Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 85102 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1600 on: October 23, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's a lot of assuming based on a rather vague statement.  We have no idea if, or when, or how, any of these clocks were set.  Regardless, the spoken time checks at any given time "had no faithful validity".

Yes, “no faithful validity” would be due to the fact that the dispatcher had two different clocks within sight. And Bowles had no way of knowing which one he used for the voice time stamp. Not necessarily that the time was more out of sync than their normal tolerances.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1600 on: October 23, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1601 on: October 23, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »
Yes, “no faithful validity” would be due to the fact that the dispatcher had two different clocks within sight. And Bowles had no way of knowing which one he used for the voice time stamp. Not necessarily that the time was more out of sync than their normal tolerances.

Right.  And also no way of knowing how close either clock was to any time standard.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1602 on: October 23, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »
Right.  And also no way of knowing how close either clock was to any time standard.

This quote from the same interview by Larry Sneed might give you a clue:

And somebody else said, “All right.” Just after that, at about 12: 30: 55 is when the first shot was fired.

I don’t have the information as to how Bowles arrived at that conclusion. But it doesn’t appear to me that their clocks were more than a minute or two off.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1602 on: October 23, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #1603 on: October 23, 2019, 06:31:16 PM »

And somebody else said, “All right.” Just after that, at about 12: 30: 55 is when the first shot was fired.

I don’t have the information as to how Bowles arrived at that conclusion. But it doesn’t appear to me that their clocks were more than a minute or two off.
Charles; I'm not sure if you read this or not but Bowles goes into some detail as to how he determined that and other times: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

See chapter/section 3 in particular.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #1604 on: October 23, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
Charles; I'm not sure if you read this or not but Bowles goes into some detail as to how he determined that and other times: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks Steve!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1604 on: October 23, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1605 on: October 23, 2019, 07:10:35 PM »

I don’t have the information as to how Bowles arrived at that conclusion.

Obviously out of thin air, since even the admittedly inaccurate dispatcher clocks didn't show seconds.

But it doesn’t appear to me that their clocks were more than a minute or two off.

How would you know?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1606 on: October 23, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »

Thanks for the pointer.  So Bowles derives his "approximate to the second" timestamps only during the period of time that the motorcycle radio mic was stuck on (thus causing the sound-activated channel 1 recorder to record continuously) by arbitrarily assigning the exact time of 12:29:10 p.m. (Channel 1 time) to the beginning of the stuck-mic episode.  Unfortunately this doesn't help us determine anything about the time period surrounding Tippit's shooting.

Bowles also gives a number of caveats:

"It is, however, important to remember that

1. No exact record of "time" exists;
     2. The several clocks were not synchronized;
     3. The radio operators were not exact with regard to "time statements" on either radio;
     4. The recordings were continuous only on Channel 1, and only while the mike was stuck open;
     5. For an accurate, although derived, time reference point, 12:29:10 (Channel 1), the time the mike stuck open, will be developed and used in this text."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:17:47 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1606 on: October 23, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #1607 on: October 23, 2019, 07:45:08 PM »
Or Alyea (or Kritzberg) may have just been wrong.

Gary Savage (1st Day Evidence) also says that a newsman (Alyea) who had been allowed into the TSBD took video of Lt Day lifting prints from the rifle....

What possible reason would there be for Day, Drain, and Latona to all lie about sending and receiving the card later and separately from the other evidence?

That would take me a while to type out.....And you already know the answer.....You've read my posts....

I believe Vince Drain took only a few select  pieces of evidence ( The Rifle and a couple of other items) and flew in an Air Force jet to Washington.... The bulk of the evidence arrived later on Saturday........

"I believe Vince Drain took only a few select  pieces of evidence ( The Rifle and a couple of other items) and flew in an Air Force jet to Washington.... The bulk of the evidence arrived later on Saturday........"

Commission Document 81.1 - AG Texas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1607 on: October 23, 2019, 07:45:08 PM »

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1608 on: October 23, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »
"I believe Vince Drain took only a few select  pieces of evidence ( The Rifle and a couple of other items) and flew in an Air Force jet to Washington.... The bulk of the evidence arrived later on Saturday........"

Commission Document 81.1 - AG Texas

Thanks Gary,  Although the 3 X 5 card isn't specifically mentioned , the writer does say " The evidence was turned over to Drain about midnight  Friday, November, 22, 1963. "  And that 3 X 5 card was listed on the evidence inventory list.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1609 on: October 23, 2019, 09:03:22 PM »
Thanks Gary,  Although the 3 X 5 card isn't specifically mentioned , the writer does say " The evidence was turned over to Drain about midnight  Friday, November, 22, 1963. "  And that 3 X 5 card was listed on the evidence inventory list.

There is absolutely no evidence that the document in question was an evidence list of items turned over to the FBI on 11/22 or that it was even written on 11/22.  Or even that CE637 is a 3x5 card.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:05:34 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1609 on: October 23, 2019, 09:03:22 PM »

Mobile View