Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 350268 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1256 on: August 11, 2019, 02:54:14 AM »
Advertisement

Bla bla bla…

Yes, Oswald was wearing a white T shirt under his brown shirt, when he was arrested, and his brown shirt looked a lot more brown than a light grey jacket ever would....

But that would of course mean that Oswald didn't leave the roominghouse with his jacket after all and that the white jacket found at the car park wasn't his....

Seems you want to have your cake and eat it too….

Yes, Oswald was wearing a white T shirt under his brown shirt, when he was arrested

Thumb1:

But that would of course mean that Oswald didn't leave the roominghouse with his jacket after all

Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
Mr. BALL. He was zipping it up as he went out the door?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.

and that the white jacket found at the car park wasn't his....

Mr. RANKIN. 162?
Mrs. OSWALD. That is Lee's--an old shirt.
Mr. RANKIN. Sort of a jacket?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.

Seems you want to have your cake and eat it too….

BS:

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1256 on: August 11, 2019, 02:54:14 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1257 on: August 11, 2019, 02:59:23 AM »
Thumb1:

Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
Mr. BALL. He was zipping it up as he went out the door?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. 162?
Mrs. OSWALD. That is Lee's--an old shirt.
Mr. RANKIN. Sort of a jacket?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.

BS:

JohnM

Cherry picking only proves my point   Thumb1:

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1258 on: August 11, 2019, 03:07:36 AM »

Cherry picking only proves my point   Thumb1:

Sorry, but here's Earlene Roberts telling us that Oswald went to his room and got a short coat to put on and went out.

There's more, the eyewitnesses who positively identified Oswald, said Oswald was wearing a jacket.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember what he had on?
Mrs.V DAVIS. He had on a light-brown-tan jacket.

Mr. BALL. I have a jacket, I would like to show you, which is Commission Exhibit No. 162. Does this look anything like the jacket that the man had on that was going across your lawn?
Mrs.B DAVIS. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. How is it different?
Mrs.B DAVIS. Well, it was dark and to me it looked like it was maybe a wool fabric, it looked sort of rough. Like more of a sporting jacket.

Mr. SCOGGINS. Yes; he stopped. When I saw he stopped, then I looked to see why he was stopping, you see, and I saw this man with a light-colored jacket on.

Mr. BALL. Did he have a jacket or a shirt? The man that you saw shoot Officer Tippit and run away, did you notice if he had a jacket on?
Mrs. MARKHAM. He had a jacket on when he done it.
Mr. BALL. What kind of a jacket, what general color of jacket?
Mrs. MARKHAM. It was a short jacket open in the front, kind of a grayish tan.

Mr. BALL. What did you tell them you saw?
Mr. CALLAWAY. I told them he had some dark trousers and a light tannish gray windbreaker jacket, and I told him that he was fair complexion, dark hair.

Mrs. MARY BROCK, 4310 Utah, Dallas, Texas, advised that on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, she was at the Ballew Texaco Service Station located in the 600 block of Jefferson Street, Dallas, Texas. She advised that at approximately 1:30 PM a white male described as approximately 30 years of age; 5 feet, 10 inches; light—colored complexion, wearing light clothing, came past her walking at a fast pace, wearing a light—colored jacket and with his hands in his pockets.

Mr. BENAVIDES - I would say he was about your size, and he had a light-beige jacket, and was lightweight.
Mr. BELIN - Did it have buttons or a zipper, or do you remember?
Mr. BENAVIDES - It seemed like it was a zipper-type jacket.

Mr. JACK RAY TATUM - At the time I was just approaching the squad car, I noticed this young white male with both hands in the pockets of his zippered jacket

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 03:17:08 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1258 on: August 11, 2019, 03:07:36 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1259 on: August 11, 2019, 03:43:15 AM »
Sorry, but here's Earlene Roberts telling us that Oswald went to his room and got a short coat to put on and went out.

There's more, the eyewitnesses who positively identified Oswald, said Oswald was wearing a jacket.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember what he had on?
Mrs.V DAVIS. He had on a light-brown-tan jacket.

Mr. BALL. I have a jacket, I would like to show you, which is Commission Exhibit No. 162. Does this look anything like the jacket that the man had on that was going across your lawn?
Mrs.B DAVIS. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. How is it different?
Mrs.B DAVIS. Well, it was dark and to me it looked like it was maybe a wool fabric, it looked sort of rough. Like more of a sporting jacket.

Mr. SCOGGINS. Yes; he stopped. When I saw he stopped, then I looked to see why he was stopping, you see, and I saw this man with a light-colored jacket on.

Mr. BALL. Did he have a jacket or a shirt? The man that you saw shoot Officer Tippit and run away, did you notice if he had a jacket on?
Mrs. MARKHAM. He had a jacket on when he done it.
Mr. BALL. What kind of a jacket, what general color of jacket?
Mrs. MARKHAM. It was a short jacket open in the front, kind of a grayish tan.

Mr. BALL. What did you tell them you saw?
Mr. CALLAWAY. I told them he had some dark trousers and a light tannish gray windbreaker jacket, and I told him that he was fair complexion, dark hair.

Mrs. MARY BROCK, 4310 Utah, Dallas, Texas, advised that on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, she was at the Ballew Texaco Service Station located in the 600 block of Jefferson Street, Dallas, Texas. She advised that at approximately 1:30 PM a white male described as approximately 30 years of age; 5 feet, 10 inches; light—colored complexion, wearing light clothing, came past her walking at a fast pace, wearing a light—colored jacket and with his hands in his pockets.

