Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342822 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1104 on: April 19, 2019, 10:17:20 PM »
Advertisement
How does "I don't recall" equate to a lie?  He had had two other PO boxes since then that didn't list Hidell.

The Hidell name listed was in the same handwriting as the Marina Oswald name listed in that section.  Oswald acknowledged the Marina Oswald listing yet denied any knowledge of the Hidell listed name.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1104 on: April 19, 2019, 10:17:20 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1105 on: April 19, 2019, 11:09:16 PM »
In my experience in the real World, mail is delivered to the right address/PO Box and if it's wrong then it's up to the person who owns the box to correct the mistake. I can't even imagine the amount of extra work required to check each and every letter against a huge database for correct names and let's not forget that this is a time without computers.

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #1106 on: April 19, 2019, 11:54:09 PM »
In my experience in the real World, mail is delivered to the right address/PO Box and if it's wrong then it's up to the person who owns the box to correct the mistake. I can't even imagine the amount of extra work required to check each and every letter against a huge database for correct names and let's not forget that this is a time without computers.

JohnM

In other words; naming people who can receive mail in a PO Box is just a waste of time?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1106 on: April 19, 2019, 11:54:09 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1107 on: April 20, 2019, 12:13:06 AM »
In other words; naming people who can receive mail in a PO Box is just a waste of time?

Of course not, think a little and stop with the knee jerk reactions of a one eyed biased Kook, if a letter has been mangled for whatever reason there may be a need to gather more information from a complete other source, so the letter can be delivered.

Anyway getting back to reality, "Return to Sender" isn't some vague phrase invented by the WC. LOL!

In the following Post Office rubber stamps for "Return to Sender" is there any option that says that "the name on the application doesn't match"

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:49:18 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1108 on: April 20, 2019, 12:47:21 AM »
My box has a sticker in it with the names of people receiving mail there. No huge database necessary.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1108 on: April 20, 2019, 12:47:21 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1109 on: April 20, 2019, 12:51:38 AM »
My box has a sticker in it with the names of people receiving mail there. No huge database necessary.

Did Oswald have his name in his post box in Dallas in 1963?

Btw none of the houses in my street have any names on their letter boxes?

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:37:39 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1110 on: April 20, 2019, 12:52:15 AM »
The Hidell name listed was in the same handwriting as the Marina Oswald name listed in that section.  Oswald acknowledged the Marina Oswald listing yet denied any knowledge of the Hidell listed name.

When did he ?deny any knowledge of the Hidell listed name??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1110 on: April 20, 2019, 12:52:15 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1111 on: April 20, 2019, 04:22:16 AM »
When did he ?deny any knowledge of the Hidell listed name??

Holmes reminded Oswald that he (Oswald) had listed Marina Oswald as a person eligible to receive mail in that box.  Oswald's reply was basically "Well so what?  She was my wife and I see nothing wrong with that."  Holmes then reminded Oswald that one "A.J. Hidell" was also listed in the section on the application listing others eligible to receive mail in that post office box.  Holmes said that Oswald replied "I don't recall anything about that".