Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 353234 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1280 on: August 25, 2019, 02:40:46 PM »
Advertisement
No, Iacoletti, it's just that your eyesight is so bad

Funny, that’s exactly what the guys who think they see gunmen behind every bush and pergola window say.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1280 on: August 25, 2019, 02:40:46 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1281 on: August 25, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »
And a blind person coulda made those shots if he got lucky enough
Noticed that this fatuous..off  the charts statement was re-qualified with "got lucky enough" :-\

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #1282 on: August 25, 2019, 04:34:48 PM »
[See post#1270]

The shirt collar appears to be high enough to give the impression of a 'squared-off' Oswald 'do.

::)

Testimony Of Domingo Benavides

Mr. BELIN - Where were you when your vehicle stopped?
Mr. BENAVIDES - About 15 foot, just directly across the street and maybe a car length away from the police car.

~snip~

Mr. Belin: Let me ask you now, I would like you to relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.

Mr. Benavides: As I saw him, I really--I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired he had just turned. He was just turning away........

~snip~

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

~snip~

A photo below of Ozzie in custody the same day Benavides observed and described Tippit's killer.
He's obviously not the person he saw at murder scene.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1282 on: August 25, 2019, 04:34:48 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1283 on: August 25, 2019, 11:16:41 PM »

Thumb1:

Mr. BELIN - You used the name Oswald. How did you know this man was Oswald?
Mr. BENAVIDES - From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald.

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1284 on: August 25, 2019, 11:39:05 PM »
Mr. BENAVIDES - I was just trying to hide from the reporters and everything, and these two officers came around and asked me if I'd seen him, and I told him yes, and told them what I had seen, and they asked me if I could identify him, and I said I don't think I could. It this time I was sure, I wasn't sure that I could or not. I wasn't going to say I could identify and go down and couldn't have.
Mr. BELIN - Did he ever take you to the police station and ask you if you could identify him?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; they didn't.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1284 on: August 25, 2019, 11:39:05 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #1285 on: August 25, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »
Mr. BENAVIDES - I was just trying to hide from the reporters and everything, and these two officers came around and asked me if I'd seen him, and I told him yes, and told them what I had seen, and they asked me if I could identify him, and I said I don't think I could. It this time I was sure, I wasn't sure that I could or not. I wasn't going to say I could identify and go down and couldn't have.
Mr. BELIN - Did he ever take you to the police station and ask you if you could identify him?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; they didn't.

Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else as you heard her screaming?
Mrs. V DAVIS. Well, we saw Oswald. We didn't know it was Oswald at the time. We saw that boy cut across the lawn emptying the shells out of the gun.

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in that room?
Mrs. B DAVIS. Yes, sir. I recognized number 2.

Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.
Mr. BALL. You mean he looked like the same man?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes.

Mr. BALL. Then what did you do?
Mr. GUINYARD. I was looking--trying to see and after I heard the third shot, then Oswald came through on Patton running---came right through the yard in front of the big white house---there's a big two-story white house---there's two of them there and he come through the one right on the corner of Patton.

Mr. LIEBELER. Let me show you some pictures that we have here. I show you a picture that has been marked Garner Exhibit No. 1 and ask you if that is the man that you saw going down the street on the 22d of November as you have already told us.
Mr.REYNOLDS. Yes.

Mr. BELIN. Four? Did any one of the people look anything like strike that. Did you identify anyone in the lineup?
Mr. SCOGGINS. I identified the one we are talking about, Oswald. I identified him.

RUSSELL positively identified a photograph of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, New Orleans Police Department # 112723, taken August 9, 1963, as being identical with the individual he had observed at the scene of the shooting of Dallas Police Officer J.D. TIPPIT on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, at Dallas, Texas.

Mr. BALL. What about number two, what did you mean when you said number two?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two was the man I saw shoot the policeman.

And in addition to these eyewitnesses, the shells left at the scene were traced to the revolver that Oswald was arrested with, sorry but that's Case Closed!

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1286 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »
What so impressive about unfair lineups involving people who saw no crime committed?

And Oswald didn’t have any revolver at the time of his arrest, much less that particular one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:03:20 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1286 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1287 on: August 26, 2019, 12:05:16 AM »

Mr. BELIN - Where were you when your vehicle stopped?
Mr. BENAVIDES - About 15 foot, just directly across the street and maybe a car length away from the police car.

~snip~

Mr. Belin: Let me ask you now, I would like you to relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.

Mr. Benavides: As I saw him, I really--I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired he had just turned. He was just turning away........

~snip~

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

~snip~

A photo below of Ozzie in custody the same day Benavides observed and described Tippit's killer.
He's obviously not the person he saw at murder scene.

Neither of these images shows Oswald in the jacket he was seen in @Tippit

The hair could appear to be square cut if the collar of the jacket reached up to just below the thickest hair at the nape. You can quickly confirm this by putting a level-ish finger across Oswald's nape, but leave a little of the thinner portion showing.

The squared effect could be furthur enhanced if the sun was on his neck

I'm not suggesting that anyone would claim a square cut based on a collar abruptly covering thicker hair
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:12:52 AM by Bill Chapman »