Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 349932 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1488 on: October 17, 2019, 12:23:05 AM »
Advertisement
I'm sorry Martin,  John Iacoletti constantly insults me....  Perhaps you haven't noticed.   

But I haven't, Walt. I said earlier that John and I have a different style, but it seems to me we both basically agree more with you than disagree.

So can we keep the discussion civil, please? Of course there will be difference of opinions, but do we really need to go down to the LN level?

Let's please try to tone it down a bit. I understand you feel passionate about all of this, but too much passion causes the loss of reason, so let's not go there. Just my two penny's worth...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:27:29 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1488 on: October 17, 2019, 12:23:05 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1489 on: October 17, 2019, 12:35:47 AM »
Thumb1:

I don't have much patience for anyone who states speculation as fact, regardless of what conclusions they've arrived at.

The Carl Day magic partial palmprint is dodgy no matter how you slice it, but there is literally no reason to suspect that he gave it to the FBI on 11/22 and they all pretended like he didn't.  That wouldn't advance their case against Oswald in the slightest.

An undated partial list of evidence doesn't cut it, even if Walt's "common sense" were really sensical.

The Carl Day magic partial palmprint is dodgy no matter how you slice it, but there is literally no reason to suspect that he gave it to the FBI on 11/22 and they all pretended like he didn't.  That wouldn't advance their case against Oswald in the slightest.

I have to agree with you, John.

The funny thing about all this is that Walt, you and I are basically of the same opinion, being that Day concocted the palmprint story after the fact. All we seem to disagree about is how that story came into the world.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1490 on: October 17, 2019, 02:53:20 AM »
Jack...I don't believe that paper bag in the photos is the bag that Montgomery carried from the TSBD....  I believe those FBI agents are carrying something  inside of the bag that they didn't want reporters to see .....
It's not and they are. I have never seen that clip before.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1490 on: October 17, 2019, 02:53:20 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1491 on: October 17, 2019, 04:14:39 AM »
Your undated sheet of paper doesn't not make your story "the truth".

Probably when Day released it to the FBI "shortly before midnight".  Ok, I see what you're getting at.  Who knows why they put the folder there?  To keep their own mangy prints off the rest of the rifle? To hold the clip in?  If you're suggesting that Day's word is unreliable, then amen, brother.  But the rifle had cellophane tape on the trigger guard area when Latona got it.

To hold the clip in?

LOL!.... Please explain how the folder in the photo would hold the clip in?   

the rifle had cellophane tape on the trigger guard area when Latona got it.

How many prints were allegedly found on the rifle?    Isn't it true that Day saw the prints on the magazine / trigger guard?  Those prints could only have been lifted once, don't you agree?  And you say those prints were not lifted but covered with scotch tape when Latona received the rifle.  So what prints did Tom Alyea see Lt Day lift?    I'm 100% certain that Alyea saw Day lift what he imagined to be a palm print on the wooden forgrip ...and the reason that i'm 100% certain is because the so called "palm print" lift clearly shows the bayonet slot that is cut into the foregrip of all model 91 / 38 Mannlicher carcanos...   And furthermore the 5/8 inch diameter barrel is too small to hold a man's palm print...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:24:34 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1492 on: October 17, 2019, 06:07:08 AM »
So what prints did Tom Alyea see Lt Day lift?

I don’t believe he did. If Alyea actually said this at all he confused Day’s dusting the rifle as “lifting prints”.

I'm 100% certain that Alyea saw Day lift what he imagined to be a palm print on the wooden forgrip

I know you are.

...and the reason that i'm 100% certain is because the so called "palm print" lift clearly shows the bayonet slot that is cut into the foregrip of all model 91 / 38 Mannlicher carcanos...   And furthermore the 5/8 inch diameter barrel is too small to hold a man's palm print...

Yes, those are two more of your appeals to “common sense”.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:07:53 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1492 on: October 17, 2019, 06:07:08 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1493 on: October 17, 2019, 03:27:07 PM »
I don’t believe he did. If Alyea actually said this at all he confused Day’s dusting the rifle as “lifting prints”.

I know you are.

Yes, those are two more of your appeals to “common sense”.

Alyea said he filmed Lt Day as he lifted prints from the rifle.....

Really?.... Tom Alyea said that he saw Lt Day place the prints on index cards...So if Alyea didn't witness the event then explain how Alyea knew there was a lift on a 3 X 5 index card?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1494 on: October 17, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »
Really?.... Tom Alyea said that he saw Lt Day place the prints on index cards...So if Alyea didn't witness the event then explain how Alyea knew there was a lift on a 3 X 5 index card?

He didn't, because Day didn't do such a lift in the TSBD.  Or probably even that evening in the crime lab.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1494 on: October 17, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1495 on: October 17, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »
He didn't, because Day didn't do such a lift in the TSBD.  Or probably even that evening in the crime lab.

Day is on record as saying that he lifted a smudge that he imagined to be a palm print. He spotted the smudge ( print) on the wooden foregrip of the rifle.   He had looked for a palm print in that area because that is the place a rifle is held when being fired.   Day realized that the wood would absorb the print so he decided to lift it with scotch tape.