Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342683 times)

Offline Ray Mitcham

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
Advertisement
Why defame the witness?

Helen Markham saw J.D. Tippit tailing a man who was approaching from the west ( traveling east)
"Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes; I seen this man on the opposite side, across the street from me. He was almost across Patton Street.
Mr. BALL. Almost across Patton?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Walking in what direction?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I guess this would be south."

She said she saw Oswald lean into an open window of the car; two witnesses and a photograph confirm that all windows were closed.

But the wing window was open.......so Markham could easily have seen the man talking to Tippit through the vent window.

Sorry,Walt. she said the window was down

"Mr. BALL. He put his arms on the window ledge?
Mrs. MARKHAM. The window was down. "
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:56:54 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2018, 08:49:45 PM »
"Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes; I seen this man on the opposite side, across the street from me. He was almost across Patton Street.
Mr. BALL. Almost across Patton?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Walking in what direction?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I guess this would be south."
Sorry,Walt. she said the window was down

"Mr. BALL. He put his arms on the window ledge?
Mrs. MARKHAM. The window was down. "

How would Helen Markham have known whether the passenger side window was up (closed) or down ( open)  ???
She was on the opposite side ( driver's side) of the car and about a quarter of a block away.

This is one of those details that should be resolved and laid to rest...... Just as the feasibility of the gun being fired from the sixth floor window should be resolved and laid to rest....

If we can't come to grips and establish facts...Then we just as well close the case just as LBJ's Special Select Cover Up Committee did five decades ago.....

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Exactly the same with reference to NOV 22.

That was five months later. Then please explain how that statement aligns with the statement below and Leavelle stating (NOV 22) that Benavides didn't see the suspect.

Mr. BELIN - Let me ask you now, I would like to have you relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.
Mr. BENAVIDES - As I saw him, I really---I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired, he had just tuned. He was just turning away. [...]

please explain how that statement aligns with the statement below and Leavelle stating (NOV 22) that Benavides didn't see the suspect.

A few years after the coup, Benavides told a reporter that He clearly saw the killer and Benavides referred the the killer as ....  "This other man"....  He Did NOT identify this "other man" as Lee Oswald.   

Benavides DID know that Lee Oswald was NOT the killer.....And he told the police that he could not identify Lee as the killer.... in fact h was sure that Lee was NOT the killer.   Thus they did not want any affidavit or any statement from Benavides.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »
Benavides DID know that Lee Oswald was NOT the killer.....And he told the police that he could not identify Lee as the killer.... in fact h was sure that Lee was NOT the killer.   Thus they did not want any affidavit or any statement from Benavides.

What have you seen which makes you claim that Benavides was sure that Oswald was not the killer?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »
What have you seen which makes you claim that Benavides was sure that Oswald was not the killer?

I could tell you...but...You'll have to extract your head first.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »
I could tell you...but...You'll have to extract your head first.

Okay.  I just did it.  Now what?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2018, 08:05:08 PM »
Okay.  I just did it.  Now what?

View the Youtube video.....

A few years after the coup, Benavides told a reporter that he clearly saw the killer and Benavides referred the the killer as ....  "This other man"....  He Did NOT identify this "other man" as Lee Oswald.   

Benavides DID know that Lee Oswald was NOT the killer.....And he told the police that he could not identify Lee as the killer.... in fact h was sure that Lee was NOT the killer. ( he saw the killer face and he described the killer's hair cut which was NOT Lee Oswald's face or the fashion in which Lee had his hair cut)  Thus they did not want any affidavit or any statement from Benavides.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2018, 08:05:08 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
View the Youtube video.....

A few years after the coup, Benavides told a reporter that he clearly saw the killer and Benavides referred the the killer as ....  "This other man"....  He Did NOT identify this "other man" as Lee Oswald.   

Benavides DID know that Lee Oswald was NOT the killer.....And he told the police that he could not identify Lee as the killer.... in fact h was sure that Lee was NOT the killer. ( he saw the killer face and he described the killer's hair cut which was NOT Lee Oswald's face or the fashion in which Lee had his hair cut)  Thus they did not want any affidavit or any statement from Benavides.

You're talking about "A CBS News Inquiry: The Warren Report" (1967)

Benavides does say "This other man" when he corrected himself after originally saying "Oswald".

But, that is a far cry from your claim that Benavides told the authorities that he "could not identify Lee as the killer" and that he "was sure that Lee was NOT the killer".

In reality, Benavides did not attend a lineup because he felt he would not be able to identify the killer.  To the best of my knowledge, Benavides never said anything to them about not being able to identify a Lee Oswald.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:46:39 PM by Bill Brown »