Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342691 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »
Advertisement
He was an earwitness, but not an eyewitness.  He was ducking down in his car when Tippit was shot.  He didn't see the shooting.

BS!!!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »
BS!!!

Benvenides to the WC.
"Mr. BENAVIDES - The other man was standing to the right side of the car, riders side of the car, and was standing right in front of the windshield on the right front fender. And then I heard the shot. Actually I wasn't looking for anything like that, so I heard the shot, and I just turned into the curb. Looked around to miss a car, I think.
And then I pulled up to the curb, hitting the curb, and I ducked down, and then I heard two more shots.
Mr. BELIN - How many shots did you hear all told?

Mr. BENAVIDES - I heard three shots.
Mr. BELIN - You heard three shots?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir, "

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »
Either way, he was a mediocre witness.
Upon reviewing Benavides testimony ...
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/benavide.htm
 David Belin spent the entire interview coaching, coaxing, nudging and prodding him to identify Oswald.
Especially after he stated...
Mr. BENAVIDES - I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.
"Was pretty close" ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »
Either way, he was a mediocre witness.
Upon reviewing Benavides testimony ...
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/benavide.htm
 David Belin spent the entire interview coaching, coaxing, nudging and prodding him to identify Oswald.
Especially after he stated..."Was pretty close" ?

Mr. BENAVIDES - I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.

I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.

This written statement does not accurately reflect the inflection in Benavides voice as he said that...He said "Oswald" and then quickly changed that to "or...  the man that shot him".  IOW... Benavides knew that Oswald was NOT the man.

And he didn't duck down until the shooting sarted ( why would he???)  So Benavides DID see the murder.

PS   All of Tippit's wounds were inflicted before he fell.....So the shots were very rapid.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:13:38 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
This written statement does not accurately reflect the inflection in Benavides voice as he said that.

You mean you've heard a recording of his testimony?

And he didn't duck down until the shooting sarted ( why would he???)  So Benavides DID see the murder.

He said that he heard a shot, then ducked down, then heard 2 more shots, then looked up.  Is this another case where your imagination trumps what a witness actually said?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2018, 12:11:08 AM »
You mean you've heard a recording of his testimony?

He said that he heard a shot, then ducked down, then heard 2 more shots, then looked up.  Is this another case where your imagination trumps what a witness actually said?

He said that he heard a shot, then ducked down, then heard 2 more shots, then looked up.

And how long did Tippit remain on his feet after being shot ??.....   Long enough for Benavides reflexes to move him faster than the man who was hit by the bullet??

Don't you have any commonsense?     Surely you're bright enough to understand that the victim would react faster than any spectator...

Tippit's autopsy shows that he was hit by four shots in the upper body .....Do you think the killer fired just once and then waited long enough to allow Benavides to say ..."Oh Shep! .....That man just fire a gun....I think I'll duck down before he can fire again"

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2018, 04:29:42 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2018, 04:29:42 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2018, 05:23:21 AM »
 I came across the statement by William Torbitt who names William Seymour as the killer of Tippit and may have been use to impersonate Oswald