Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342696 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1440 on: October 13, 2019, 12:35:35 AM »
Advertisement
Show us the 24/27" bags with the 5.5"/8" widths

I have no clue what the discussion about a 5.5/8 " width is about.....But if the paper sack was only 5.625" wide, then the carcano with the scope could not have fit in the bag....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1440 on: October 13, 2019, 12:35:35 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1441 on: October 13, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »
Nothing like a Lone Nutter as frustrated and confused as the commission he quotes,

Without "visual recollection" they are left with "evidence here presented" which is the FBI conclusion there is NO trace of a rifle in that bag, CE 142. Sums up well why it sucks being a Lone Nutter.

Read Stombaugh's testimony
And blanket fibers were found in the bag
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:12:40 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1442 on: October 13, 2019, 09:51:19 AM »
I have no clue what the discussion about a 5.5/8 " width is about.....But if the paper sack was only 5.625" wide, then the carcano with the scope could not have fit in the bag....

Frazier's bag width estimate was around 5.5"
Randle's estimate was 8"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1442 on: October 13, 2019, 09:51:19 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1443 on: October 13, 2019, 05:48:38 PM »
Frazier's bag width estimate was around 5.5"
Randle's estimate was 8"
And what does this have to do with The Cop Killer? We have this bag in about 6 different threads now.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1444 on: October 13, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »
Read Stombaugh's testimony
And blanket fibers were found in the bag

Perhaps you should learn how to read....A single blanket fiber ( ONE) was found ....and there are photos that show the blanket and bag touching when the evidence was being photographed before release to the FBI.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1444 on: October 13, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1445 on: October 13, 2019, 07:58:10 PM »
Perhaps you should learn how to read....A single blanket fiber ( ONE) was found ....and there are photos that show the blanket and bag touching when the evidence was being photographed before release to the FBI.

Wrong... Stombaugh found 3-4 fibers

Get somebody to read his testimony to you
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:59:21 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1446 on: October 13, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »
That's not what he said, can you get ANYTHING right?

You ought to ask yourself the same question

Mr. EISENBERG. Did you proceed to examine the inside of the paper bag to see if there were any foreign objects?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. Yes; I did.
Mr. EISENBERG. What were your conclusions?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. I removed the debris from the inside of the bag by opening the bag as best I could, and tapping it and knocking the debris on to a small piece of white paper, and I found a very small number of fibers. Upon examining these fibers, I found a single brown, delustered, viscose fiber and several light-green cotton fibers from the inside of the bag.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:36:05 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1446 on: October 13, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1447 on: October 13, 2019, 08:43:08 PM »
You ought to ask yourself the same question

Mr. EISENBERG. Did you proceed to examine the inside of the paper bag to see if there were any foreign objects?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. Yes; I did.
Mr. EISENBERG. What were your conclusions?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. I removed the debris from the inside of the bag by opening the bag as best I could, and tapping it and knocking the debris on to a small piece of white paper, and I found a very small number of fibers. Upon examining these fibers, I found a single brown, delustered, viscose fiber and several light-green cotton fibers from the inside of the bag.

Stombaugh’s 1964 testimony linked Oswald to the rifle by concluding that certain hair and fiber samples could be associated with Oswald and with a blanket found in the garage of his wife’s Irving, Texas residence.

Stombaugh was careful to qualify some of his key opinions. He said he was “unable to render an opinion that the fibers which he found in the bag had probably come from the blanket.” At other times he said, “All I would say here is that it is possible;” and “the possibility exists, these fibers could have come from this blanket.”

The Warren Commission report omitted most of those qualifications in asserting the “probative value” of Stombaugh’s testimony, which was said to be “strong evidence” that the rifle was “most probably” linked recently to Oswald’s shirt.

Hmmmm..... Are you sure you want to stand on the BS from the WC?