Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342638 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:08 AM »
Advertisement
The problem I have with the encounter with Oswald in the Texas Theater is the way he was approached by the DPD, and specifically, McDonald.

If they believed that Oswald was the killer of Tippet, and also possilby the JFK assassin, it would seem to me they would have had guns drawn, pointing at the suspect and yelling at him to place his hands on his head and dont move BEFORE any DPD ever get close to him.

They may have been trying to avoid provoking a gun battle in a movie theatre.  By checking others and approaching Oswald indirectly, they tried to momentarily fool him into hoping that maybe they were not on to him or might by pass him.  That gave them a chance to close the distance.  They also were not 100% certain he was their murder suspect.  At that point he is a guy behaving suspiciously in the vicinity of the crime.  Certainly worth checking out and being cautious with.   In all likelihood they were going to question him, search him, and make an assessment as to whether to take him in.  Oswald makes it all moot by assaulting a police officer and having a pistol on him.  After that he is going into custody as their murder suspect.

That's right.  In my opinion, McDonald handled the situation perfectly; give the suspect a false sense of security so that you can get closer to him before guns are drawn.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:08 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2018, 01:50:51 AM »
You and Chapman are the ones with the comprehension problems as I never said Chapman was with Fetzer. He built a strawman to try and hide the fact that he said too much.

I have never heard of Bill Chapman in the JFK research community so why would Fetzer talk to him?

Still having those reading comprehension problems, I see.

Quote Bill Chapman ever saying that Fetzer talked to him.

Offline Bill Brown

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2018, 05:28:47 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2018, 06:31:27 AM »
That's right.  In my opinion, McDonald handled the situation perfectly; give the suspect a false sense of security so that you can get closer to him before guns are drawn.

LOL

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2018, 06:58:36 AM »
LOL

Unrelated to McDonald successfully giving Oswald a false sense of security, a sense which kept Oswald from drawing his revolver and having a shootout in a theater full of innocent patrons.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2018, 06:58:36 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2018, 08:23:00 AM »
Mr. McDONALD - Well, after seeing him, I noticed the other people in the theater--there was approximately 10 or 15 other people seated throughout the theater. There were two men sitting in the center, about 10 rows from the front.
I walked up the left center aisle into the row behind these two men, and Officer C. T. Walker was behind me. When I got to these two men, I told them to get on their feet. They got up. I searched them for a weapon.
I looked over my shoulder and the suspect that had been pointed out to me. He remained seated without moving, just looking at me.
Mr. BALL - Why did you frisk these two men in the center of the theater?
Mr. McDONALD - I wanted to make sure that I didn't pass anything or miss anybody. I wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anybody or anything.
Mr. BALL - And you still kept your eye on the suspect?
Mr. McDONALD - Yes, sir. He was to my back. I was looking over my shoulder at him.
Mr. BALL - Was he sitting nearest the right or the left aisle as you came in?
Mr. McDONALD - The right center aisle. He was in the second seat.
Mr. BALL - What did you do then?
Mr. McDONALD - After I was satisfied that these two men were not armed or had a weapon on them, I walked out of this row, up to the right center aisle toward the suspect. And as I walked up there, just at a normal gait, I didn't look directly at him, but I kept my eye on him and any other persons. And to my left was another man and I believe a woman was with him. But he was further back than the suspect.
And just as I got to the row where the suspect was sitting, I stopped abruptly, and turned in and told him to get on his feet.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2018, 01:25:34 PM »
Another non-answer... nice dodge

What was the question, Bill?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2018, 01:25:34 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:04 PM »
You can't resist arrest if there is no legal reason for the arrest. The DPD had no legal right to arrest LHO, therefore, he was defending himself. I have cited numerous court rulings on this.

If you allow the police to arrest people for no reason then you no longer live in a free country.

You can't resist arrest if there is no legal reason for the arrest. The DPD had no legal right to arrest LHO, therefore, he was defending himself. I have cited numerous court rulings on this.

If you allow the police to arrest people for no reason then you no longer live in a free country.

This is the best post I've seen posted in a long time....