Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342867 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1352 on: September 06, 2019, 11:56:09 PM »
Advertisement
Bill Brown continues to think that if he reports the results of unfair lineups often enough, they will become valid evidence.

Iacoletti, enough is enough, this bizarre reliance of writing off a half dozen positive identifications with what you personally believe was unfair is wearing incredibly thin.
The evidence is Oswald was just another random guy in a lineup with 3 others and eyewitnesses picked Oswald, get used to it.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1352 on: September 06, 2019, 11:56:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1353 on: September 07, 2019, 12:33:17 AM »
What’s wearing thin is people trumpeting unfair and rigged lineups as meaningful.

- The fillers were not chosen to resemble the witnesses' descriptions of the perpetrator
- There were only 3 fillers for the lineups and no fillers for the photo identifications
- The fillers were not dressed like Oswald
- The fillers were not dressed to match witnesses' descriptions of the perpetrator
- The person administering the lineup knew which person in the lineup was the suspect
- The witnesses did not view the lineups separately
- Some witnesses knew which man was the suspect before they attended the lineup
- Not all of the men were handcuffed together for the first lineup
- Witnesses were influenced by the physical appearances of both Oswald and the fillers
- Witnesses were influenced by Oswald's complaints about the fairness of the lineups
- Witnesses were intimidated or pressured by the authorities
- Witnesses were asked to sign affidavits which would include who they picked in the lineup before actually viewing the lineup
- The criminal justice system in Dallas County had a history of railroading suspects

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1354 on: September 07, 2019, 02:14:55 AM »
What’s wearing thin is people trumpeting unfair and rigged lineups as meaningful.

- The fillers were not chosen to resemble the witnesses' descriptions of the perpetrator
- There were only 3 fillers for the lineups and no fillers for the photo identifications
- The fillers were not dressed like Oswald
- The fillers were not dressed to match witnesses' descriptions of the perpetrator
- The person administering the lineup knew which person in the lineup was the suspect
- The witnesses did not view the lineups separately
- Some witnesses knew which man was the suspect before they attended the lineup
- Witnesses were influenced by the physical appearances of both Oswald and the fillers
- Witnesses were influenced by Oswald's complaints about the fairness of the lineups
- Witnesses were intimidated or pressured by the authorities
- Witnesses were asked to sign affidavits which would include who they picked in the lineup before actually viewing the lineup
- The criminal justice system in Dallas County had a history of railroading suspects

For a start a lot of this is just accumulated recommendations from over the years and self serving rhetoric, show me the rulebook?

Oswald was not dressed like he was at the time which made it unfair for whom?
Oswald made a lot of noise which means, to get off a crime all I gotta do is scream and shout?, you wish it was that easy.
The eyewitnesses didn't see Oswald in some dark alley in the middle of the night, they all saw Oswald outside in the middle of the day.
Oswald's face being beat up made him look a bit different, how is that unfair for Oswald?
The eyewitnesses didn't have to pick anybody but they picked Oswald.
The eyewitnesses all picked Oswald knowing that they were possibly sending him to the Electric Chair, I couldn't do that to an innocent man, could you?
Which eyewitnesses were intimidated or pressured into specifically choosing Oswald?
The railroading you speak of was mostly applicable to Blacks which were nowhere near the magnitude and focus of this case, the DP knew they were under intense scrutiny and acted accordingly.

At the end of the day what's accepted in court would be up to the Judge and imo I have no doubt he'd agree with me to put a mountain of eyewitnesses on the stand one after another, who'd all say they saw Oswald with a revolver, some early on said he was emptying his revolver, later they said he was fiddling with his revolver, who nearly all said was wearing a light coloured jacket, who all said was moving in one direction, this evidence tells an extremely persuasive and believable narrative. And besides there is evidence that places Oswald and his weapons at the scene of two horrific crimes, what are the chances?

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:14:03 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1354 on: September 07, 2019, 02:14:55 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1355 on: September 07, 2019, 05:53:12 AM »
Despite your excuses, the fact remains that the lineups were unfair and biased.

“Oswald and his weapons”. LOL.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1356 on: September 09, 2019, 08:12:07 AM »
LOL.  Here's another.

Scene:  Dishonest John in Hell.  John Wilkes Booth appears.

DJ:  You assassinated Lincoln.
Booth:  Prove it.
DJ:  It was your pistol.
Booth:  Booth's pistol?  LOL.
DJ:  Lots of people saw you shoot Lincoln.
Booth:  You made that up.  They heard a loud bang and looked in my direction to see me pointing an object "made of wood" at Lincoln's head.  It was only their "opinion" that I shot him.
DJ:  You fled the scene.
Booth:  Wrong again.  I was just an actor at my place of employment and thought the play was over.  I suppose an actor jumping onto stage is evidence they just assassinated the president?  That highlights the weakness of your "circumstantial" case.
DJ:  But your own handwritten diary confirms that you did it.
Booth:  Don't you know that handwriting analysis is not scientific?  Just ask Hidell.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1356 on: September 09, 2019, 08:12:07 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1357 on: September 09, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »

Can you cite for this?  I ask in sincerity.  Without going through the testimony of the participants, I thought they testified that they each were handcuffed to the next man, even during the first lineup.  It's too late tonight and I don't have the desire to dig through the testimony.  So, I'm just thinking, can you support your above statement?  I'd like to have a look.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1358 on: September 09, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »

LNers are so desperate that they’ll pretend the case against Oswald is anything like the case against Booth. But it’s irrelevant anyway. Like I said, if you want to make a reasonable doubt case for Booth then knock yourself out. But don’t pretend that makes your case against Oswald an iota stronger.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1358 on: September 09, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1359 on: September 09, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »
Can you cite for this?  I ask in sincerity.  Without going through the testimony of the participants, I thought they testified that they each were handcuffed to the next man, even during the first lineup.  It's too late tonight and I don't have the desire to dig through the testimony.  So, I'm just thinking, can you support your above statement?  I'd like to have a look.

Testimony of Richard L. Clark.

Mr. BALL. What was your position in the showup?
Mr. CLARK. My right had was handcuffed to Oswald's left hand.
Mr. BALL. Your right----
Mr. CLARK. To his left.
Mr. BALL. To his left. Then who was next to Oswald?
Mr. CLARK. And my partner, W.E. Perry, was next to Oswald.
Mr. BALL. Was he handcuffed to Oswald?
Mr. CLARK. Yes, sir; he was. Handcuffed his left hand to Oswald's right hand.
Mr. BALL. What about Mr. Ables?
Mr. CLARK. Mr. Ables was standing to the left.
Mr. BALL. Was he handcuffed?
Mr. CLARK. No, sir.