustics experts tried to show that the timing on the recordings could be accurate enough to indicate exactly who was where at very specific exacting times. Bowles was explaining why they are not THAT accurate.

Bowles’ explanation does indicate how accurate they could be relied upon to be (one to two minute tolerances). He certainly doesn’t say that they are useless (as your spin tries to suggest). Only that they couldn’t be as accurate as the acoustics experts wanted them to be.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1574 on: October 23, 2019, 02:09:40 AM »
Apparently you didn't live through that week.... Yes....The missile crisis of 62 was still fresh in everybody's mind... and the conspirators  took advantage of the fear that people felt.  If  Anybody thought they could help to avoid nuclear war ...They would lie.

So if a card with a print on it was given to the FBI on 11/22:  nuclear war
If a card with a print on it was given to the FBI on 11/29: No nuclear war.

Is this really what you're trying to peddle?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1574 on: October 23, 2019, 02:09:40 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1575 on: October 23, 2019, 02:10:41 AM »
You just can't win the argument and thus attack the messenger.....

Just giving back what you dished out.