Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 355041 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1928 on: September 23, 2020, 11:22:33 PM »
Advertisement
That, and a gracious admission of error is the way "things should work around here." Rather than sarcasm and rudeness as posted by Griffiths:

Perhaps that was rude, but so was this.

Gosh,well it obviously didn't occur to you, did it. If it had you wouldn't have made such a fundamental mistake. Perhaps a little more research and a little less plagiarism is in order. It would have been "a relatively modest error" for an amateur forum member to make, yes. But as a writer you have a far greater responsibility..how many thousands of people have read that mistake in your book and then gone on to state it as fact to thousands upon thousands more on forums and websites? Who am I? Well, what I'm not is someone who writes books for a living and claims to be a JFK assassination expert as you do. Neither do I spread incorrect factoids in books and all over the internet, as you do. You recently made a posting entitled "Poor Scholarship on Display: Larry Sturdivan's Book "The JFK Myths" so perhaps you shouldn't whine so much when someone picks you up on your mistakes. Is it OK for you to criticise other authors work whilst your work is off limits?
Glad you joined the forum, perhaps we can help you improve your research skills and become a better writer.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1928 on: September 23, 2020, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1929 on: September 23, 2020, 11:24:02 PM »
"When did Domingo ever make a positive identification of Oswald as the gunman?" In 1967 in a C-SPAN interview.

C-SPAN didn't even exist until 1979.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1930 on: September 23, 2020, 11:32:03 PM »
Perhaps that was rude, but so was this.

That was precipitated by Griffith posting: "Gosh, that never occurred to me. Who are you? Have you been lurking and just waiting to huff and puff over a relatively modest error?"
But why the hell am I explaining myself to you? Who the hell do you think you are, picking members up on their manners!! I really don't give a flying f*** what you think.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1930 on: September 23, 2020, 11:32:03 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1931 on: September 23, 2020, 11:36:54 PM »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 11:40:07 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1932 on: September 23, 2020, 11:38:34 PM »
That was precipitated by Griffith posting: "Gosh, that never occurred to me. Who are you? Have you been lurking and just waiting to huff and puff over a relatively modest error?"
But why the hell am I explaining myself to you? Who the hell do you think you are, picking members up on their manners!! I really don't give a flying f*** what you think.

You're the one who decided to go ballistic over rudeness.  Apparently you get to be as rude as you like.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1932 on: September 23, 2020, 11:38:34 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1933 on: September 23, 2020, 11:41:16 PM »
My mistake: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4904439/user-clip-domingo-benavides-interview

Benavides told Eddie Barker in 1967 that now he was sure it was Oswald, but he never made an identification.  They should have asked him what happened between 1964 and 1967 to make him "sure".

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1934 on: September 23, 2020, 11:45:16 PM »
You're the one who decided to go ballistic over rudeness.  Apparently you get to be as rude as you like.

Someone's rude and sarcastic to me, I'll give it back. Dont like it John..tough. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1934 on: September 23, 2020, 11:45:16 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #1935 on: September 24, 2020, 12:04:10 AM »

Irony Meter. ???