Mr. BENAVIDES - I would say he was about your size, and he had a light-beige jacket, and was lightweight.
Mr. BELIN - Did it have buttons or a zipper, or do you remember?
Mr. BENAVIDES - It seemed like it was a zipper-type jacket.

Mr. JACK RAY TATUM - At the time I was just approaching the squad car, I noticed this young white male with both hands in the pockets of his zippered jacket

JohnM

Lexical semantics at work....

And wasn't Earlene Roberts described by her employer as somebody who was known for making up things?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1260 on: August 11, 2019, 04:14:54 AM »

And wasn't Earlene Roberts described by her employer as somebody who was known for making up things?

"Lexical semantics" LOL

Yes, that's what one witness said, so what? and btw how in any way does that nullify a stack of supporting evidence for Oswald wearing a light coloured jacket?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1260 on: August 11, 2019, 04:14:54 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1261 on: August 11, 2019, 06:39:02 AM »
"Lexical semantics" LOL

Yes, that's what one witness said, so what? and btw how in any way does that nullify a stack of supporting evidence for Oswald wearing a light coloured jacket?

JohnM

What supporting evidence would that be?

Who else saw a brown jacket?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1262 on: August 11, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »
Housekeeper Earlene Roberts, to a radio reporter on the afternoon of the assassination, stated that Oswald was wearing a "short gray coat" as he left the rooming house.  She told the FBI that she remembered Oswald putting on a jacket and zipping it up as he went out the front door, adding that it was the type of jacket that zips up in the front.

Helen Markham, standing at the northwest corner of Tenth and Patton, testified to the Warren Commission that the cop-killer (who she positively identified as Lee Oswald) had on a short jacket that was open in the front and was grayish-tan in color.

Domingo Benavides, passing by in his pickup truck, saw Tippit's patrol car stopped near the curb and stated that the officer (Tippit) was talking to a man on foot.  Benavides heard the shots and saw the killer run from the scene.  Benavides testified to the Warren Commission that the killer was wearing a light-beige jacket, and that the jacket was lightweight.

William Scoggins, sitting in his cab (facing north on Patton towards the intersection with Tenth Street), was eating lunch when he noticed Tippit's patrol car travel from west to east on Tenth Street, crossing through the intersection with Patton.  Scoggins saw the patrol car come to a stop and noticed the officer having a conversation with a man who was walking on the sidewalk.  Scoggins heard the shots, looked up and saw the man running towards his cab.  Scoggins got out of his cab and hid beside it as the cop-killer passed.  He (Scoggins) testified that the man (who he positively identified as Lee Oswald) was wearing a jacket.

Barbara Davis was inside her house on Tenth Street (400 East Tenth St.) at the corner of Patton Avenue when she heard the gun shots.  She went to her front door and noticed a man (who she positively identified as Lee Oswald) cutting across her front yard, heading towards Patton with a gun in his hands.  She testified to the Warren Commission that the cop-killer had on a dark coat as he cut across her yard.

Virginia Davis was inside the same house on Tenth Street as was her sister-in-law, Barbara, when she heard the shots.  Virginia went to the door and saw a man cutting across the yard with a gun in his hands.  Virginia testified to the Warren Commission that the man (who she positively identified as Lee Oswald) had on a light-brown-tan jacket.

Ted Callaway was on the front porch of his office near the alley between Tenth and Jefferson when he heard the shots come from the vicinity of Tenth Street.  He saw a man (who he positively identified as Lee Oswald) cutting across the yard of the house on the corner (Barbara and Virginia Davis) and noticed William Scoggins ducking beside the cab as the man passed, running down Patton from Tenth, holding a gun in his hands.  Callaway stated that the man had on a light tannish-gray windbreaker jacket.  Callaway testified to the Warren Commission that CE-162 (the jacket found on the ground under a car at the Texaco lot) looked like the jacket that the man was wearing as he was running from the scene.

Sam Guinyard was on Patton Ave. when he heard the shots.  Like the others, Guinyard saw the man (who he positively identified as Lee Oswald) cut across the yard of the Davis house on the corner of Tenth and Patton.  Guinyard testified that the man was running down Patton with a gun in his hands.  Guinyard testified to the Warren Commission that Oswald was wearing sort of a light-gray-looking jacket as he ran from the scene.

Warren Reynolds was inside the office at Reynolds Motor Company, located on the corner of Patton and Jefferson.  Reynolds saw a man running down Patton with a gun in his hands and turn the corner onto Jefferson.   Reynolds stated that he followed the man, who he believed in his own mind was Lee Oswald, and saw him go behind the Texaco Station on Jefferson.

A light colored jacket (CE-162) was found on the ground under a car in the parking lot behind the Texaco station.

Johnny Brewer was working in his shoe shop on Jefferson Boulevard.  He noticed a man duck into the recessed area of the storefront, looking nervous and appearing to avoid the police cars that were racing up and down Jefferson with sirens blaring.  Brewer stated that the man, who he identified as Lee Oswald, was NOT wearing a jacket.

Why did Lee Oswald ditch his jacket?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1262 on: August 11, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1263 on: August 11, 2019, 01:10:52 PM »
.... the eyewitnesses who positively identified Oswald, said Oswald was wearing a jacket.
Actually, at the end of the day, it was the police/FBI/Warren Report who said Oswald  was positively identified.  The dubious testimonies of all these people have been scrutinized dozens of times and everyone knows it.
...Oswald putting on a jacket and zipping it up as he went out the front door, adding that it was the type of jacket that zips up in the front.
As opposed  to a jacket that zips up the back?